Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopters > R/C Helicopter Event Forum

R/C Helicopter Event Forum Please add your events to this forum so people know where the action is

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-09-2014, 01:59 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Ladson SC Apr 5th and 6th Funfly!!

Ladson Renegade Rotor Club based on the outer skirt of Summerville SC (CharlestonSC) is going to host their first annual Heli Funfly April 5th and 6th 2014!! We havent been open a year yet and we're excited to provide a low key, all about fun event!! Our field is within 5min of too many amentities to list; restaurants, hotels, and 20min from the famed historical Charleston!! I will provide a lot more info in the coming days in regard to hotels and restaurants in the local area of the field.

The event will be held on the 5th and 6th of April but if you would like to camp or bring your camper (currently no water and power hookups) please let us know well in advance so we make accommodations to open the field to you..something we're talking about is if folks want to show up a day or 2 in advance to tour Charleston before the event please contact us.

There will be a raffle but I dont want to disclose a dollar amount until we nail down some contacts that may be able to donate prizes. Being our first Funfly and a club on a small budget, prizes may be limited but again we just started contacting ppl so who knows how large it will get!

Lunch on Saturday will be included in the pilot landing fee

Again we're hoping to keep this event as low stress as possible and just provide a place to fly, socialize, relax like your flying in someones backyard and just have fun!! Rules will be minimal but will not stray from AMA rules of safety and conduct! Current and valid AMA will be required to fly!

Heres the directions from our website..the website is a work in progress but the directions obviously wont change.
http://ladsonrenegaderotorclub.com/Directions.html

I'll have alot more info to come soon in reference to landing fee, hotels and restaurants etc.

Hope to see you guys there!! Please PM me if you would like to attend and also to get a head count of how many we can expect!

Thank you!!
Kevin McGrady
kvnm27 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-09-2014, 08:54 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Just what i was looking for, will be reporting to Charleston on April 1st! Is this a heli club only thing? I seen a fixed wing club nearby?

Tarot 450pro
Gaui Formula X5

Last edited by cbird1; 01-09-2014 at 08:55 PM.. Reason: Punct
cbird1 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-09-2014, 09:09 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hey cbird1 we are a heli only club. Great group of guys and I'm sure I speak for everyone when I see we look forward to seeing you flying with us soon.
cotturj is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-10-2014, 12:34 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

I am in. Live here but would rather camp. I have met many members so I know it will be a blast. An Agile 7.2 would be a great pilot raffle since I am looking to get one this year
Old 01-10-2014, 09:00 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Default Funfly

LOL Bill! I have to agree that WOULD be awesome!

We're currently contacting local and online vendors to see if they are willing to donate. The club is also putting up money to add to the table of prizes...I'm hoping after Today I might be able to shed some light for you guys!!

We look forward to seeing all of you! We're hoping that all of you get in as much flying as you want!!
Old 01-11-2014, 08:15 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks Cotturj, I got a pm from Daniel with a welcome! I cant wait to come check it out.

Chad

Tarot 450pro
Gaui Formula X5
cbird1 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-11-2014, 06:55 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Might have to take a day off work and come down for support. Have a few guys up here I can try to bring down.

Trex 550 DFC Stretched. Neu1907/1H, CC 100ice, AR7200bx, Align servos.
kc8qpu is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-12-2014, 04:59 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default time off

kc8qpu you are more than welcome to join us for the fun fly.....let us know if you need hotel info the field is really close to atleast 3 different hotels.
Tureac83 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-13-2014, 07:22 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks. I won't need a hotel. It will be just a day trip for me. I work weekends but its not a far drive to take off a Saturday and drive down for the day.

Trex 550 DFC Stretched. Neu1907/1H, CC 100ice, AR7200bx, Align servos.
kc8qpu is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-14-2014, 03:37 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Fun Fly

Great! We are on track to have a great fun fly we are getting some response from companies with some donations. We hope to attract out of town heli enthusiats from beginners to advanced level.

Daniel
Old 03-04-2014, 11:31 AM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

I was putting this on my calendar and noticed it's the same weekend as the Flowertown festival as well. Could be another reason (way to swing the better half) to head down - http://www.flowertownfestival.org. Maybe I can coax the family to swinging over and checking the club out
sporadic is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-30-2014, 02:05 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Heli Fun Fly

Check out the field is ready and the raffle prizes are here. For any information call me 843 367 5721.

Daniel T.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20140330_133130.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	112.8 KB
ID:	498873

Name:	20140330_131721.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	104.3 KB
ID:	498874

Name:	20140326_203336.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	97.2 KB
ID:	498875
Old 04-04-2014, 06:59 AM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

One more day!!! Come on down tonight with your night birds and camp with us!! Looking forward to meeting all of you that want to hang out with us!!

Landing fee is $20 and includes lunch on Saturday along with one raffle ticket for the drawing, more raffle tickets will be available for an addtional fee!

Kevin
Old 04-04-2014, 08:41 AM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

40% chance of rain tomorrow. Wife and I are planning to come. What time do ya'll get there in the morning?
copenhagen is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in