Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > 300X

300X Blade 300X Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-02-2014, 11:09 PM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrbitalGolem View Post
This is interesting - I let everything cool down, connected a fresh battery, and set throttle hold. I then spent the next four minutes moving back and forth between full positive and full negative collective. The elevator servo was lagging significantly at first, but I noticed its speed increasing over the four minutes. By the end, I could barely tell any speed difference between it and the aileron/pitch servos. Do these servos have to be "broken in"?
https://www.helifreak.com/showthread...56#post5954756
DoubleCH is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-05-2014, 02:07 PM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

I fly the hitec 5055mg and the only time I notice they feel slow is trying to do tic tocs it just doesn't seem to be quick tho it may be the lynx blades?? Here's them on my 2213-14 equipped lynx build governed at 3600 rpms

[ame]http://youtu.be/lrz7cNUpIiw[/ame]

I'm going to try the cf blades first then look into the mks ds460 instead.
vtown nick is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-16-2014, 07:22 PM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

The HS-5055mg servos are quite slow compared to the stock servos. Should be more durable though. I use a servo tester to adjust the horns......and avoid turning the servo horns by hand.

HS-5055mg

0.17 sec/60* @ 6 volts

0.20 sec/60* @ 4.8 volts

Eflite DS76

0.09 sec/60* @ 6 volts

0.11 sec/60* @ 4.8 volts
thruster is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-16-2014, 07:49 PM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hey thruster! It's been a little while since I last saw you post in the forums. Everything going ok?

Uriah is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-16-2014, 08:02 PM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtown nick View Post
I fly the hitec 5055mg and the only time I notice they feel slow is trying to do tic tocs it just doesn't seem to be quick tho it may be the lynx blades?? Here's them on my 2213-14 equipped lynx build governed at 3600 rpms

http://youtu.be/lrz7cNUpIiw

I'm going to try the cf blades first then look into the mks ds460 instead.
They are slow - I wasn't impressed. Switched to Spektrum H3020 - much faster and only $7 more each. Case plastic quality is light years better too - no worries that the case will torque itself and seize the gears.
Old 09-17-2014, 08:32 AM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uriah View Post
Hey thruster! It's been a little while since I last saw you post in the forums. Everything going ok?
Uriah, yes everything is fine. Thanks for asking. I have my 300x repaired after my big crash a couple months ago. I still need to setup the BX....which I'll get around to eventually. Been flying airplanes lately.
thruster is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-20-2014, 12:41 PM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrbitalGolem View Post

Had a strange hiccup on battery #9 - it was a hard flight with lots of elevator and aileron tic-tocs, funnels, etc. Ambient temperature was between 84 and 88 degrees F. Near the end of the four-minute flight, I attempted some elevator tic-tocs. I finish one tic-toc with the CFX pointed straight up in the air, and it wouldn't respond to elevator forward. A few seconds later it resumed working and I was able to get the bird level and landed.
Has anyone tried the 5065MG in a CFX?
I put 5065s in my 300x and had the same problem with elevator not responding. I was not as fortunate as you as to have been able to land w/o damage.

Reading around I found out that HiTec servos can be very sensitive to binding under load if there is any torque on the casing. The HiTec servos are slightly larger than the stock servos and my hypothesis is that this is the root cause. I switched back to the stock servos, but don't fly it much anymore anyway since I got my Align 450 Dominator.
ryanha is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-28-2014, 08:22 PM   #28 (permalink)
Registered Users

so i've been going back and forth on the servos...i have stripped my stock ones and need to replace them but can't decide on stock, 5055 or 5065.

the 5055's are almost the same price as stock but are they more durable?

5065's are too expensive

whats the advantage of going with the 5055's?
Parsonsk is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-28-2014, 08:28 PM   #29 (permalink)
Registered Users

Consider Spektrum H3020's. 173 hard 3D flights on mine so far with only one aileron servo failure at flight #86. I suspect that was a fluke. They'll require minor modding - nothing that two minutes with a Dremel can't address.

I also picked up a set of JR DS287MG's for my other 300 CFX. Haven't installed them yet, but JR's 3-year warranty is unmatched and their speed is really good (though torque seems a little low). Their MSRP is crazy high, but I scored three new ones on FleaBay for $75.

5055MG's are too slow for hard 3D. It's really obvious during fast tic-tocs.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in