Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Century

Century Century Helicopters Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-26-2012, 04:46 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default G20 is finally test flown

I had the chance to get a few flights on my G20 this morning. Sorry for the crappy vids as my wife took some short ones on her phone instead of getting her good canon out. She promised me some better video if the weather allows me to get out in the morning again. Her video's kept getting broke up by phone calls.

Lower muffler bolt came loose at one point later in the day. All tightened up and ready for another test. I have to track down the vibes some more and get the tail to hold better. Open to suggestions on the tail. I am using a quark on it.
Advertisement

Old 12-26-2012, 05:45 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Very nice video! Gotta give your wife a big thank you for standing out int he cold with you.
As for the exhaust bolts, I treated mine like auto header bolts. Let em get hot, tighten, let em get hot, tighten and repeat until the no longer come loose.

Lets see some more videos!

Ted

I always have fun. Some times are more fun than others.
I can't remember half the crap I forgot.
strat1960s is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-26-2012, 10:39 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Awesome I flew mine 2 weeks ago since it has been too windy and snowy. It seems to be a very stable bird. I have not done any loops or anything just flying around have 4 tanks through it
Old 12-26-2012, 11:00 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Right on glad to see it airborn .Keep at it and it will just keep getting stronger as more time get's put on the motor.
Old 12-27-2012, 03:11 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Almost a gallon on it now. I have to increase my cyclic rates as it rolls very slow. A few more tanks and the controls should be where I want them. I am used to my mini titan rolling 180deg in 1 sec. Currently it is taking close to 5 seconds for the G20. Just simple radio adjustments though to get it more agile.

Sent from my HTC One V using Tapatalk 2
Old 12-27-2012, 12:57 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

same crappy quality but a bit longer of a video.

Old 12-27-2012, 01:48 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

that is running pretty strong...
shihan is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-27-2012, 02:24 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yeah I am pretty impressed. I really did not expect the power it has compared to a glow engine. At this point I am very happy I took advantage of the free hwc engine.

Old 12-27-2012, 04:40 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

after flying it what size glo would you compare the power to?
shihan is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-27-2012, 05:02 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have only ever flown electric before. I would say 50 size from flying with an x50 alot though. It is a bit bigger than a x50 though.

Old 12-27-2012, 07:16 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

hey that thing has some pretty snappy cyclic as it is now.
I'm glad your happy cause I love mine but I can't fly in the winter because the cold is to hard on my hands, you see I worked as plumber for a few years in my younger days and we had to work outside in the winter with no gloves on over and over again and now my hands just wont take the cold

but keep at it and have a heli of a time
Lieutenant Dan is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-27-2012, 08:18 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

Looks like that motor is starting to put out some decent power when watching how it responds to your collective inputs without bogging. As for the cyclic, it is kind of hard to see how the cyclic reponse is with the type of maneuvers there.

You can never get any heli of that size to have a cyclic response of a 450 or a 500, simply because of the very high head speeds these smaller helis turn at. But as you tune your Radikal, you will find that, because of its size, it is much easier to see them, so it is much easier to fly then through maneuvers at lower cyclic rates.

Good to see it putting a smile on your face. Many years ago, someone, somewhere coined that as the Century Permagrin.

Last edited by ngin; 12-28-2012 at 11:11 AM.. Reason: spelling
ngin is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-27-2012, 08:57 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lieutenant Dan View Post
hey that thing has some pretty snappy cyclic as it is now.
I'm glad your happy cause I love mine but I can't fly in the winter because the cold is to hard on my hands, you see I worked as plumber for a few years in my younger days and we had to work outside in the winter with no gloves on over and over again and now my hands just wont take the cold

but keep at it and have a heli of a time
I hear you Dan. I too did plumbing for about 6 years. I will be glad when my raydiowarm shows up next week. Right now I use gloves with the finger tips and thumb tips cut out to avoid the sever cramping.
Old 01-14-2013, 10:00 PM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

I don't know how I missed this thread but Congrats on getting your heli in the air !

Those were some great initial test flights ... I think she's a keeper - Yes/No?

Awesome
FR4-Pilot is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-15-2013, 02:54 AM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Re: G20 is finally test flown

Definetly a keeper. Now to get the nerve to play harder with it. It's funny I never really thought about trying stuff on the mini titan but with this one being my first big heli it has only been flown lazy like so far.

Old 01-20-2013, 04:51 PM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

I know what you mean ... probably because we see bigger dollar signs flying around instead of smaller ones
FR4-Pilot is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-20-2013, 11:53 PM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thats true about the bigger birds I started with a 30 then a 50 sized nitro and the dollar signs look much larger with those.

I fly with a friend that is in his first year of flying he hasnt seen my many 2 to 400 dollar crashes with 50 sized helis. He always comments on how I abuse my 130X asking if I hate it and if im trying to crash it. A horrrible crash with that lil heli might cost 30 bux im not very frightened by that.

When my Rad G20 gets here its going to be flown gentle and easy. I am planning to see how fast I can wear out an engine I plan on flying it alot without the abuse to it or my wallet. My smaller cheaper E(MCPX, 130X, 450X) helis will be the ones taking the beatings.
Eleven_Bravo is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-21-2013, 04:41 AM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Re: G20 is finally test flown

Once the heli is dialed in to how I like it to feel I know it will be doing everything my mini titan did. I am no hard core 3D fanatic by any stretch of the imagination but I can't just do lazy flights with a little tic tic, tail slide, piro flip, or funnel thrown in. As I perfect more I am sure it will be pushed more.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in