Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Miniature Aircraft Helicopters > MA Glow

MA Glow Miniature Aircraft Glow Helicopter Support Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-19-2010, 08:33 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default Stratus and Novarossi 91

Has anyone fitted a Novarossi 91 to their Stratus? If so, what, if any, modifications did you have to make to accommodate the engine? Also, the back plate screw spacing would be helpful along with the total length of the engine from the backplate mounting surface to the front bearing. These dimensions aren't in Novarossi's specs.

Thanks,
Bob

Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm.

Churchill
capebob is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-19-2010, 04:46 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Bob,

I've got a NR 91 in one of my Tempests. No issues there, but I can see where there might be a problem with the Stratus. I want to say at one time I held the NR up to one of my YS 91's and the backplates aren't the same dimensions. I wasn't able to check against an OS, so I can't really comment on that either.

Wish that I could be of more help. If I can measure the dimensions easily with it mounted, I may give that a try and report back.

-Joey
Old 08-19-2010, 05:04 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Thanks for the reply Joey. The most important dimension for me would be from the backplate mounting surface to the front bearing. I can make any shim required to fit the engine unless the engine is too long. BTW how do you like the engine? Were you able to use the YS collets?

Thanks again,
Bob

Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm.

Churchill

Last edited by capebob; 08-19-2010 at 05:06 PM.. Reason: Added a question
Old 08-19-2010, 07:57 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Bob,

No need for collets...I used a Maryland Machine fan. They're worth their weight in gold if you can find one. I was lucky enough to buy mine before he quit making them.

Regarding the dimensions, I bet you could get Allen at Planet Hobby to get you that measurement. They're in Memphis, and a good group of guys. They've been importing NR plants for quite some time.

Hope that helps some, and good luck!

-Joey
Old 08-20-2010, 06:17 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Thanks Joey, I appreciate the help.

Bob

Churchill
Old 08-20-2010, 08:19 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Bob,

No problem. I guess I should answer your other question. I do like the engine. I've had it for a little over a year, but I haven't run it much. Maybe a case of fuel through it. I run Rotor Rage 20% in it, and the only thing that gave me some worry was getting the compression right. I have version 1 of the engine, so the manual wasn't so ...how do we say.."correct" in the compression settings. I ended up with compression set for 30% fuel (or maybe higher, can't remember right now).

At any rate, pay careful attention to the compression. You'll easily be able to tell if it's overcompressed. Get it right, and it's a nice motor. It likes RPM, so if you run 8.18 or 8.45 you should be fine. It just depends on what headspeed you want. Enjoy...

-Joey
Old 10-15-2010, 09:53 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Bob,

I was going back through some notes earlier, and I may have misled you, and I apologize. I now think that the dimensions on the NR are the same, if not very close to the YS. I think that I had mistaken my measurements with a Webra 91. It's hard to tell from my 'chicken scratching' though. At any rate, have you had the chance to test fit it? I'd really like to know how it went. Good luck, as always...

-Joey
Old 10-22-2010, 01:46 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Joey,

No, I haven't had a chance to get the NovaRossi yet. Still hacking away with my old YS ST.

Bob

Churchill

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in