Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > 130X

130X Blade 130X Helicopters Information and Help

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-29-2012, 10:57 PM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsmillertime0 View Post
Holy! Wow

Sent from my ZTE-Z990G using Tapatalk 2

Epoweredrc is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-30-2012, 12:32 AM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razzman View Post
Hello James and 130X pilots,

Thanks for the info on setting gyro gains. I tried a couple test hovers indoors this evening, but I initially found that the tail was acting like the gyro gain was too high, not being very smooth, shaking mainly side to side, also some up and down. Also when spooling up from soft start, the tail goes through a nasty vibration, looks like the tail blades are way out of track, until the head speed is stabilized.

This was with stock settings for hovering, idle up was worse. I lowered the gyro gain, although not sure if it's as low as it goes. This helped smooth the tail vibration some, although it's still not very smooth, still some side to side vibration, and up and down.

I played with the main blade tightness, and tail blade tightness in blade holders, as they sure were on the super loose side. I just took some of the excessive play out in the blade holders, but the blades can still pivot freely.

All gears seem to turn freely, just hoping I can get this heli to smooth out in a hover.

How smooth should the tail be? My MCPX was very smooth, no vibration.

Thanks,

Brian
I experienced the same problem, I tried lowering the gain on my gear channel from 100 down to 80 and it help but not smooth, hopefully somebody out there can chime in on how to iron this out...
Old 06-30-2012, 12:43 AM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razzman View Post
Also when spooling up from soft start, the tail goes through a nasty vibration, looks like the tail blades are way out of track, until the head speed is stabilized.
I saw the exact same vibration on two 130Xs at the LHS today, and with mine when I got it home. Seems that there's a particular rpm where this happens. Above or below that value, it doesn't happen but you can't miss it when it does.

One of the hobby shop guys also noticed something when landing. When lowering the throttle to minimum, the servos would 'twitch' just as the blades stopped. He said it happened nearly every time, but when he went to demonstrate it, it didn't happen. Go figure...

I hovered mine in the basement this evening. The 'twitch' wasn't present at landing on the first flight, but I did observe it on the second. Also, the tail was vibrating quite a bit while hovering during the second flight.

Anyone else seeing these or other issues?

The 130X seems like a nice helicopter, hopefully these are just 'teething pains'...

Don
Digital Don is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-30-2012, 08:27 AM   #24 (permalink)
3vw
Registered Users

Default Mine too

I have 2 130x's and both units have manifested the same issues of vibrations for me.

The advantage of having the 2 130's is the ability to see right away these problem are not unique.

Sadly this is being taken up here in this thread... A new thread should be started with the titled problem.

Hopefully James or someone from HH can tell us what the remedy might be.
3vw is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-30-2012, 08:57 AM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

the twitch when you land is the gyros resetting when you go to zero throttle. that is normal.
Old 06-30-2012, 09:15 AM   #26 (permalink)

My HF Map location

We tested one so we would know what we are selling to our customers and immediately had the extreme tail vibration. It is so bad and increases to the point that that it looks unsafe to continue any higher. At just above half stick the heli is bouncing around on the ground because of the vibration. Looking at it from our customers POV we felt that most of them would probably freak at this point and not try to push it and then return it to us. Unfortunately we will most likely pull our inventory and return it until this is officially addressed. Its simply not an acceptable characteristic.
Socal500 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-30-2012, 10:14 AM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Socal500 View Post
We tested one so we would know what we are selling to our customers and immediately had the extreme tail vibration. It is so bad and increases to the point that that it looks unsafe to continue any higher. At just above half stick the heli is bouncing around on the ground because of the vibration. Looking at it from our customers POV we felt that most of them would probably freak at this point and not try to push it and then return it to us. Unfortunately we will most likely pull our inventory and return it until this is officially addressed. Its simply not an acceptable characteristic.
Wow! This is exactly the kind of thing I didn't want to hear.

IF IT CAN'T BE FIXED WITH DENTAL FLOSS, THEN IT CAN'T BE FIXED..LOL
Liduno is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-30-2012, 10:31 AM   #28 (permalink)
Registered Users

Have you tried to just flick into Idle1 and let the heli spool up to flying speed?

A lot of heli's will hit a resonance at lower headspeed. The trick is to simply push thru it as fast as possible.
ahahn is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-30-2012, 11:25 AM   #29 (permalink)
Registered Users

Mine is fine.
Old 06-30-2012, 11:47 AM   #30 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Hi guys,

The vibration issue is normal on spool up. The helicopter is hitting a resonance when on the grou. Spooling up slowly will cause this, the simple is to spool up quickly and go right into a hover.

This is not a defect. Lowering the tail gain will not affect this.

As for the twitch when landing after leading and going to low throttle the gains are on for 5s then shut off. This is so you can do baby autos.

Ill try to help out whever possible.

Thanks,
James
Old 06-30-2012, 11:49 AM   #31 (permalink)

My HF Map location

Out of all the helis I have flown, the worse tail wag does not even compare. Even if we could push through it it's not something I would expect our customers to accept. That and the amount of vibration it goes through prior to pushing through cannot be good for the small parts in the tail. In not sayin all of them do this. We will test a second one today.
Socal500 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-30-2012, 02:15 PM   #32 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital Don View Post
I saw the exact same vibration on two 130Xs at the LHS today, and with mine when I got it home. Seems that there's a particular rpm where this happens. Above or below that value, it doesn't happen but you can't miss it when it does.

One of the hobby shop guys also noticed something when landing. When lowering the throttle to minimum, the servos would 'twitch' just as the blades stopped. He said it happened nearly every time, but when he went to demonstrate it, it didn't happen. Go figure...

I hovered mine in the basement this evening. The 'twitch' wasn't present at landing on the first flight, but I did observe it on the second. Also, the tail was vibrating quite a bit while hovering during the second flight.

Anyone else seeing these or other issues?

The 130X seems like a nice helicopter, hopefully these are just 'teething pains'...

Don
Yep, I'm seeing the exact same thing. (posted over in the thoughts, issues, problems thread)
Old 06-30-2012, 03:06 PM   #33 (permalink)
Registered Users

ALRIGHTY THEN!

Adjusted my rudder gain (how much? Not sure. Hard to tell when LED was blinking faster)

Random tail shudder has gone away.
Old 06-30-2012, 03:09 PM   #34 (permalink)
Registered Users

Smile Getting a smoother 130X

Guys,

I checked the main blade balance with a crude home made balancer using two razor blades, glued to a strip of wood, then I used a small 2mm bolt with a couple nuts to join the blades together in order to check the balance.

I found that the main blades were way out of balance. So I actually drilled some small holes in the heavy blades bullet, also sanding the paint off the blades with some fine wet and dry 3m paper. I even used some 5min. LB weld to add some weight back in to a couple bullet holes...experimenting.

I also took the entire tail apart, all seemed fine. I did tighten the tail blades into their blade holders, they can still pivot, but the sideways play is gone. Also tightened the main blades so they could pivot, but no excessive play in the grips.

I also increased the throttle curve in normal mode up a good 10%, in order to accelerate the main rotor and tail through the vibration zone....it still has a nasty vibration, not always so consistent in intensity(I'm trying different techniques to power through it, adding some tail rotor, adding collective to get the heli in the air quicker)

But the heli is much smoother in a hover! I'm happy with the smoothness, the tail is also much more stable, being almost perfectly smooth. I did also lower the tail gain with James instructions...will still play with that, along with the Ail. and Elev. gains.

I'm just happy the heli is smooth in flight, just working on some fine tuning. The tail spool up vibration is certainly nasty at times, maybe different tail blades will improve it? Come on KDBB bring us some blades
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0763.jpg
Views:	903
Size:	87.6 KB
ID:	328305   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0762.jpg
Views:	890
Size:	47.5 KB
ID:	328306   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0761.jpg
Views:	860
Size:	92.5 KB
ID:	328307   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0764.jpg
Views:	901
Size:	71.5 KB
ID:	328308  
Old 06-30-2012, 03:40 PM   #35 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by soljkaer20 View Post
Hi guys,

The vibration issue is normal on spool up. The helicopter is hitting a resonance when on the grou. Spooling up slowly will cause this, the simple is to spool up quickly and go right into a hover.

This is not a defect. Lowering the tail gain will not affect this.

As for the twitch when landing after leading and going to low throttle the gains are on for 5s then shut off. This is so you can do baby autos.

Ill try to help out whever possible.

Thanks,
James
You saying it's able to do baby autos?
AcidDrink is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-02-2012, 05:18 PM   #36 (permalink)
Registered Users

Bringing this one to the top and repeating the other request to make it sticky.

Mike
mrc3 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-02-2012, 05:39 PM   #37 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcidDrink View Post
It does nice ones from about 3 feet.
ChrisG23 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-02-2012, 10:12 PM   #38 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcidDrink View Post
^ that's awesome.
Old 07-02-2012, 10:30 PM   #39 (permalink)
Registered Users

Smile huhh

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisG23 View Post
Now if only the stock system supported governor mode, and swash had rear facing anti rotation pin.... oh well Not gonna stop me from purchasing.
Cool little - heli,really no ned for gOv mode
genuine is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-02-2012, 10:38 PM   #40 (permalink)
Registered Users

Smile neat

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsmillertime0 View Post
the ladder is warp next to the house, never thought something so small would lift that,shows yeah what power will do!
genuine is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in