Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Thunder Tiger 60/70/90

Thunder Tiger 60/70/90 Raptor 60/70/90 Helicopters

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-17-2008, 12:53 PM   #41 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Altitude does play a major roll in how well your engine performs. have you ever tried to boil water at higher altitudes? It takes a lot longer. With our nitro engines, it is much the same, since you have less oxygen, your fuel doesn't burn as efficiently. I learned years ago with my nitro cars that if your at anything above 5000 feet, you have to lean the fuel mixture to compensate, however, I can't be sure with the heli engines, although I would surmise that it would be much the same. Give it a try (if you haven't) and let me know how it turns out. See Ya.

"Depression is nothing more than anger, without enthusiasm"

Last edited by Badger50; 07-20-2008 at 02:19 PM..
Badger50 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-16-2008, 09:18 PM   #42 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default I did it again!!!!

Well its been a while, but I managed to trash my 2nd New 90 3D. This is the second time I have landed in the "Inverted Full Power Mode" The culprit, Mr. Sunshine. Was coming around on a right banking turn, with the bird coming toward me, I looked up and BAM, lost complete sight of the bird because of the sun. By the time I could figure out the orientation, it was too late. Man these are hard lessons for an old fart to get through his thick head. Oh well, I've already ordered my $700 worth of replacement parts, and I'll get ready for #3. Luckily, all the electronics, engine and pipe were ok. If you want to see picks, just click my avatar, and look at my album. The blue one now looks a lot like the yellow one did Oh well, at least I still have 2 50's to go have fun with tomorrow. Adios Yall.

Old 10-22-2008, 05:08 PM   #43 (permalink)
Registered Users

Badger50 sooooooo sorry!
I always rebuild and fly as soon as i can, or else the bad memory lingers in you r head and scarres your flying.
I`m still wayting for the engine ring and I`ll be back in the air ( it turns out I screwed the piston and rod )
I hope you get it back in the air soon

keep positive
iher is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-22-2008, 09:15 PM   #44 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Thanks for the encouragement iher I have already rebuilt the beast, and she is back up in the air and flying beautifully. It doesn't take long to rebuild...especially when you've had so much practice at it One of these days I'm going to get good at this 3D flying stuff, if I have to crash these things a hundred times to do it. How long ago did you blow your piston? Have you had a long time to wait for parts? Your pretty luck to live in Mexico, as you probably have great flying weather most of the time, so long as you have something to fly Best of luck to you on your rebuild, and with your flying. BTW, did you get your fuel mixture problem with your altitude figured out?

Old 10-23-2008, 12:23 PM   #45 (permalink)
Registered Users

This rebuilt is taking for ever.
I crashed almost 2 months ago. I had all the spares I bought before just for these situations.
It was ready in a week. ( even the machining of the engine port that was bent)
to my surprise, I started the engine and a metalic "clanking " sound made me stop and recheck the engine.
it turns out I F... up the engine in the lean run between the crash and the moment I got there to stop the engine.
so I ordered the replacement piston and rod. after 3 weeks I got my order but the piston didn`t come with the ring.
so I`m still wayting for the part.
It will take a week more.

so now I have to start all over again. 2 gal for breack in and then I will start to ajust the mixture right.
....I`ll let you know. Thanks

yes, we have great weather but getting spares is really a problem.
iher is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-27-2008, 06:56 PM   #46 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Dang iher, where in the hell are you getting parts from, China? Heck if you live in Mexico, and Ron's Heliproz South is in Texas, what the heck takes so long???? That would drive me up a wall to wait that long for parts, Surely there must be a better way.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in