Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > YGE

YGE YGE ESC Support and Discussion

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-17-2011, 09:29 PM   #41 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I understand it isn't a Jive. I have the v-bar gov on my other Logo with a HW 70hv. I was just saying that the progcard could be a lot better. It doesn't seem to give positive feed back on what you have or have not programmed.

Anyway, I switched it to 2% start, Heli Middle + Plane Middle for now. That seems to start nicely. I'll have to wait till this weekend to see how it performs and flys.
prototype3a is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-17-2011, 09:40 PM   #42 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

I usually scroll back though the menu's to verify that the settings took.
Just be sure to take your program card to the field so when the gov sux you can fix it.

Synergy N5C sitting in Box...
Mystic3D is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-17-2011, 10:46 PM   #43 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Talked to a few other people and it seems that one source of many of my problems is that the "Stop / Full Throttle" interface and "Collective controls Throttle" are broken on the Mini-V.

I did some testing and found that no matter where the sliders are or whether or not I have collective control enabled. My throttle channel still controls the ESC.
Old 11-17-2011, 10:59 PM   #44 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by prototype3a View Post
Talked to a few other people and it seems that one source of many of my problems is that the "Stop / Full Throttle" interface and "Collective controls Throttle" are broken on the Mini-V.

I did some testing and found that no matter where the sliders are or whether or not I have collective control enabled. My throttle channel still controls the ESC.
That's a tough one as Motor Stop is critical to getting a smooth spool up.

The only thing I can think of is:

1. Program the ESC Endpoints with Gov Disabled, making sure throttle channel in VBar is -100/100 in VBar. Then use YGE Program Card to set endpoints low and high.

2. Enable Gov.
3. Then you should on JR start with Gov Motor Stop around -94(Similar motor to mine)
4. Then adjust Gov Motor Stop on bench(No Blades). Put at mid stick with throttle hold on. When you take off throttle hold there should be NO Delay before motor starts.
You want to be on the edge of this, so go to where there is delay then go up(Positive)
untill there is no delay.

Motor Full: Not sure how to solve this one. The downside to leaving at 100 is the Gov will not work properly. it will keep giving throttle when there is no more power.

Old 11-17-2011, 11:37 PM   #45 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

As best I can tell, it doesn't matter where the stop/start sliders are at. It appears that the whole interface may be broken on the Mini-V. I have to wonder how this managed to slip by the software testers.
Old 11-18-2011, 01:47 AM   #46 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I'm experiencing the same behaviors with the sliders, I just guessed at 94 and it works.
My spool up is fine and the gov seems to be working well, cheers for the write up.
Now it's just time to start dialing everything in.
Spektrum DX8
Inverse is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-18-2011, 07:31 AM   #47 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I posted a thread in the V-bar forum. Hopefully, we can get some help from Mr. Mel or another user with close ties to Mikado.

https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=357698
Old 11-18-2011, 07:59 AM   #48 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
I posted a thread in the V-bar forum. Hopefully, we can get some help from Mr. Mel or another user with close ties to Mikado.

https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=357698
It's been out too long, if it was broken it would have surfaced already.

Old 11-21-2011, 08:43 AM   #49 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:

I found the exact same thing to happen.
Clarence Creer is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-21-2011, 12:08 PM   #50 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fly X Cell View Post
I found the exact same thing to happen.
Reset Gov was the solution in the other thread

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 11-22-2011, 11:19 AM   #51 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Yup. The "Reset" button fixed my gov calibration problems. I set it to 94/94.

I also found that any time you're using the progcard the throttle lead on the esc must not be plugged into anything or it will behave very strangely. I don't know why and I don't remember seeing this in the manual but that seems to be the way it is.

Anywho. Heli Middle + Plane Fast and 2% start power seems to be working very well on my Logo. I think I settled on a gov gain of 30. As a whole, it is flying very nicely, esc is running cool and the drive train sounds great. I did bump up the collective dynamic to make it a smidge more poppy. It also appears that I will be able to get longer flights with this setup. I should be able to bump my timer up from 7:30 to 8:00 or 8:15. I suspect this is a result of flying at 2100rpm vs 2150 but getting the same pop since the gov is working that little bit better.
Old 11-25-2011, 02:18 PM   #52 (permalink)
Registered Users

In the excellent setup instructions in the beginning of t his thread It talks about the governor setup ESC Calibration:

XVIII. Calibrate vbar governor
1. Turn on collective control
2. Raise motor on slider and note value
3. now put that value -12 in motor off

The instructions say to subtract 5. Why was 12 chosen as the number to subtract? Is this number (-12) somehow better for the YGE 120HV?

Also, it looks like the part about calibrating the max throttle is missing from these instructions. Are we supposed to skip this step for the YGE 120 HV? ( I completed this step on mine and all was ok in 6 test flights)

I just setup mine on a logo 600SE and I am very happy with the way it works. ESC Temp 97 ( ambient temp 65) inside ESC shrink wrap covering at the heat sink.
taosgraveyard is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-25-2011, 11:10 PM   #53 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by taosgraveyard View Post
In the excellent setup instructions in the beginning of t his thread It talks about the governor setup ESC Calibration:

XVIII. Calibrate vbar governor
1. Turn on collective control
2. Raise motor on slider and note value
3. now put that value -12 in motor off

The instructions say to subtract 5. Why was 12 chosen as the number to subtract? Is this number (-12) somehow better for the YGE 120HV?

Also, it looks like the part about calibrating the max throttle is missing from these instructions. Are we supposed to skip this step for the YGE 120 HV? ( I completed this step on mine and all was ok in 6 test flights)

I just setup mine on a logo 600SE and I am very happy with the way it works. ESC Temp 97 ( ambient temp 65) inside ESC shrink wrap covering at the heat sink.
The important part is when you get to the part where you go in and out of throttle hold on the bench where there is no delay. The number i choose is arbitrary but was closest to this point. However I would think each motor is going to be different,

So no magic here.

Old 11-26-2011, 12:10 AM   #54 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
The new (ver "23&quot YGE hv (90hv, 120hv, 160hv and possibly the 60hv) escs can communicate rpm data to the v-bar through the programming lead when that adapter is used.
How can you tell what ver it is? I have a 90HV that I got maybe three months ago..
Old 11-26-2011, 06:47 PM   #55 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

My 90hvs (v-bar friendly) didn't have any distinguishing marks on them... My guess is to do the special v-bar progcard dance and see if it makes the funny confirm beeps.
Old 12-01-2011, 09:17 PM   #56 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Yup. The "Reset" button fixed my gov calibration problems. I set it to 94/94.

I also found that any time you're using the progcard the throttle lead on the esc must not be plugged into anything or it will behave very strangely. I don't know why and I don't remember seeing this in the manual but that seems to be the way it is.

Anywho. Heli Middle + Plane Fast and 2% start power seems to be working very well on my Logo. I think I settled on a gov gain of 30. As a whole, it is flying very nicely, esc is running cool and the drive train sounds great. I did bump up the collective dynamic to make it a smidge more poppy. It also appears that I will be able to get longer flights with this setup. I should be able to bump my timer up from 7:30 to 8:00 or 8:15. I suspect this is a result of flying at 2100rpm vs 2150 but getting the same pop since the gov is working that little bit better.
As a safety feature if you are using the Prog card you can not have the long throttle cable plugged into an RX that has power. Even though the card powers you can not program the ESC unless the Throttle cable is unplugged or plugged into something that does not have power. This just prevents the possibility of an accidental spoolup, they take alot measures to prevent this. I have found YGE to be one of the safer ESC's out there when it comes to this. I carry a spare RX with my Prog card and 4.8v nimh to make programming easier. As long as the throttle cable is not plugged in to powered source you can program the YGE off the programming port w/o moving any wires around on your airframe except the programming wire.
Old 12-02-2011, 04:56 PM   #57 (permalink)
Registered Users

I may be missing something simple and this may be a stupid question, but what are you guys talking about when your saying 'plane fastX3'? Isn't there only one selection on the ProgCard for 'plane fast'?
Old 12-02-2011, 05:29 PM   #58 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

X3 means times three. You select it 3 times in a row. It's part of the secret handshake to tell the ESC we want the v-bar gov mode.
Old 12-02-2011, 05:39 PM   #59 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoti333 View Post
I may be missing something simple and this may be a stupid question, but what are you guys talking about when your saying 'plane fastX3'? Isn't there only one selection on the ProgCard for 'plane fast'?
If you have a new version with Vbar support. Then when you program it like in instructions above. You press plane fast 3 times

Old 12-02-2011, 05:41 PM   #60 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
X3 means times three. You select it 3 times in a row. It's part of the secret handshake to tell the ESC we want the v-bar gov mode.
Are you serious? Seems impractical.. So, 'plane fast+plane fast' is just plane fast selected twice in a row?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in