Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Antique Out of Production and Vintage Helicopters > Outrage RC

Outrage RC Outrage RC - and XP Li-Po Factory Support Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-21-2011, 08:51 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Cool 9080 bl, 9188 bl servo, 2s direct power size pack

Ok I emailed outrage, and well let's say it sounds like I got a response from someone who never flown a heli before.

All im asking is what size mah 2s lipo for my servos??

They will be powered directly by there own, independent battery
a 2s lipo, using a sk720 power bus

The motor and esc will have there own independent battery(bec disabled)
2950 6s lipo.

There in a 425 gaui cf, flybarless, torque tube tail,

Anybody running a 500 class similar to my setup that can tell me what size mah lipo there using for the servos only???

I think im sending them back to heli direct, outrage customer service is horrible.

3 days to get back to me with a completely diffrent answer than what I asked
fusionsx00 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-22-2011, 11:08 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Sorry that you got a strange answer....I am supposed to be forwarded tech type emails so I can answer them...but this time the person answering you must have thought they understood and could answer your question.

Let's see if I can help. I have this servo combination in a Gaui X5....but using a CC ProBec set to 8v instead of a separate 2s lipo.

But...if you can fit a 2500mAh RX pack that would do fine as even RX packs at 5 to 8C have a enough current capacity to runn the servos...and you should be able to get 4 or maybe even 5 flights from a 2500mAh pack. Another option if limited on space would be going with a 800 or 1000mAh 2S 25C flight pack. The higher C rating will make up for the reduced capacity during peak amp draw from the servos...but...looking at between 2 or 3 flights between charges with that small of a pack.

My recommendation would be to use a CC ProBec and use your main flight pack as your servo power...I know there have been reports of the ProBecs having some issues...but I have 8 helis that have the V2 ProBec installed...and I fly probably 30 to 40 flights a week combined and have never had a single issue with any of my ProBecs....V1 or V2.

Hope this helps some....again sorry about the answer you received via the Outrage email.
Greg Alderman is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-22-2011, 07:52 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Thanks,

Im probably going with a 1000-900 mah 2s pack 25c
I have enough space for that, now that I know what size to use
I can continue with the build. I didn't want to guess and have a pack I could not use laying around
Old 01-22-2011, 09:27 PM   #4 (permalink)
The Capi

My HF Map location

Go with whatever fits, if the lipo is small it will only limit the number of flights you can perform before you have to recharge it. A 1000mah 2S pack you can probably get 3-5 flights per charge.
Old 01-23-2011, 12:38 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have a pack sentry to check the fuel level between flights

What's the 9188 frequency for the gyro(sk720)? Is it 333/760?
I can set it to that if it is.

Thanks for help guys
Old 01-23-2011, 06:10 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default servos installed

Well I justt fitted the servos and did most of the sk720
setup, there is a huge speed difference between these servos
and the hyperions I had, usually its alot slower on flybarless but not the case here
im happy I stuck with my idea
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2011-01-23_05-02-37_902.jpg
Views:	276
Size:	58.0 KB
ID:	203301   Click image for larger version

Name:	2011-01-23_04-23-30_343.jpg
Views:	299
Size:	66.9 KB
ID:	203302  
Old 02-07-2011, 07:44 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

looks nice..where did you put the rx pack? or is it not on the bird for the pic?
robertsm is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-10-2011, 12:39 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusionsx00 View Post
I have a pack sentry to check the fuel level between flights

What's the 9188 frequency for the gyro(sk720)? Is it 333/760?
I can set it to that if it is.

Thanks for help guys
What pulse width/frequency did you end up using? Mine is se as an Outrage bl 9180/8.4v since the 9188 is not there. The servo is loud, even at rest always vibrating and twitching a little every now and then... Is your servo quite and vibe free?
Old 04-10-2011, 10:11 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Castel, the TORQ BL9188 is a 760uS pulse rate and 560hz...there is very little dead band in the BL9188, I found with the SK720 that setting the dead band to 3 or 4 helped with the little bit of jitter when sitting at rest...

Because of the small dead band any small vibration the SK720 picks up may result in a little jitter seen in the servo...this little jitter will not affect the heli in flight...
Old 04-11-2011, 12:49 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Alderman View Post
Castel, the TORQ BL9188 is a 760uS pulse rate and 560hz...there is very little dead band in the BL9188, I found with the SK720 that setting the dead band to 3 or 4 helped with the little bit of jitter when sitting at rest...

Because of the small dead band any small vibration the SK720 picks up may result in a little jitter seen in the servo...this little jitter will not affect the heli in flight...
That explains it, thanks a lot for the reply. Also, the SK-720 doesn' have 560Hz, only up to 333Hz or 250Hz, I guess I should leave it at 333Hz?

Would you recommend for me to leave it with 2% dead band then, or raise it to 4%. Thanks for your help.
Old 04-11-2011, 03:28 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I think I am running mine at 3...maybe 4...just see how the different settings go...but yes...use the 333hz setting on the SK720...that is not as important as the 760uS setting...as if not set on 760uS the servo will not even turn on...
Old 04-11-2011, 07:11 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

^^^ Cool, thanks Greg! I'll use 760us/333Hz.
Old 04-22-2011, 11:05 AM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

One thing I am unsure about is how do I actually wire the Battery into the Rx. I have a the new futaba HV rx that comes with the 8fg. It comes with a switch setup but arent servo wires limited to 5amps. I know with the CC bec it runs 2 power leads to the Rx. I am going to run the new TORQ servos. Should I just solder servo connectors to the Battery and just plug it straight into the Rx. Or Do you think the switch could supply sufficient amps for the whole setup. And how should you solder a servo connector to a batter. Advice needed? thanks
johnpotter82 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-22-2011, 12:15 PM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

It wasn't your exact setup, but I have seen someone use a Skookum 720 Powerbus (without a 720) to do it. You could have the RX batt into the Deans or EC3 plug then run patch cables, to the RX. If you're interested, I could sell you one.
kazager is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-22-2011, 12:33 PM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

Im liking the second Idea. Thanks for the offer but I look for any excuse to solder..... I enjoy it for some odd reason.
johnpotter82 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-03-2011, 04:41 PM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hello Greg,
i have trouble with outrage servos 9188's for the tail. for cyclic 9180 are perfect but the 9188's gets very hot until i loose the hold of the tail during flyng. am using a spartan gyro ds 760 with a correct frame rate. my lipo battery is outrage 7.4v 2500mAh connected directly to spectrum AR8000, no step down any where. i have tried more than one servo and a gyro. what is the maximum temp for tail servos? is this normal? am i doing wrong to give directly 7.4v?
saeed09 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-03-2011, 04:48 PM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

Saeed09, I think your setup is correct. This servo is designed to be used straight with 7.4V, 2S LiPO batteries without issue. I have mine running at 8V and it doesn't get hot. Can you check that there's absolutely no binding at all during the complete travel of the servo and the tail assembly?
Old 06-04-2011, 05:11 AM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks for taking a concern Castel. there is no any binding, the slider is smooth, my limits are good with my spartan ds760. Even on the bench at room temperature it gets hot. which battery are you using? might it be the discharge current or C issue from the battery being to high? what is the maximum current for bl 9188? Please try to fly and do alot of pyro movements, land and check the temp. please feed me back when you do that
saeed09 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-04-2011, 10:33 AM   #19 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi Saeed,

I am using a BEC, not a battery. Regardless of this if it's getting hot on the bench something's up. Either the gyro is an issue or the servo has a problem. I don't know Spartan and I guess you are sure but the pulse width and frequency are correct, 760us and 560Hz? Also can you set or vary the deadband? If so select 3%. Even after flying doing piros my servo is not hot. Hopefully someone can provide more info on how theirs work. The only thing is that mine is set at 333Hz instead of 560Hz because my FBL controller doesn't have the option.
Old 06-04-2011, 10:35 AM   #20 (permalink)
Registered Users

Did you try sending Greg a PM? Hopefully he can help.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in