Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > mSR

mSR Blade (eFlite) Micro SR Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-30-2010, 06:51 AM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

As said your test is not valide as you sanded down the hole in the flybar.
Before the hole get that large from inflight use the balls on the flybar is worn out and the flybar have to be changed.
Yes i know where natural dilation comes from and as the hole weare ther is a natural limit fore how big it can be, and bye sanding it you get it way bigger then it ever going to be from normal wear.

As said i cant replicate the wobble on my own well worn mSR and thats good enough proof fore me.
Exo 500
Mr.Andersen is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-30-2010, 07:05 AM   #22 (permalink)
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Andersen View Post
As said your test is not valide as you sanded down the hole in the flybar.
Before the hole get that large from inflight use the balls on the flybar is worn out and the flybar have to be changed.
Yes i know where natural dilation comes from and as the hole weare ther is a natural limit fore how big it can be, and bye sanding it you get it way bigger then it ever going to be from normal wear.

As said i cant replicate the wobble on my own well worn mSR and thats good enough proof fore me.
The video demo just simply shows that the lateral play exists oscillations can occur. It may not occur on your setup YET (probably the hole is still small) but it will occur. IT HAPPENED to MY Setup even if the hole is still small so the transition to a ball hub.

Best if you post a handsfree video at your most convenient time and show the longest handsfree hover you can achieve (while keeping it in frame on your video camera) on your STOCK setup. Or best, if you can show a video of your heli doing some precise manuever on some small space.
EQMOD is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-30-2010, 07:21 AM   #23 (permalink)

and please dont forget, this thread is "Achieving MORE handsfree stability" on an already handsfree capable MSR. You may have your own reference a handsfree stable heli as i have mine. I am using what i have already seen and applied some mods to get "more" of that stability i see on an already worn out head and i am just simply sharing what i've seen. Posting a video will give us enough reference as to the difference between the stock and the modded one. Should be good for all of us here when we start comparing and analyzing things.

And i am telling you now, i cant even achieve the stunt below on the MSR's stock form as the heli wont stay put in one place when i first got it.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FjQrP4WW4jk[/ame]

and my point of reference is my FP 4 channel picooz doing the same "cyclic nudges" ....

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UiMqH3dZJyE[/ame]
Old 05-30-2010, 08:06 AM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have a confession to make.
I dont have a camera here and that doesnt realy matter but to realy check the stability of my heli i took it inside and trimmed it in to stay in one place.
In the beginning it just sat there but after 10-15 seconds slowly started to ocilate and had to be corrected.
With that said my blades are ut of track from way to many crashes and im awaiting new blades from US together with alot of other heli parts.

So if EQMODs modded heli will sit still longer then his mod have an effect.

There you have it.
Exo 500
Old 05-30-2010, 08:36 AM   #25 (permalink)

Quote:
I have a confession to make.
I dont have a camera here and that doesnt realy matter but to realy check the stability of my heli i took it inside and trimmed it in to stay in one place.
In the beginning it just sat there but after 10-15 seconds slowly started to ocilate and had to be corrected.
With that said my blades are ut of track from way to many crashes and im awaiting new blades from US together with alot of other heli parts.

So if EQMODs modded heli will sit still longer then his mod have an effect.

There you have it.
That my friend is progressive TBE, oscillations gets wider and wider until a correction is needed to stop it.

The modded heli can stay longer without oscillations more than that.
Old 05-30-2010, 01:50 PM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

Well that progressive TBE i can live with as i dont hover more then 5 seconds at any given time becouse the wind catche it.

I see you have the same "big" heli as i do and i have a mod to mine that makes it hover hands free fore 10 sec before it start to drift.
The mod itself was not intended to make hover more stabile but was more like a side effect.
Exo 500
Old 05-31-2010, 11:28 PM   #27 (permalink)

Quote:
Well that progressive TBE i can live with as i dont hover more then 5 seconds at any given time becouse the wind catche it.

I see you have the same "big" heli as i do and i have a mod to mine that makes it hover hands free fore 10 sec before it start to drift.
The mod itself was not intended to make hover more stabile but was more like a side effect.

Please share
Old 06-01-2010, 04:46 AM   #28 (permalink)
Registered Users

Maybe he's talking about pitching up his 90 degreee paddles like I did on my Falcon 40 at first. The stability is good, the control sacrifice is not.
hydro_pyro is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-01-2010, 11:10 AM   #29 (permalink)
Registered Users

No im not pitching up my paddles.
One year ago i upgraded the heli with Pro swash, washoutarms and V3 headblock.
These winter i had a crash where the headblock got slightly bendt wihout me knowing.
Did have problems with small wibrations afterwards but did flye the heli until april.
Then i ordered Pro headblock and bladegrips and put on.
Im still using the V2 seesaw, chage and upper mixingarms together with the rest of the Pro head.
To fit the new headblock i had to put the mainshaft upsidedown and grind off the underside of the seesaw to prevent it from hitting the jesusbolt.
I did the mod becouse i was curious on where the Pro parts would fitt and i like the ability to mix parts, and a sideffect was the even better stability then with the V3 headblock.
Exo 500
Old 01-26-2011, 12:24 AM   #30 (permalink)
Registered Users

Ridiculous to read this straight through. EQ's sure got some time on his hands, as well as some bangin' tunes and kick ass grammar.
represent is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-13-2011, 11:59 AM   #31 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have an MSR and a 120 SR, but I am also a long time Model Railroader, specializing in brass Steam models, and fixing and painting them. I also know lots about plastic and metal lubricants. Try Graphite for dry lubrication on main rotor blades where they attach to the hub. Use plastic compatible light weight oil for the main rotors' gear. I also use armature oil, a very light, thin oil to oil the motor shafts. The plastic compatible oils DO NOT soften the plastics. I also use compressed air to blow away all the excess lubes. You can still have a thin barrier of oil on your copter that will be too thin to 'hold' dust. Don't use 'clinging' oils as THEY WILL screw up yer mechanics. Baby oil is also NOT to be used.
Kosh is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-13-2011, 02:55 PM   #32 (permalink)
Registered Users

Great thread here!
WayfaringDreamer is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-12-2012, 11:25 AM   #33 (permalink)
formerly koi-fish

Gonna ask a stupid question here.....

I noticed that my rotors tend to move in/out just a little bit when on the head. Will this induce tbe as well like when you get the "oval" on the flybar from wear?
/ 180cfx, 300x, X3,X4-II, Protos 380, Chase 360, x5, Logo 480, Gob 380, Gob 500, Gob 570, Warp 360, 450x, forza 450/450ex, T-Rex 600 Dom, Logo 600, DX9, 1973 Ford f100, Traxxas Summit/Bronco/Bandit/X-Maxx

"Everyone wanted his soul, all he gave them was a smile" - Steve Marriott
Diogenes is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-29-2014, 08:12 PM   #34 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by koi-fish View Post
Gonna ask a stupid question here.....

I noticed that my rotors tend to move in/out just a little bit when on the head. Will this induce tbe as well like when you get the "oval" on the flybar from wear?
Just as a note, my new out of box msr rotors have a slight bit of "side to side, or in/out" play also. However, it seems to hover hands free as well as any of the videos I have seen, modified or unmodified. I have a good 30 flights on mine and although EQ's mods are very well thought out and skillfully executed indeed, I just don't see any need on mine yet as far as a stable hover is concerned.
scoreshot is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in