Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Flight Stabilization

Flight Stabilization Flight Stabilization

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-09-2010, 03:52 PM   #41 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk_Sport View Post
yep it is. and when sticks moved servos work in right directions. . the only problem is the tilt. i move the heli side to side and the tilt just is not there. same as forward and backwards.
Is the gyro plugged it the correct way around ?.
Ivor Hill is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-09-2010, 04:01 PM   #42 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default fm

yep it is. .... i may end up restoring back to default and setting back up from there. maybe this will fix the problem?

copterx 450 ae v2(agusta 109a fuselage)

http://rcfriends.createforum.com
Hawk_Sport is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-09-2010, 04:05 PM   #43 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
yep it is. and when sticks moved servos work in right directions. . the only problem is the tilt. i move the heli side to side and the tilt just is not there. same as forward and backwards.
On mine the tilt happens but not as exaggerated as the pic on the instructions indicate, it is subtle but noticable. So are you saying that yours does not move at all and is just sitting there rock solid?
Old 09-09-2010, 04:24 PM   #44 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default fm

this is what it looks like. however after reseting to default(factory settings) and resetting everything it looks like i may have slight movement on tilt. but not very noticable at all.

Old 09-09-2010, 04:28 PM   #45 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
this is what it looks like. however after reseting to default(factory settings) and resetting everything it looks like i may have slight movement on tilt. but not very noticable at all.
This is exactly like mine! Very subtle, it moves maybe an 1/8th of an inch in total tilt during heli movement from front to back and side to side. I just took it that maybe this is all it does? Is there another programming feature that unlocks/enables more movement?
Old 09-09-2010, 04:33 PM   #46 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default fm

this i do not know. it is a good question for sure. maybe ivor can help us on this one... hes a good guy and well knowleadged in this stab unit.

Old 09-09-2010, 04:42 PM   #47 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
this i do not know. it is a good question for sure. maybe ivor can help us on this one... hes a good guy and well knowleadged in this stab unit.
No I have to disagree about Ivor,,,,he is not just well Knowledgeable in this stability unit. HE IS DA MAN!!!!!! LOL
Yes we are inviting you to speak oh all knowing master!
Or anyone else that knows anything.
The truth is that I have learned more from following this forum than reading the spec setup, it makes complete sense after reading the info you guys post back up though.
Old 09-09-2010, 04:47 PM   #48 (permalink)
Registered Users

With the default gain setting of 70 the swash will tip about 25 degrees. If the gain is reduced the amount the amount the swash will reduce. Check that the gain setting on the advance page is set to + 70.
Old 09-09-2010, 04:55 PM   #49 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default fm.

will check this now. just gotta goto laptop and do this up again .lol. i must say tho, this is one unit i think once its setup proper that i may end up getting another one. lol. maybe. also in the manual it says blue and green wires... are they to be hooked up as well for this unit to actually use everything? ie ccd ?

Old 09-09-2010, 04:59 PM   #50 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
will check this now. just gotta goto laptop and do this up again .lol. i must say tho, this is one unit i think once its setup proper that i may end up getting another one. lol. maybe. also in the manual it says blue and green wires... are they to be hooked up as well for this unit to actually use everything? ie ccd ?
For now do not connect the green and blue wires.
Old 09-09-2010, 05:00 PM   #51 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default fm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivor Hill View Post
With the default gain setting of 70 the swash will tip about 25 degrees. If the gain is reduced the amount the amount the swash will reduce. Check that the gain setting on the advance page is set to + 70.
you mean the balancer gain in advance settings? mine says 70 .....

Old 09-09-2010, 05:02 PM   #52 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
For now do not connect the green and blue wires.
Yes, don't do this! All of the previous info he has posted says wait until later after the intial setup is done and then we can go back and play with these wires if we then choose to use that way of interfacing with our TX computer.
Old 09-09-2010, 05:05 PM   #53 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default fm

ok i did the +70 and now i have tilt. . i still have to level my swash again but it works... thank you. now is there anymore i need to do to this or am i good to go on the programing?

Old 09-09-2010, 05:18 PM   #54 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
ok i did the +70 and now i have tilt. . i still have to level my swash again but it works... thank you. now is there anymore i need to do to this or am i good to go on the programing?
Oddly when I reintialized my heli just now to hook up my field programmer and follow along, it now moves almost 1/4 an inch in 3 directions. But my forward tilt seems like it is only half of this. I am now wondering if my initial swash was leveled correctly, this mirrors your concern earlier Ivor about my initializing FM before the basics were secure, I would have sworn on the Holly bibble that I had it correct. Hmmmm.
By the way, Nice job Hawk!!!!!!
Also I believe that we can set the swash level in our swash neutral setting site, I put mine at a forward 30 deg just to see and it levelled forward as soon as I hit my enter function. I also set my blade pitch, but have since zero'd it. Now how do I simply address my blade pitch so that FM can read my throttle position?

Last edited by Luvmyhelis; 09-09-2010 at 05:29 PM.. Reason: spelling
Luvmyhelis is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-09-2010, 05:30 PM   #55 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvmyhelis View Post
Oddly when I reintialized my heli just now to hook up my field programmer and follow along, it now moves almost 1/4 an inch in 3 directions. But my forward tilt seems like it is only half of this. I am now wondering if my initial swash was leveled correctly, this mirrors your concern earlier Ivor about my initializing FM before the basics were secure, I would have sworn on the Holly bibble that I had it correct. Hmmmm.
The swash moves less for elevator than for aileron.
Old 09-09-2010, 05:30 PM   #56 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default fm

the way i was doin the initial hookup to program it was, plug in the usb, start helibal, plug into the controller, then i would power on the heli. well i did this ass backwards. i was supposed to plug in the usb run the program, power up the heli, wait for controller to initialize,wait for green flashing led then plug the usb into controller. . i think this was the problem to do without tilt?

Old 09-09-2010, 05:33 PM   #57 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default fm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvmyhelis View Post
Also I believe that we can set the swash level in our swash neutral setting site, I put mine at a forward 30 deg just to see and it levelled forward as soon as I hit my enter function. I also set my blade pitch, but have since zero'd it. Now how do I simply address my blade pitch so that FM can read my throttle position?

i believe that fm does not deal with the throttle position. as far as i know the swash should be level at half stick. servos should be 90 degrees at half stick. then you play with the pitch off the links.... if i am correct. although on my heli i am running a scale 4 blade head.

p.s luvmyhelis. i sent you a pm.....

Old 09-09-2010, 05:35 PM   #58 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
The swash moves less for elevator than for aileron.
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!
I dont know if you can see, but the light bulb just lit up and there are little tiny angels singing all around me in joyous harmony!

Old 09-09-2010, 05:46 PM   #59 (permalink)
Registered Users

Provided you have set your transmitter as instucted,no trim,subtrim and 100% endpoints, travel you now need to set a linier pitch curves on your TX 0-25-50-75-100.
Go to the advance page, software or programmer and set the gain value to 0, this will turn FM off and you will see the LED turn red.
Set your throttle stick midway 50% now look at the heli from the side and use the elevator neutral to level the swash.
Look at the heli from the front and use the aileron neutral to level the swash.
Now fit a pitch gauge and use pitch neutral to set 0 pitch, the servo arms should now be 90 degrees.
Now use pitch travel to set your pitch range, stick max and min normally + and - 10 or 11 degrees.
Your swash should now be set as it was before you fitted FM.
Go back to advance page and set the gain back to + 70.
Old 09-09-2010, 05:48 PM   #60 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default FM

Flymentor is not designed for FBL

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in