Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > 300X

300X Blade 300X Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-23-2013, 05:57 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default I THANK I AM READY TO ATTEMPT FIRST INVERT; NEED ADVICE

I AM READY TO ATTEMPT MY FIRST INVERT. DO YOU RECOMMEND FORWARD OR BACKWARD FLIP. WHAT ELSE DO YOU ADVICE? I AM USING DX6I STOCK SETTINGS.

THANKS ALL!
5.0 MUSTANG is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-23-2013, 06:00 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Make sure you are on idle up before inverting lol. What direction to flip does not matter as long as you are comfortable because you will learn how to flip both directions. I happened to find back flip was easier but can do both now.

Good luck and happy flying. First invert is always memorable so make sure to video tape it
Old 04-23-2013, 06:07 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

when I did my first one I rolled it sidways tail in, I am just more comfortable that way, but then again I did it on the sim like a million times first. and make sure your up high enough incase you run into trouble. If your not comfortable doing flips or rolls then get used to them first I say. and like nartac says MAKE SURE YOUR IN STUNT MODE. and I know this is not the place to say it but I love 5.0 mustangs. just had to put that out there, lol.
Jakethesnake is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-23-2013, 06:10 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

When I first started doing forward and back flips, I found it easier to do them side-in, as opposed to tail-in. The reason being that if your collective management is off, you don't end up with the helicopter flying towards you.
Futaba 14SG / AMA# 959345 / IRCHA #3954
aramb is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-23-2013, 06:31 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by aramb View Post
When I first started doing forward and back flips, I found it easier to do them side-in, as opposed to tail-in. The reason being that if your collective management is off, you don't end up with the helicopter flying towards you.
+1
This I do all of my flips side to side. Never at me I don't want a out of control bird flying at me.

I'm still learning, for hovering I like to hover tail in go up pretty high and roll right and then hover inverted tail in...im still working on the other directions. Of course I just gave my 300x a dirt nap today lol so I need more sim and 130x practice haha.

Actually I followed FreddyCanFly's youtube advice and it worked awesome in the Sim and in Real life.
Rc-Heli flight lesson 4... Intro to inverted flying (freddys flight academy) (10 min 31 sec)
Old 04-23-2013, 07:15 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Like they stated make sure you are in Idle up mode and have enough height to correct if you need to. Enjoy the adrenaline rush and sweaty palms. I am not a great pilot but I still get nervous when I go inverted. Have fun.
Old 04-23-2013, 07:41 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

What helicopter are you planning on doing your first inverted maneuvers with? I noticed over on the 130x forum you posted the same question. If I were you I'd do it with the 130x. For lots of reasons but mainly in the situation that there is some sort of failure you'll probably take less damage.
Weare138 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-23-2013, 08:01 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

I HAVE BOTH 130X AND 300X. I WILL TAKE YOUR ADVICE AND ATTEMPT IT WITH THE 130X FIRST.

THANKS ALL FOR THE HELP. FLY SAFE.
5.0 MUSTANG is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in