Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Flybarless Helicopter Systems

Flybarless Helicopter Systems CSM Cyclock, Helitronix Multi-mixer, Spartan AP2000i, Firmtronix Digimix-3, Gyrobot, SK360and AC3X

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-01-2014, 06:10 AM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

I had a "weird" feeling when he was describing the pitch channel twitches that he was using the coronas! Brought back bad memories!

You must correct the issue or you will have catastrophic failure mid flight when the zyx decides to reset. Since its not sitting still it will not finish a reinitialize and will go to a blue blinking light while the heli crashes.

Easiest fix is get rid of the corona's and use different servos.
paedbo is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-01-2014, 11:53 AM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

ive checked it over and cant see any blue blinking lights when spooled up and shaking it around, i will start looking in to this deeper and try some of paedbo's fixes..

Paedbo did you leave the servo's powered off of the RX or did you re-hook them to the ZYX to power them?
M&P_Hooligan is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-01-2014, 01:08 PM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

Does your ESC have a ferrite ring on it? That might shield the EMF from the Corona servos.
Nihilistic is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-01-2014, 01:56 PM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nihilistic View Post
Does your ESC have a ferrite ring on it? That might shield the EMF from the Corona servos.
The servos are the cause of the problem, not a victim. Quickest / easiest fix is to replace the Coronas
Mikej is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-01-2014, 02:20 PM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

the ferrite ring wont help. the noise is coming from the servos and going directly to the tarot.

The only other easy fix is to not run the servos power wires ( red and black) through the tarot. disconnect them and connect them directly to the esc.

if you decide to try this do not remove the red and black pins from the servo connector because that will only leave the physical resistance on the signal wire pin to hold the connector from falling out of the tarot. Instead cut the wires and leave the pins there so they can aid in making sure the servo plug doesn't move.

I had to put 4 surface mount capacitors into the tarot and 1 on each corona servo to get it to behave. ( of course I never tried doing just the caps on the servos and skipping the caps on the tarot as they were already there). It may or may not work with doing the servo's only. Again this is the harder way to do things.

Now I'm not sure why you aren't seeing the blue light flicker if your in heading hold mode but I found sometimes it doesn't do it but I can see the cyclic servos chattering so I know its still happening.
Old 01-01-2014, 02:23 PM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikej View Post
The servos are the cause of the problem, not a victim. Quickest / easiest fix is to replace the Coronas
Yeah, I meant to say shield the rest of the system from the EMI the Coronas are causing.

But, yes, better servos would be the best all around solution, if he's willing to fork out for them.

My TGY-211DMH's were really nice for $18 a piece at HobbyKing. But, I've had two of them crap out on me, so I'm reluctant to recommend them now. A lot of people prefer the TGY-S306G for about $22, or the TGY-S306G-HV (the high voltage variant), for their fast speed and high torque. They're fast enough to use on the tail as well as the cyclic. A guy complained on the US warehouse page of those that two of his failed on him after only six flights though. So, you might be better off with the actual KST DS115MG's or KST DS215MG's.
Old 01-01-2014, 06:15 PM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

so i think im gonna keep going with paedbo's research and see if .001uf caps on the servos alone work.

what volt cap should i use? 1000? 600? 50?

you just solder the cap + to - correct?

may try one of those glitch busters also to see if that helps after putting caps on the servos
Old 01-01-2014, 06:44 PM   #28 (permalink)
Registered Users

I used smd caps inside servos. might of been 25v I used
Old 01-01-2014, 08:08 PM   #29 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Cap voltage rating is called WVDC or working volts dc. Engineers typically use caps that are 20% to 40% of the max voltage they will see. In case of the servo's we typically use, 10-12 volt caps will be fine. Higher rating doesn't hurt but will increase the size and weight.

Paedbo did a great job with it

But I would take Mike's advice on this one
AXN FPV
Daddy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-03-2014, 07:22 PM   #30 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

think im gonna shelf the zyx for now and put my fly bar back on it, maybe put the zyx in a plank or different heli later on
Old 01-04-2014, 02:15 AM   #31 (permalink)
Registered Users

I had a set of $5 Turnigys that worked very well with both ZYX and Robird G31, I would never go back to a flybar personally
Old 01-04-2014, 02:40 AM   #32 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
I had a set of $5 Turnigys that worked very well with both ZYX and Robird G31, I would never go back to a flybar personally
Metal gear and digital? What model number?
Old 01-04-2014, 02:45 AM   #33 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Metal gear and digital? What model number?
These ones - they developed a little bit of slop after a few crashes - but never as much as my Corona DS929's had from the start http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...?strSearch=xgd
Old 01-04-2014, 02:55 AM   #34 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
These ones - they developed a little bit of slop after a few crashes - but never as much as my Corona DS929's had from the start http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...?strSearch=xgd
So they developed some slop and you moved on to different servos? What are you using now, and why didn't you just buy another set of these? I didn't know there were any decent digital metal gear servos that cheap, or I would have tried these instead of my TGY-211DMH's :p
Old 01-04-2014, 04:12 AM   #35 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
So they developed some slop and you moved on to different servos? What are you using now, and why didn't you just buy another set of these? I didn't know there were any decent digital metal gear servos that cheap, or I would have tried these instead of my TGY-211DMH's :p
I did buy more and replaced them - I had them on my HK 250 and a Copterx 450 for a while, they worked really well. A couple of crashes with the Tarot DFC head finally finished them - but the DFC head is reknowned as a servo-killer.

I ended up replacing them with Turnigy 306G, mainl because I wanted to try them.

I left the window open in which I had checked their name - they originally came up as $5.07, but after leaving the window open they ended up at $4.44 - absolute bargain
Old 01-04-2014, 04:54 AM   #36 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
I did buy more and replaced them - I had them on my HK 250 and a Copterx 450 for a while, they worked really well. A couple of crashes with the Tarot DFC head finally finished them - but the DFC head is reknowned as a servo-killer.

I ended up replacing them with Turnigy 306G, mainl because I wanted to try them.

I left the window open in which I had checked their name - they originally came up as $5.07, but after leaving the window open they ended up at $4.44 - absolute bargain
Are you happy with your TGY-306G's? Good centering? Are the torque and speed as claimed? Are they robust enough to survive crashes with the DFC head? I'm running a DFC head also (kind of wishing I'd gotten the normal Tarot FBL head now). Worth the $22 a piece?
Old 01-04-2014, 05:19 AM   #37 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Are you happy with your TGY-306G's? Good centering? Are the torque and speed as claimed? Are they robust enough to survive crashes with the DFC head? I'm running a DFC head also (kind of wishing I'd gotten the normal Tarot FBL head now). Worth the $22 a piece?
To be honest I only have a handful of flights on them so it is hard for me to comment - all I can say is that they are very (very) fast, no slop (very good from this perspective), they look to be very nicely made - though one of mine was a bit rough when I first got them but has smoothed out after a few flights.

Worth $22 - absolutely from my first impressions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in