Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Antique Out of Production and Vintage Helicopters > NextD - Rave 450 and 90

NextD - Rave 450 and 90 CJY Rave 450 and 90 Helicopter Kit - ND-YR-K001

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-06-2014, 06:08 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default Absolutely LOVING Nitro!!!

This thread is so quiet, I thought I'd spice it up a bit. Everybody is out FLYING their Rave's, rather than having issues and posting them on the forum.

I just converted mine to nitro, as some people on the freak know already. It's AMAZING

I've always loved my ENV. It's been electric for 2 years now, and powered by a 4525 limited. So, it's always had tons of balls. Been an amazing machine since day 1.

However, it's a WHOLE NEW beast on nitro. It's so much lighter, right about 10lbs, maybe 10.5 fully fueled. Then when the tank runs lower, it goes below 10lbs. Electric, it was weighing in at a tubby 12lbs. What a difference.

It feels like the ENV was born and bred to run nitro. It flies great on electric, but it lives and breathes on nitro. I can't describe it, but it's like the heli is perfectly at home with an IC engine.

I even have just a piddly little ys91sr in it. Not the newest and greatest, not by a longshot. It's still a monster. I keep the motor nice and rich, because that's what YS's like, and it hauls huge ass. Comes down nice and cool.
2000rpm, I get a solid 8-9 minutes of great 3d. 1700rpm, I can cruise around for over 12 minutes.

Screw electric. My ENV is NEVER GOING BACK!!

YS Powered Rave ENV Stretch Protos 500, Stretch Mini Protos, 180 Trio
gitbse is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-06-2014, 06:24 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

That sounds great that you are enjoying your Nitro ENV.

The only thing I would say is remember to change your fuel tubing in the tank at least once a season. Also watch the plastic links for wear sooner.
There is a slightly different maintance with nitro.

Enjoy
mystar60 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-07-2014, 12:39 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

That is good to hear gitbse. I fly with a nitro guy and he is always making fun of the lack of noise when I fly. lol

mpshep converted his ENV to electric and is thinking of going back to nitro because of the long flight times. He had a header tank and was 10+ minuet flights. Never flew nitro but a nitro machine may be my next big heli purchase.

Synergy E6/7 Torque Tube, Logo 690SX, Rave 635, Protos Max V2
Jeffwrecks is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-07-2014, 08:03 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

I'll post a video when I get a chance, and somebody to fly with. I'm moving soon and will be much more involved with RC soon, so I'll have a good video to show.

YS Powered Rave ENV Stretch Protos 500, Stretch Mini Protos, 180 Trio
gitbse is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-13-2014, 07:19 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Glad to hear you are enjoying your ENV. I know I love mine. Its not my fastest heli but it just seems to fly the best. I also love being able to take it up repeatedly when no one else is at the field. I get 7 minute flights with and OS91 Speed at 2050 head speed. Maybe I'll strap on a header and lower the head to 2K. That should buy me a minute or two more. I almost hate flying my Goblin cause of the 4:30 minute flight time. My next build is definitely gonna be another nitro. Wish CY had something new coming out. I'm considering NX7 at this point.
Old 08-14-2014, 07:20 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

I had a YS91SR in my Blitz Avro when I first got it and that was the smoothest engine I have ever owned and the power was very good.

These days I fly mainly electric but still have a Knight 3D and Robbe Dyna-X nitro and still like them a lot. I can fly for 8 minutes flat-out with the Knight.
HD Cell 750, RJX Vector, TDR, TDSF, Kasama Dune and Faifa, Minicopter Triabolo 700, Beam Avantgarde, JR E8 leggero, Suzi Laos, Shape 9, Shape S8, Rave 450, TRex 500, Raptor E700, Compass Warp, Steam 700, Spirit, Spartan, Jeti.
trillian is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in