Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > 300X

300X Blade 300X Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-24-2012, 03:51 AM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

Just wanted to add my 2 cents. I fly with 6 Nano's (45c) and 3 stock batteries...med-hard with mild acrobatics -no 3d (yet). Flying in 75-90 degree weather.
I've flown about 30 times on each battery. The Nano's defininitly have more umph than stock. I put back about 950-1000mah at 1c, with landings around 5:45.
They are usually warmish when done, never hot. No puffing here.

The stock have been relagated to testing on the bench, and field tests after a rebuild or mods (and maybe a good flight if enough juice left).
mixfisto is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-27-2012, 05:06 AM   #22 (permalink)

My HF Map location

I'm using some Great Hobbies 50C and they have been doing well for me but haven't really been getting enough air time to put that many cycles through.

As for soldering EC3 connectors, I clip it into a wooden clothes pin and heat the connector with a refillable wind-proof butane lighter from the dollar store. Get it nice and hot and melt solder into the cup then just dip the wire in and hold while it cools. EC5's need a little more fire, but you can follow the same process with a mini butane torch from Walmart or Radio Shack.
gothicbunny is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-28-2012, 07:38 AM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

I just bought 3 of the 1350 Pulse Ultra packs from Helidirect and put two flights on each yesterday. So far so good. I don't notice much difference from he stock pack yet but it only has 4 cycles. I did notice on my charger (Cellpro 10) that the cell resistance on the stock pack (16 mOhm) is about triple that of the Pulse packs (5 mOhms).

I am also a user of Anderson Power Ples and have been for almost 25 years. I finally bought the crimping tool last year and now wonder why I waited so long! It really is that much easier.

D.W.
DWSchmidt is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-28-2012, 09:42 AM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWSchmidt View Post
I finally bought the crimping tool last year and now wonder why I waited so long! It really is that much easier.

D.W.
I hear that! I love the fact that I can prep a new battery for use in about 3 minutes.
Old 10-28-2012, 10:27 AM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have 5 nano tech 45C lipo's and they are working fine gives a tad bit more performance than the stock eflight
bladeguy5 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-29-2012, 09:59 PM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

G-Force 40c 1300's work great! Less than half the price of the eflite and deliver a lot of punch. Cant go wrong with these IMO. I think I picked up 2 of these shipped to my door for less than 1 stock eflite.
Old 10-29-2012, 10:15 PM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Yep, I've got a pair of those as well. Great packs, and good folks to order from.
Old 11-06-2012, 09:38 PM   #28 (permalink)
Registered Users

I've been using the Haiyin 1300 25C packs, I have about 20 cycles on each pack so far. The Eflite pack surprised me, mine was better than expected based on past experience, but the Haiyins work better - you can hear the higher headspeed and it holds up longer through the flight. $12+change, US warehouse, and ordered on a friday and had them by monday. I'll probably pick up a few more...
buzzbomber is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-05-2012, 03:17 PM   #29 (permalink)
Registered Users

Just got my Christmas prezzy a 300x, well it comes Friday, down side is I’ve got four new 1000 lipo’s on route for my SR.

My question is, has anyone tried something like a zippy 1000 25c? I’m thinking should maybe get 4mins out of them just normal flying as I’m sure when I fly the 300x the SR will become a dust gathering relic.

Kev
Kev Mallin is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-06-2012, 04:12 AM   #30 (permalink)

My HF Map location

I'm surprised the SR isn't a dust gatherer already. You will love stepping up to the 300X. Same size heli, but with a BX it is night and day difference.

You should be able to use those batteries, but they may be borderline. 1000mAh * 25C = 25A (25,000 mA). Do check your batteries coming down warm and watch your flight times.

If you switch up to CF blades, the lighter weight should be easier on the motor. If you can track down a smaller pinion it will help as well.

The recommendation for any new 300X is to add a frame brace to prevent broken main shafts. If it prevents even one crash it will have paid for itself.
gothicbunny is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-06-2012, 01:00 PM   #31 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks for the info Don, the guy at the LHS reckons as I can fly the SR ok I’ll love the 300x

Thanks for the tip, I forgot, it took me ages to iron out all the bugs in SR, I thought HH would have done all my work for me, looks like searching through the forums again.

Kev
Old 12-11-2012, 11:31 AM   #32 (permalink)
Registered Users

Anyone tried any bigger Lipo's, like 1800's or bigger ?
If so what flight times do you get ect.

Kev
Old 12-21-2012, 08:42 AM   #33 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Hyperion VX 1800 35c packs

I'm using Hyperion VX 1800 35c packs for sport/endurance flying. They fit under the canopy just fine, and the CG is only slightly forward. Lots of punch & excellent flight-times. At 136g, they may be a bit heavy for all-out 3D, but they're an excellent choice for sport-flying. Of course you also get Hyperion's 300-cycle lifespan @ 5c charge.

As one would expect, flight-time to the 80% discharge point is extended by approximately 33% as compared to a stock-size pack.

Last edited by Turboparker; 12-21-2012 at 05:18 PM.. Reason: Typos
Turboparker is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-21-2012, 02:06 PM   #34 (permalink)
Registered Users

I've got a couple of Sky Lipo 1300mah. I can't really tell a difference from the stock ones and they are less than half the cost. It was also fun to soldier on my first set of EC3 connectors.

Only have a few flights on them, but so far-so good.
Old 12-21-2012, 02:17 PM   #35 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Turnigy Nano Tech Batteries on 300X

Anyones flying the 1300 mAh Turnigy Nano 45C˜90C or the 1300mAh Turnigy Nano 25C˜50C?
I have been flying the TNT 450 mAh 2S on my 130X and I am very happy with them.
Old 12-21-2012, 02:43 PM   #36 (permalink)
Registered Users

I believe a bunch of us here have been using the 45c nano's with good results. I personally can tell a difference vs the stock. The nanos are stronger and last longer.

IMO, they are the best bang/buck batteries for the 300x!
mixfisto is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-21-2012, 02:51 PM   #37 (permalink)
Registered Users

That what I expected. Now the wait starts....
Thanks.
Old 06-24-2013, 12:44 AM   #38 (permalink)
Registered Users

)

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
salad_man is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-24-2013, 01:14 AM   #39 (permalink)
Closed Account

I use the nano-tech 45-90c batteries I have about 10 of them and 2 eflite batteries.

I run the wicked motor and 33A esc with a governed head speed. I get 5 min 3d time out of the nano's and about 4:30 out of the eflites. Both batteries come down warm I don't pay attention to how much I put back in them.
xokia is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-24-2013, 03:48 AM   #40 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default Isn't it time for a battery update?

I've been using for a year now:
-stock E-Flite batteries 20C
-A Plus batteries 35C?
-Nano-Tech batteries 130C
-Thunder Power 65C

From the get go the Nano-Techs and Thunder Powers seemed more powerful than the stock batteries.

Now after a year (I guess approx 50 charges max) the stock batteries are performing best. Seems like the Nano-Tech and Thunder Power batteries don't keep their power over time (guess the IR goes up)...

I've seen this also for smaller batteries (Nano, mCPx, 120SR) - the Nano-Techs don't seem to perform so good after a while... Hyperions OTOH seem to last much longer.
Radio: Spektrum DX8 Gen 1
SHYguy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in