Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Electric Micro/Mini Helicopters > X400 and MX400

X400 and MX400 Ark X400 and HeliMax MX400 Helicopters Information

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-10-2007, 03:22 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default MX400 Swashplate, help please.

Hi there, Im newb to this kind of heli, (I had a CCP).
There is my problem, I cant figure out how to setup my linkages from servos to swashplate IF all the 3 servos (elevation, aileron, pitch) move at the same time... ex: with throttle up, the plate supose to raise at flat level right ? mine wont...
Im using a Futaba 6EXHP radio,
and I feel stupid to ask such a question, but I really need help please.
despoiler is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-10-2007, 04:34 AM   #2 (permalink)
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Sorry, I mean a Blade CPP instead of CCP...
Old 07-10-2007, 11:08 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

First, make sure all you links are the correct lengths and the swashplate is perfectly level to the frame, while the radio's trims are centered and sub-trims are zeroed out. Also make sure the servo arms are as close to perfectly horizontal as you can get them.

Are all the servos moving the swash in the correct direction? If they are, the you'll need to reduce the endpoints of the servos that move farthest.

If your servos are moving in different directions, you'll need to go into your swash mix and change the offending throw to a number opposite of what it is now. For instance, if your pitch servo moves the wsrong way when you move the throttle, go into the swash menu under pitch. If the number is, say +50, change it to -50.

This is assuming the servos are moving in the correct direction for cyclic. If that same servos is reversed in cyclic too, simply reverse that servo.

Incidentally, I tried setting up my MX with that Futaba radio / receiver / servo set for several days before I gave up. I switched to a Spektrum DX7 and HiTec HS56 servos and had it dialed in and flying that afternoon. Since then, the radio has been collecting dust.
jeffk is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-10-2007, 01:35 PM   #4 (permalink)
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Thank you very much for this reply :)

I guess Ive just spent 200$ in a crappy radio.....
Old 07-31-2007, 05:03 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

is this a stock mx400 ??? is it eccpm or mccpm i guess is what im getting at ! if its mccpm to make the servo's move right you should only have to go into the reversing menu on your radio to get them to move right ! if its eccpm or direct to swash you would have to follow jeffk's instruction's

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in