Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Futaba Radios and Electronics

Futaba Radios and Electronics Futaba Radios, Gyros, Servos, Etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-08-2015, 09:17 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default 14SG left stick not as smooth as my DX9

Just received my new 14SG today and the first thing I notice when comparing it (side by side) to my Spektrum DX9 is that the left stick is not as smooth. The cyclic stick appears to be very similar between the two as far as feel. I've had my DX9 since the day they came out so I'm not sure if the Futaba just needs to be broken in or if this normal. I've only owned Spektrum radios (DX4 - DX9).

Thoughts?

Thank you!
Matt
TurboMatt is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-09-2015, 07:50 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Both my sticks were smooth from the beginning. Take the back cover off and see if anything is rubbing. If you don’t find anything you can call Futaba Tech Support.

There are lots of very knowledgeable folks at RCG. You might post on that forum. http://www.rcgroups.com/radios-135/
RC Mike is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-09-2015, 10:06 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

It doesn't feel like anything is rubbing. It's just not as smooth. I wasn't sure if there was any standard adjustments to follow since this is my first Futaba radio.
Old 07-09-2015, 02:41 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Do you have the helicopter version?

The collective pitch/throttle stick has adjustable friction. Perhaps it’s just too tight for your liking. Rudder and cyclic were always silk smooth from day one.

I have both JR and Futaba radios and the only difference is the JR springs are a little stiffer when they are new. The 14SG has adjustable stick tension. With Futaba I usually extend the sticks a little and tighten up the rudder spring to prevent accidental rudder input when I move collective. Futaba also has an optional set of stronger springs if you like.

Old 07-09-2015, 08:27 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

I really like the idea of tightening up the rudder input as well. Is there a good how to online for this? I did speak with Futaba support today they went over how to adjust the ratchet spring which I'll try soon.

Thanks!
Matt
Old 07-10-2015, 10:40 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboMatt View Post
I really like the idea of tightening up the rudder input as well. Is there a good how to online for this? I did speak with Futaba support today they went over how to adjust the ratchet spring which I'll try soon.

Thanks!
Matt
The manual has a section on adjusting stick tension. It’s on page 17-18 in my book.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in