Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > nano CP X

nano CP X Blade nano CP X Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-18-2014, 07:28 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default Push gear up like this

In order for the collective to work correctly, the white gear must be pushed up "tight" against the lower bearing in the frame or the main shaft slides up and down in the frame and the pitch of the blades does not change!

Using a Bic pen or other small tube!
Push down on head block with index finger and up on gear from bellow with tube!

WARNING - Be very careful ! Do not push down on blade grips! You will bend feathering shaft inside!

I know the Bic tube is very tight on Nano but it will wiggle in past the landing gear cross members.

Last edited by Imzzaudae; 01-19-2014 at 12:03 AM..
Imzzaudae is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-19-2014, 12:11 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

I could have used this pen method last night. Thanks for the tip
ToddMcF2002 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-20-2014, 12:23 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

If you don't have the Bic pen, you can also remove the landing gear and push up with your fingers, (while pushing down on the head block as Imzzaudae stated above).

Also, to add my favorite "push down" point is to use the 2 swash-to-grip guides. These is the forks where the dogbones go. I like pushing on the fork and not the top of the head because of the danger of bending the feathering shaft.
Blade CX2 stock, & DX8, +some quads + small fixed wings
Guapo131 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-20-2014, 01:25 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location
Default guapo131

We are going to have to come up with a little tool for pushing down on the guides as you stated. Nice idea never thought of it
Ron
Imzzaudae is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-20-2014, 06:44 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'm not a fan of using makeshift tools, since i never seem to have them when i want them. So i propose the "tool-less pushup" - see picture below. This is the method i was referring to in post #3. Of course you would still need to glue the gear in place since that is probably the reason your main gear slipped down in the first place.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2014-01-20 19.36.43a.jpg
Views:	338
Size:	48.9 KB
ID:	480587  
Blade CX2 stock, & DX8, +some quads + small fixed wings
Guapo131 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-02-2014, 12:43 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by guapo131 View Post
I'm not a fan of using makeshift tools, since i never seem to have them when i want them. So i propose the "tool-less pushup" - see picture below. This is the method i was referring to in post #3. Of course you would still need to glue the gear in place since that is probably the reason your main gear slipped down in the first place.
I like that when you do it that way you are putting your hands into a classic Buddhist meditation pose. I had not noticed that before.

Instead of glue I often use a bit of plastic bag. A super thin bag like a grocery bag or the upper film of bubble wrap then stretched till it breaks. I take the now broken edge, stretch it even more with my fingers and lay it over the end of the shaft, and firmly push the gear back into place. Drying time before flight: 0. Friction is adjustable. I almost forgot to mention that you pull the visible plastic all away with tweezers, hemostats or needle-nose if you have any of those convenient.

Variations on the plastic bag trick include putting the bag across the gear, recycling the last one because it is the only plastic at the field by licking it and flattening it out to stick over the gear hole, and stealing a tiny bit of the tape holding your canopy together after last week's adventure to substitute for plastic bag.

Your mileage may vary! I suggesting not using too thick a layer of bag because I would say that popping the gear off of the bottom unloads the shaft and pinion to prevent breakage in the case of your blades coming to a sudden stop. Then again, Lynx sells locking gear sets, and bigger choppers with auto-rotate don't seem designed to have the drive gear loosely glued in place - but hey i'm a software engineer not a mechanical. And rocket scientist is my weekend entertainment with the kids not my calling

KF
Santa Cruz's most reliable source of broken Nano parts!
headless_monkeyman is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-02-2014, 12:52 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

We could start a design for the Jumbo mCPX and the Nano Nano CP X keychain tools.
1) Slides between skids and frame and has a little hole for the shaft for tightening the gear.
2) pusher for getting sticky factory brushless pushed up and out without damaging it or the frame.
3) tiny screwdrivers filed into the corners
4) a hook for reaching between the battery box and the canopy and "helping" older lumpy lipos out of the box
5) little raised points on the flat side so that the hole is also part of a swash plate leveler.
6) coffee maker
Santa Cruz's most reliable source of broken Nano parts!
headless_monkeyman is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-02-2014, 01:23 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

I use the end of the feathering shaft tool that comes with the heli! Works great!
Old 07-02-2014, 07:08 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

This adjustment/fix should be done with it born in mind where your pressure goes.

If you push on the head anywhere, in addition to bending the feathering shaft, there is a risk of splitting the main shaft. This is due to the fact all the pressure you apply is transferred via the head screw (special name?) to the middle of the shaft.

Not alot of pressure is needed. A slipping gear is a good thing after a crash. I imagine it takes part of the force of the crash instead of transferring it elsewhere, however small.

Just push it back up and fly again. I do know this also happens (actually more often) on my mCPX BL. So this tool idea is great with the pen tube.

Nice idea.

obi

Exploring the other side of the disk: Taranis (+OrangeRX). nanoCPX (AD mild-BLv2), mCPX dbl-BL (BLHeli XP-12A/HP10+XP-7A/HP03T-4000KV), Align-AD Trex 150 (BLheli+HP8).
Obijuan Kenobe is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in