Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Antique Out of Production and Vintage Helicopters > NextD - Rave 450 and 90

NextD - Rave 450 and 90 CJY Rave 450 and 90 Helicopter Kit - ND-YR-K001

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-10-2015, 07:56 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Need to scratch the itch...

After owning 3 Rave 450's now and not getting to really fly any of them, I still keep coming back to them. Every time I get one I get buyers remorse and sell it due to the complete lack of support in the UK. But I've decided I can always have it as a 'Sunday best' 450 and not treat it like a basher. So I'm this time going to not only get my hands on one, but I'll fly it too

So I bid on a cheap airframe on ebay and won. Sadly it's turned up a complete mess, and isn't in a state where it can be put back in the air without spending a significant chunk on parts. So I'm hunting another one down and use this one for spares.

I'm going to run 6s as I can then share packs with my Chase 360, and if memory serves me correct that means you need a 2000kv motor to keep the HS correct?
PeteStewardson is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-11-2015, 03:25 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quick wanted add on a local forum and I now have another Rave 450 winging it's way to me.

Still a FB tough so I'll need to get hold of a FBL head for it to convert over. I have a set of new Radix 350 blades to go on it and the Carbon Radix tails as well that I've never used. If I can find pinions for 3.5mm motor shafts I might run it with a HW 50a and a Scorpion 2520 motor which should do the trick
Old 03-11-2015, 06:52 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

So before work I couldn't resist taking the Rave 450 out for it's maiden flight.

Specs are

Rave 450 FBL, Radix 350mm mains, KBDD 62mm tails, Savox cyclics, Futaba tail servo, HW Platinum v3 50a ESC, Scorpion motor, vbar, 6s 1300mah Haiyin packs.

What can I say...

Just perfect, smooth, controlled, awesome stuff. Headspeed at about 3000rpm I think but I'm only running flat throttle curves not the governor yet ( will swap to the vbar governor for the next outing. )

Sadly on the second flight I stripped the tail gear whilst pirouetting. Managed to auto it down though and no other damage. On closer inspection it looks like I'd got the gear mesh wrong on the tail and stripped the gear. I know these need to be perfect so should have been more careful here. Will swap that out at home tonight.

On the whole though, have to say it's just fantastic.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in