Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > JR and Spektrum Radios and Electronics > 2.4G Spektrum Radios

2.4G Spektrum Radios Spektrum 2.4 Gigahertz Radios and Technology

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-17-2011, 09:27 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default DX8 problem??????

hello ! i have a problem and i want some users of spektrum dx8!

Please tell me which is the normal time for (system is inactive)

In the manual write 10 minutes ! But when i leave for 5minutes and 5 second about it start the alarm and the vibe and appear in the screen system is inactive!

please help me
kostasch is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-17-2011, 11:18 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

That doesn't sound like much of an issue. I'd update it to the latest airware software and I bet it reverts to what the rest of ours are set to.
Old 12-17-2011, 11:41 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

thank you very much for your answer ! i have already the last software 2.04! when i had the 2.01 it started in about 11 minutes ! now with 2.04 it happen in about 5minutes and 5 seconds!!!! if its possible please try it in yours dx8 and tell me because i am afraid! ok i know this is not a big problem but i must know for sure what happen
Old 12-17-2011, 10:04 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Mine is about 5 minutes/10 seconds...ver 2.04
Old 12-18-2011, 01:22 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Haha. Apparantly it has changed to 5 mins. Have to think about this one for a few.Maybe an accident maybe intentional.It would make it so I dont get so far away from my radio before it goes on.
HELIFREAK !!!
aerocal is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-18-2011, 04:00 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'm pretty sure mine doesn't go 10 minutes.

G.
Old 12-18-2011, 04:32 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Mine is a little over 5 minutes also. ver 2.4
Contributor, Team LavaQuad
halcyon32 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-18-2011, 05:04 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Thank you very much for the post.So now i am sure that this is normal and it changed with the last version 2.04. Anyway i sent already. A mail to HH and i am waiting for the replay the next days. Thank you all of you for the help.
Old 12-19-2011, 12:30 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Does anyone see a problem with it being at 5 mins ?

I don't see a problem with it at 5 mins, and typically this only activates when busy with a heli setup, or the odd occasion that I leave it on after a flight.

SAB Goblin 700 - CCHV120 - BEC Pro - AR7200BX - TM1000 / 450 Pro - GT5 - Tarot head / T-Rex 550 V2.1 - CC100 - BEC Pro - AR7200BX - TM1000 /
1004ron is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-19-2011, 08:59 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I see no problem with it being 5 minutes. Just seems funny that they would make no mention of changing the time in the DX8 SpektrumAirWareChange Log for 2.04.

Wouldn't it be nice if they made it operator adjustable, say from 1 to 20 minutes. At least you would know what to expect.

My quess is that someone at HH goofed up.
T-Rex SA - Full Metal - 430L/35G/12T - 65MG/401/3154 - DX7/6100
T-Rex V2 - 430XL/35X/12T - 65MG/401/3400G - DX7/6100 -- T-Rex 500CF - 5245/GY520/9257 - DX7/6200
Soarmax is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-20-2011, 02:31 AM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

This is likely the result of some regression testing in the new build. This timer is probably a "compile time" option when the code is compiled. Whoever was doing regression testing of the code probably dropped the time down to save some time during the testing. (Do you really wanna sit around for 10 minutes just waiting to see if the TX complains like it should when you could just compile it with a 5min timer instead?) Once this testing was done, someone simply recompile using the "normal" timers and we are probably running the exact build that was "tested".

John

Compass Knight 600E, Blade 450, Blade 400, Blade SR, Blade mCPx, Blade 120, Blade mSR, Blade mCX, Blade CX2
johnopsec is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-20-2011, 01:49 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soarmax View Post
I see no problem with it being 5 minutes. Just seems funny that they would make no mention of changing the time in the DX8 SpektrumAirWareChange Log for 2.04.

Wouldn't it be nice if they made it operator adjustable, say from 1 to 20 minutes. At least you would know what to expect.

My quess is that someone at HH goofed up.
Or they just got weary of trying to make everyone happy at the same time.
Makes no matter to me.Its better at 5 mins anyway.
HELIFREAK !!!
Old 12-20-2011, 02:01 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

Ill just have to remember to bump a stick a couple times when I have the blimp hiding in a corner while the National Anthem and presentation of colors is going on.That would be embarrassing.Thousands of ppl staring at me with contempt for my inactivity alarm blaring out in a dead silent auditorium.Even worse if it ended up on the 11o'clock news.
HELIFREAK !!!
Old 12-21-2011, 10:27 AM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Another issue..

On my DX8 I find that if I go into Switch Select (hold down the scroll key while turning on the transmitter) and set the L-Trim for Throttle and the R-Trim for Pitch, after shutting off the radio, the setting do not stay - ONE setting might stay, but one does not. These setting would allow me to adjust hover pitch and hover throttle while actually hovering.

Can someone else check their out and see if this is a issue with others also.

**** I just spoke with Spectrum - they confirmed this is an issue - they were not aware of. Expect a firmware update at some point..

Thanks

scott
Old 12-21-2011, 08:53 PM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado_Scott View Post
On my DX8 I find that if I go into Switch Select (hold down the scroll key while turning on the transmitter) and set the L-Trim for Throttle and the R-Trim for Pitch, after shutting off the radio, the setting do not stay - ONE setting might stay, but one does not. These setting would allow me to adjust hover pitch and hover throttle while actually hovering.

Can someone else check their out and see if this is a issue with others also.

**** I just spoke with Spectrum - they confirmed this is an issue - they were not aware of. Expect a firmware update at some point..

Thanks

scott
This is a subject for an entirely new thread.It generally gets confusing when you start a new topic in the middle of an existing thread.Anyway...
Checking real quick right now I cant reproduce your issue.I have a 450 that is setup that way and those settings have stayed intact as well through a couple updates.
Im a bit confused by your last statement.You talked to Spektrum(with a k) or you spoke with Horizon service? They confirmed this was an issue or they confirmed that they were not aware of this issue? Or both?
HELIFREAK !!!
Old 12-22-2011, 08:04 AM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default I'd check your settings again..

You state.. "Checking real quick right now I cant reproduce your issue."

That's great - perhaps you don't have the issue - but Horizon confirmed this on their DX8 transmitters. They were not aware of this, but tried it when I was on the phone with them. They saw the same issue. I'd check your's again.. set L/R Trims to Pitch and Throttle - not sure it matters which one. Turn your Tx off, then back on and check settings again. If you are running 2.04 - one or the other, perhaps both, will not be there.

I have a 450 that is setup that way and those settings have stayed intact as well through a couple updates.

Not sure why your Tx would be different than mine of Horizons - fact is, they turned in a 'trouble ticket' on this and it will be solved in future firmware updates.

Im a bit confused by your last statement.You talked to Spektrum(with a k) or you spoke with Horizon service?

Or, Sorry, Horizon Service.. they were contacting the Spektrum group.

They confirmed this was an issue or they confirmed that they were not aware of this issue? Or both?

Both.. but clearly not an issue with your Tx.. which I find strange..
Old 12-22-2011, 01:17 PM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

Scott
Thanks for clarifying.Its not so strange that sometimes these things dont show up with all units.If you did clearly identify it with HH Im sure they will have a remedy quickly.
HELIFREAK !!!
Old 12-23-2011, 09:55 AM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yes, they got a DX8, set it up like to told them, turned it off, then back on, and the settings for LTrim and RTrim were not there.. they tested and saw the problem. I'm sure also they will fix this easily - but they may wait to fix a few 'bugs' before they release another update. Fine with me, I'm not in any hurry - the Radio is working fine, but I'd use this function if I could.

sc
Old 12-23-2011, 06:05 PM   #19 (permalink)
Registered Users

Scott
Thanks for the info.Like I said I used the thr/pit trims in a model and after you said something I tried several configurations to try to reproduce.Im just curious why I didnt stumble upon it before.

Could you PM me the model file? Change the name to .txt if it wont let you attach and Ill change it back when I get it.Thanks.
HELIFREAK !!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in