Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Mikado Logo Helicopters > Mikado Logo 700 Xxtreme

Mikado Logo 700 Xxtreme Mikado Logo 700 Xxtreme Helicopters Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-09-2013, 01:40 PM   #41 (permalink)
NTM
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrainDrain_dx View Post
Having an xxtreme and knowing what I want from a 700, I wouldn't touch the 700 mik with a 10 ft pole. I bought a TT e700 because I think its everything the logo 600 was for the 600 size (weight wise) in a 700 size package. I think the logo 700 is a great helicopter if you throw enough watts at it or bigger blades but at that point a Goblin 770 may be a better option.
Truth !

My prediction for the future, the exxtreme 700 and 800 will be basically redesigned, without calling it a redesign, as that would be admitting that they are less than a smashing success...
NTM is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-09-2013, 02:59 PM   #42 (permalink)
Registered Users

I don't know that I wouldn't call it a success. My estimate is they have sold a TON more 700 kits than they ever planned on. My observation at IRCHA was about three time more Logo 700s than I ever expected to see.

It really isn't fair to compare the 700 and 800. I have stick time on both and even the 800 on 16s. They may have the same head and tail, but they are different flying machines.

Is the 700 heavy? Sure. Is it a stretched 600 like 90% of the other "700s", NO!

Is it a 750??? NO!!!!!!!!!!! It has been said before and I will reiterate it. If you put 750s on the Logo 700, it is like putting 620s on the Logo 500. It will be slow everywhere. If you have 710s on it, it is like running 520s on the Logo 500, there isn't enough blade to bite. Unfortunately we don't have good options for a 730mm blade from one of the reputable companies yet, so we don't know if that solves the balance equation.

On the cyclic, you couldn't ask for more out of the machine. The weight does show up on hard, reversing collective maneuvers though. Take a pound off the machine and it would be perfect in my book. As it sits now, I really like it. It is confidence inspiring and I just love how it flies.
RyanW is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-09-2013, 10:03 PM   #43 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default New Frames from Mikado

Dag I was hell bent on ordering a kit soon but after reading this thread I'm really on the fence about this now lol
wagner112 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-10-2013, 01:44 AM   #44 (permalink)
Registered Users

Again i think you should look at your own desire for a heli, if you expect a light smack machine you will be dissapointed, if you accept its a larger 700, i.ec750, and you are not a smack junky, its a very solid machine, and you will love it. With respect to goblin owners out there i havent seen as much issues on the logo than on goblin, as much as ive searched for reasons to purchase the goblin i found just as many not to. So pick your poison. Be careful not to take one or two bad reports as gospel, you will find it all over for instance on top level machine like tdr gears that strips on one while others last for 100's of flights, etc,etc, since you dont know all the facts rather look at the general picture and do your homework before making your choices, the machine itself is durable and robust and can certainly do everything the pilot can throw at it, but for sure its not perfect but probably more so than many others
Old 08-20-2013, 12:50 AM   #45 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

One thing is for sure charge fly, repeat. You guys know how many helis I built and flew and sold last year? 12, and it was exhausting and dissapointing at same time. Not all were junk, not all flew bad either. But one thing remains same although the 700 is definetely heavier it flies still like a Logo, has the Logo feel.

Ill leave this with one thing, Mikado has a shiny new and large facility to pay off if anyone thinks they're done I can tell you far from it. The next 12 months are going to suprise a few to say the least. I think about days when I owned Logo 14s in reality they were brittle birds but they flew awesome, then the 600 came out still to this day years later not another .50/600 machine comes close really. I of anyone have been critical of the Xtreme design I can tell you this much of what's been said here I don't disagree with however I know where the road is going and I don't think anyone who has some faith with Mikado will be dissapointed with what is coming.

That said hang onto your logos and your panties things are going to get pretty cool for Logo heads out there. Hope everyone's had a good summer so far I don't get on rc forums much anymore. Be well...

Goblins... Yes I have had em all actually. Smack they're neat but trying to keep em together while waiting for them to beef certain areas sometimes is a painfull process. It's obvious they're not a technical flying type machine really and this as well is plain obvious you don't see them competing for a reason.
Old 08-30-2013, 07:05 AM   #46 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

My logo 700 is my favorite heli ever! After flying my 800 for the past year putting nearly 400 flights on it with zero mechanical failures ... I'll endure a little less collective pop than my trex 700 for the incredible reliability. The XX's just keep flying! :-)

Goblin 770 Comp, XXtreme 800, XXtreme 700, Kraken 580, TRex 450 Dominator, GooSky S2, Futaba CGY760's and 32MZ
gadawg58 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-16-2013, 04:43 PM   #47 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

mine came in last week i assembled it didnt maiden it yet but i have been flying logos since forever
anyway mine came in with the new frames its 5750 grams all up weight
hareedy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-07-2014, 11:08 AM   #48 (permalink)
Registered Users

hey man it feels a little heavier holding it but it flys way better than anything ive flown. ive had many aligns, compass 7hv and the gobbler and the mikado imho blows the compass and gobbler out of the air. i will continue with mikado and my runnerup would be align. as far as a heli that feels heavy in the ait well that belongs to the 7hv
dbirds2 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in