Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > nano CP X

nano CP X Blade nano CP X Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-01-2015, 03:40 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Question Wired servo behavior after frame swap

Hey

I have a buddy with a nano who just swapped out his frame due to a broken canopy pin. After he was all done and tried to fly the thing he switched it on and the servos did their usual buzzing but also had a severe intermittent twitch, and the elevator servo barely moved. Upon spooling up it would tilt back full elevator and not respond to any inputs. While in idle the servos would respond but be twitching violently every few seconds. So it seems his tx is bound. He tried replacing the elevator servo which did nothing.

If anyone has any ideas it would be helpful.
Advertisement

Old 02-14-2015, 07:46 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

As of this evening, I'm having almost the same issue. I, too, swapped frames to fix a broken canopy mount. When I put it all back together I did get about 5 seconds of normal hovering. Then I began experienced the random servo twitches and 'phantom' aft cyclic (swash tilts rearward). I also observed that all 3 servos do NOT give the 'up elevator' command. Only the rear servo moves, pulling the back of the swash down.

I read that you tried swapping servos. I just tried swapping the main motor and disconnecting the tail motor.....both to no avail.

As it stands, I can power the machine up and as long as I never advance the throttle, the servos operate normally. As soon as power is applied, the twitches begin and then I get full up elevator and ultimately it goes dead. Disconnecting the battery allows a repeat of the above.

It seems all but obvious that a new main board is in order. But, I'm wondering what we did (during the frame swap) to trigger this. I realize that these boards are known for failure, but it seems unlikely BOTH of ours just happen to fail as we swapped boards.
sps3172 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-16-2015, 07:57 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I have the exact same issue with my Nano CPX as well. Great Hobbies in Ottawa replaced the servo which didn't help. It turned out that the PCB with the servo on it needs to be replaced. The position sensor on that board has failed and that's why the servo judders violently. In my case it was the rear servo board which has the part No. SPMSH2026L.

I hope this helps.
Dark Helmet is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-16-2015, 01:11 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

My first thought when I hear servos twitching is to give them a shot of deoxite.
Krinaman is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-17-2015, 11:46 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

The guy ended up replacing his 3n1 board and the problem went away. I can only guess that he damaged it somehow in the frame swap.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in