Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Gaui Helicopters > NX4

NX4 Discussion and support of the Gaui NX4 Nitro Helicopter

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-23-2014, 07:50 PM   #201 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Integrity Handywork View Post
Since this upgrade is modeled after the X7 tail assembly. The thing that makes me laugh is that I can add all the same parts to my shopping cart for my X7 that come in that new upgrade kit and the X7 parts cost a good bit less than this new upgrade kit that has smaller and lighter parts for a smaller and lighter helicopter. Can't quite figure that one out.
But it's not red !!!!!....
Anyhow I'm with you on this ... Welcome in RC World ... people are buying so why bother !...
Flydynamics is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-24-2014, 10:53 AM   #202 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Especially for a component with known failures. This could of been their little thank you for sticking with the NX4.
vteknical is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-24-2014, 11:04 AM   #203 (permalink)
Registered Users

Looking at post #180 it looks like they made it a lot stronger... has anyone had the thicker one break? that is the one mine came with
michael88997 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-24-2014, 06:28 PM   #204 (permalink)
Registered Users

I've been trying to find that part for months. It is not available on any English speaking site that I am aware of.
Glenn Goodlett is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-25-2014, 10:24 AM   #205 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have ordered the new AC pitch slider from anything heli Sunday.
Old 06-28-2014, 10:50 AM   #206 (permalink)
Registered Users

I went ahead and got the pretty red one. I had to shorten my tail rod by 5 or 6 turns. Seems odd.
Glenn Goodlett is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-28-2014, 11:18 AM   #207 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by shotgun34 View Post
I have ordered the new AC pitch slider from anything heli Sunday.
That must have been some expensive shipping for a tail pitch slider.
Old 06-28-2014, 07:35 PM   #208 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.Millar View Post
That must have been some expensive shipping for a tail pitch slider.
Less expensive than from some Canadian shops !....
Anythingheli had the parts available ... ordered some little other accessories for my 3D and pattern planes too and it was extremely reasonable.
I have checked in a shop in Toronto some parts for a friend, shipping was ridiculously expensive so I ordered the parts my buddy needed in US ..... it was cheaper despite the change and shipping !...
I generaly don't mind paying more if the service is good ... some shops take your money and 5 days later it's shipped .... My forst order ever with Anythingheli and probably not the last one. Ordered shipped less than 4h after payment ... kudos to the service .... As good as a certain RCHeliCanada that I know very well ...
Now if my local helo supplier had it in stock I will have made him work as I never pay shipping ;-) ....
Old 06-28-2014, 08:16 PM   #209 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have heard great things about Dave at Anythingheli.com. I have almost ordered from him several times in the past but when I see that shipping starts at $30.00 I always tapped out.
Anythingheli.com has probably the most Gaui inventory in North America. I am working on getting Jeff to the carry more stock on hand but I guess it doesn't happen over night. Even Empire seems to have a hard time keeping certain parts in stock.
Old 06-29-2014, 12:43 AM   #210 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yeah, I remember Jeff having problem recently to have some NX4 frames .... his crash happened at the wrong time as Empire didn't have them in stock at this time.Jeff is pretty good with Gaui products even if he doesn't have everything of course .... his service to me has always been more than stunning ... nobody can stand the comparison but when I have to order somewhere else I try to pick the second best to me ;-)
Old 07-07-2014, 08:19 AM   #211 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Pitch slider failure = crash!

Gaui upgrades are expensive !

Envoyé de mon iPad en utilisant Tapatalk
RamsesFR is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-25-2014, 04:49 PM   #212 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Gaui crash due to faulty tail slider

Flight #7 tail slider broke. Auto saved most damage, but still looking at $60.00 order (with spares). My X2 did the same thing. Im waiting to hear back from JC.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20140825_162436.jpg
Views:	208
Size:	45.7 KB
ID:	531577  
Blade 360 BL 2 Devil 380 Outrage Fusion 50 Gaui X5,NX4,X2 NX4: Savox sh1250, sh 1257, Ikon, Hatori pipe, OS 37 X5: RJX 0521HV X2:MKS DS 95l Spektrum H3020 7200bx Scorpion HSC MCP X BL NCcraig Flashed TA 915 9t.
DarkMatterBlades.com
ifly_65 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-29-2014, 02:34 PM   #213 (permalink)
Registered Users

I disassembled my new NX4 gasser's pitch slider and destroyed the bushing in the process thinking my old X5 spares would work. Apparently the new brass bushings have a 7mm O.D. vs the old bushing's 6mm O.D.

I guess they are using the new "extra strong" sliders in these kits. http://www.gaui.com.tw/product/x5-se...ch-slider-set/

My question now is where can I get the new bushings or even the full slider? The part numbers I've found are not really stocked anywhere from what I can tell.
Stoats is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-04-2014, 11:56 PM   #214 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Pitch slider failure = crash!

http://www.empirerc.com/gaui-dual-pu...x5-p-8589.html

This is the new formula tail pitch slider, it makes a night and day difference.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 10-02-2014, 09:51 AM   #215 (permalink)
Registered Users

I just received my upgrade Arch type slider yesterday so i haven't been able to fly test it. But i already love it compared to the original just from looks and feel on the bench. Plus ever since i got my X7 and X2, this type of slider has been my preferred.

I've installed at least 4 original CNC tail sliders on my X5 now and only that first one failed on me, and only after like 130 flights. In-fact all the other ones are in one piece but i replaced them after a crash with a tail impact, just to be safe. So I've felt pretty confident using the original CNC sider. But this new one is better either way.
Integrity Handywork is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-18-2014, 12:11 PM   #216 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks Fireblade812 for posting pics showing both the old and new tail sliders. I changed my X5 out also.
Blade 360 BL 2 Devil 380 Outrage Fusion 50 Gaui X5,NX4,X2 NX4: Savox sh1250, sh 1257, Ikon, Hatori pipe, OS 37 X5: RJX 0521HV X2:MKS DS 95l Spektrum H3020 7200bx Scorpion HSC MCP X BL NCcraig Flashed TA 915 9t.
DarkMatterBlades.com
ifly_65 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-18-2014, 10:53 PM   #217 (permalink)
Registered Users

No problem. I have the new tail pitch slider on my NX4 for almost 11 months. So far it`s working flawlessly and I still love flying my NX4.
fireblade812 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-28-2014, 03:08 PM   #218 (permalink)
Registered Users

I just got my nx4 rebuilt with the new upgraded pitch slider. Gonna try it out tomorrow if the weather is better. I really like this bird and hope this taks care of my tail issues so I can move on to flying the crap out of it without worrying that the tail will fail.
Pablochopper is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in