Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopters > R/C Helicopter Event Forum

R/C Helicopter Event Forum Please add your events to this forum so people know where the action is

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-14-2014, 12:02 PM   #41 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob O View Post
You can't do everything all of the time, Will. Things will turn around for you.

Sent via phone

+1

I never knew who the founder of the HF fourn was, that is probaly because he was quietly chainging Radio controlled craft through this fourm.Weather it was giving the industery the chance to plug there latest and greatest achivement or a teenager having a problem with a xmass present Heli Freek is there.

Whether it is Ecomerce ,China,the enonmy or what ever we need HELI FREEK and we need it to suport its self! I would of given up years ago if i have not met the people of HF

It seems the members of HeliFreek need to help finance the things we love instead of the industry.fads change but we the pilots for the pilots can make sure Heilfreek grows and continues

I would be willing to pay a small monthly fee to ensure the survivial of HF and fun flys.

It could be a free under the age of 18 for teens and 6 months free for any one who signs up

IM not a club member i dont know how they operate but Misses Will should be nagging him to take out the trash and mow the lawn not AIR FARE AND HOTEL COST

just my thoughts boyz

ps mabey a PP adress for will to take the misses on a mini vacation for putting up with helifreek and us freekers !!

Kayak
kayakboy69 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-14-2014, 01:43 PM   #42 (permalink)

My HF Map location

tonywhiteside7@gmail.com
Old 08-14-2014, 04:37 PM   #43 (permalink)
HF Support

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Just a little update. I've spent the past 2+ hours on the phone with Will, Tony and the Ash Creek club president. We're working on a solution and as of this writing, we're a go for the event.

As a personal note, I would like to extend *MY* personal thanks to all of you who are donating to help make this happen. It's nice to see the community giving back to Will after all he's done for the community. My hat it off to all of you!

No helicopters were harmed in the creation of this post.
AMA CD # 7309, Turbine Waiver# RW 890
Click Here For Bergen Intrepid Turbine Build Videos
Skiddz is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-14-2014, 06:08 PM   #44 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Hey guys, happy to have donated, still need to figure out, whether or not I can take that long on the plane though Hopefully see you there.

AMA#1058309
Mon_t is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-14-2014, 07:59 PM   #45 (permalink)
Registered Users

sweet, right on skiddz we need you guys out here at this fun fly, you guys set the tone from last year...just wouldnt be the same with you guys not being here
Old 08-14-2014, 09:57 PM   #46 (permalink)
HF Support

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lozki View Post
sweet, right on skiddz we need you guys out here at this fun fly, you guys set the tone from last year...just wouldnt be the same with you guys not being here
Well, not to put too fine a point on it, it won't be a Helifreak event without Will being there. It's his brand, his "baby"...

We'll continue to do what we can to make it happen and today was a positive step towards doing so.

I think there was a bit of a misunderstanding between HF and the folks from Ash Creek who busted their ass for us last year. As had been said multiple times in last year's event thread after the fun fly was over, the 40+ volunteers from the club flat busted their asses to make sure we had a good event. Palomar definitely treated us pretty good, but Ash Creek stepped it up a couple of notches and from what I've heard, they're ready to do it again for us.

Hopefully, the phone calls today got that misunderstanding behind us and we can move forward and hold another bad-ass event.

[Teaser] A little birdy told me there will be live music again this year.... [/Teaser]

Old 08-14-2014, 10:06 PM   #47 (permalink)
Registered Users

Just sent a donation. let's get this awesome event up again this year!
Old 08-14-2014, 11:15 PM   #48 (permalink)
Registered Users

Would someone with more skills than me be able to make a flyer? I am part of Anderson chamber of commerce and could have all the local business' distribute them, get more spectators. I can try and make a flyer but it ain't gunna be pretty
Andersonsmog is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-15-2014, 01:04 AM   #49 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andersonsmog View Post
Would someone with more skills than me be able to make a flyer? I am part of Anderson chamber of commerce and could have all the local business' distribute them, get more spectators. I can try and make a flyer but it ain't gunna be pretty
My wife (her unofficial handle is CC-nofly) is really good at flyers. She makes them for her company's numerous events. If someone sends me the relevant graphics files and some desired content, she can take a stab at it. CC was at last year's event and will be with me again at this year's.
Old 08-15-2014, 04:10 PM   #50 (permalink)

My HF Map location

If you need the HF or Ash Creek logo for the flyers let me know an email address for the HF logo and I am sure one of the Ash creek guys will send you theirs.
Old 08-15-2014, 04:53 PM   #51 (permalink)
HF Support

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhodesengr View Post
My wife (her unofficial handle is CC-nofly) is really good at flyers. She makes them for her company's numerous events. If someone sends me the relevant graphics files and some desired content, she can take a stab at it. CC was at last year's event and will be with me again at this year's.
Might she be interested in running up some shirt art for us??? Does she work for cookies? (LOL)

Old 08-15-2014, 05:13 PM   #52 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skiddz View Post
Might she be interested in running up some shirt art for us??? Does she work for cookies? (LOL)
She made me some shirts for Rotorfest this year. They came out really good. She used someone local to produce the shirts. I gave her the graphics files and roughly where where I wanted them and then she got them made. So same as with the flyer, if you provide the graphics and some idea of the design she can get them made.
Old 08-15-2014, 05:32 PM   #53 (permalink)

My HF Map location

OK guys just spoke to Curtis and Kevin. Thank you very much for offering to do a flyer. Curtis actually has a flyer but we collectively decided to hold off distributing it until we get some idea of the number of pilots we have attending. Parking and the site layout is dependent on the number of pilots and we do not want the spectators making it hard for the pilots to locate setup move around etc.

We will know closer to the event the logistics of the site layout and how many spectators we can handle based on the pilots. Thank you again for offering guys. We will follow up on this closer to the event.
Old 08-15-2014, 06:10 PM   #54 (permalink)
Registered Users

Would it be beneficial to register now so that you know how many pilots are attending?

Team Blue Collar "Footin' the bill since 2012" Sent from my S5 using tapatalk.

Last edited by jessdigs; 08-16-2014 at 11:19 AM..
jessdigs is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-15-2014, 06:44 PM   #55 (permalink)

My HF Map location

Definitely. We are working on a preregistration page that is in some stage of getting finished. I need to get with Ash Creek to see what PP address they use for it. I will get on it again in the AM. Thank you for bringing this up.
Old 08-20-2014, 08:59 PM   #56 (permalink)
The man behind CHC

Default 6th Annual Helifreak Fun Fly - October 9-12, 2014 Anderson, CA

Thank you so much guys! I'm coming to Cali !!!!!!!!! Woot woot!! Love it love it!!

Last edited by tony whiteside; 08-20-2014 at 10:16 PM.. Reason: typo
tony whiteside is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-25-2014, 10:44 PM   #57 (permalink)
Registered Users

Great to hear Tony.
Lanman is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-25-2014, 10:49 PM   #58 (permalink)
Registered Users

I am really looking forward to this one!
Old 08-25-2014, 11:13 PM   #59 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

and don't ever change the date to this part of August. Turns out the Burning Man Festival is this week and drives the motorhome rental market. It is like 6 times more expensive this week than in October.
Old 08-25-2014, 11:15 PM   #60 (permalink)
Registered Users

Some motorhome rental companies will not let you take their rv to burning man. I guess they come back thrashed

Team Blue Collar "Footin' the bill since 2012" Sent from my S5 using tapatalk.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in