Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > FMA/Revolectrix Product Support

FMA/Revolectrix Product Support FMA/Revolectrix Factory Product Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-08-2014, 09:03 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default CPII Firmware downgrade possible ??

Hi guys,

I have two 600 Helis, ( basically HK600GT with mostly ALign parts !!) and use a DX7 as my man TX.

Heli #1 has flybar head and AR7200 + CPII and it flies fine. I am most at home with this config flight chacteristics and have recently come back to fly helis again after a 7 month break. I was at a sports flyer level, and had mastered a few flips, loops and rolls and was starting to try more advanced 3d moves, when I had a series of write-off crashes, and went to planks to save money !!

The other has flybarless head and AR7200BX receiver, and whilst if flies ok, I am much too nervous and have had only a handful of flights. I do not feel comfortable flying this heli, as it feels different and I am too scared to try anything more than a slow fly-round.. I cannot fit CPII to this machine because of the AR7200BX.

I have a spare CPII kit, which I originally had before I tried out the AR7200BX. During the last few months, I have upgraded this CPII to the HD version, but had lots of troubles trying to get it to work. I eventually gave up and refitted the standard CPII to my daily flyer.

I would like to convert Heli#2 ( flybarless) back to flybarred ( I have a spare flybar head ) and put standard CPII with AR7200 Rx on ths to make TWO identical helis, so I can get lots more flying time and restart my 3d training and 3d skills.

I my go and move to flybarless later on, but I would like to get both helis to same so I can fly them mre hours.

My big question is, how do I DOWNGRADE the HD firmware to V2.2 prior to the HD module (V2.37 ?) so I can fly them with both the same CPII firmware versions

I only upgraded one of the CPII to the HD version.
chansen1953 is offline        Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-08-2014, 10:04 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

I have just tried to run firmware update on the CPII with the V2.43 firmwar.. I tried to update to 2.04, which is the version prior to HD

I get the following error message in the Firmware updater log..

Starting Firmware Programming on port COM4 0mS 0mS
Send Password 115.2Kbs 437mS 437mS
characters read = 202 63mS 500mS
RX(1) = (112) 0mS 500mS
RX(2) = (112) 0mS 500mS
RX(98) = (112) 0mS 500mS
RX(99) = (112) 0mS 500mS
RX(100) = (80) 0mS 500mS
RX(101) = (32) 0mS 500mS
RX(102) = (32) 0mS 500mS
Bad Product Code Abort = True 0mS 500mS

is there any way to blow away this firmware and re-burn with the V2.04 ??
Old 01-08-2014, 10:36 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I would suggest you contact FMA Direct and make an inquiry ....

I think it can be done but not 100% sure, but if it can they would be your best bet.
Contact Howard and tell him Rich (nightflyr) from HF sent you, he should be able to contact the software engineer

nightflyr is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 01-08-2014, 10:54 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

ok, so I have solved the problem... The CPII HD firmware HAS BEEN REMOVED !! it seems it is possible.. even though the FMA site say you cannot go back... !!

I simply connected the CPII unit up to a battery, put the FIUM#3 onto the ACCS port and used the firmware updated to update from V2.41 back to V2.04.. it took about 3 minutes and several retries , but it seems to have been successful, as it now shows the V2.04 when you connect via the IR port to do a new setup.

The heli seems to be way off in collective/level however, So I will now remove the CPII and perform a complete setup and alignment first, plus a quick test on the LazySusan, to confirm the blade alignment and collective is level.

thanks for listening anyway guys !!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in