Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Miniature Aircraft Helicopters > MA Electric

MA Electric IonX2, Razor and Furion Support forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-05-2011, 04:39 PM   #341 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by dauste View Post
That will be post no.33 in this thread! I ended up turning it back round the other way as the bracket was rubbing on the elevator servo.
I blame my glasses. They are in front of my eyes all the time and get in the way.

You may not appreciate the following not being a north country man.

A Yorkshireman's dog dies and as it was his favourite pet he decides to have a gold statue made by a jeweller to remember the dog by.

Yorkshireman: "Can tha mek us gold statue of yon dog?"
Jeweller: "Do you want it 18 carat?"
Yorkshireman: "No I want it chewin' bone yer daft bugger!"

PS I might countersink the other holes then so it is flat on both sides.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-05-2011, 07:51 PM   #342 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

LOL nice one. I lived in Huddersfield for 4 years when I were a lad and had a right Yorkshire accent then. Me mam's from Haydock as well and Dad's from Italian/Welsh descent, so a bit of a Heinz 57!
dauste is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-05-2011, 09:18 PM   #343 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
....................Seeing as though I haven't been able to get to the field, I've been messing about with head speed in the garage and got the following values from the DX8 and Jive:

65% = 2000 rpm
73% = 2100 rpm
83% = 2200 rpm

I assigned these throttle settings to the 3 flight modes and then decided to have a look at the bank switching on the Vbar............
This is a bit way back in the posts but can I ask are the above %'s your idle up throttle "curve" %'s. I do not know much about Kontronic, but I am about to find out because I will be using one. Further I do not know much about VBar or FBL if it comes to that. I, however, would be concerned if I were using such low throttle settings. From my undertanding the ESC will really have to work hard to maintain such low %'s. They work better at high throttle because they are not constantly "switching" on and off. A bit different if you are using governor mode then say 85% would give the ESC headroom to move to maintain the headspeed.

Now if I am right about which I said above then I would be looking for a pinion or motor change so your 2200 is 100% and 2000 is about 85%. I have been working through my 600's so they will all be running 10S and not being a 3D man but wishing to push a bit I would agree with you 2100. Even then my Compass for instance can soon disappear into the distence (or a big hole in the ground).
Old 10-06-2011, 03:27 AM   #344 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Those setting were actually straight % for my three stunt modes using the governor. I don’t run a ‘normal’ mode anymore after crashing my Furion 450 failing to learn inverted hover in normal!

I’ve since changed to the 13 tooth pinion and my percentages are now st1 55%, st2 65% and st3 78%, not sure what those head speeds are though as I haven’t tested it yet.

I would never get hung up over electrical efficiency, your motor/ESC may be more electrically efficient at 100%, but then you are up against a loss in aerodynamic efficiency as your blades try to batter their way through the air. In st1 I can do my entry level 3D/sports fly and easy get 9 mins of flight. In st 3 I’m luck to get 5 minutes.

Let me know if you need some pointers when it comes to setting up the vBar, I’ve been told by some talented pilots that I have one of the best set-up heli’s they have ever flown (not sure if it’s me or the Furion 6/vBar combo though)!!
Old 10-06-2011, 04:55 AM   #345 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Let me know if you need some pointers when it comes to setting up the vBar, I’ve been told by some talented pilots that I have one of the best set-up heli’s they have ever flown (not sure if it’s me or the Furion 6/vBar combo though)!!
Thanks for the offer. I am using BeastX.
Old 10-06-2011, 06:29 AM   #346 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

You're on your own then! LOL
Old 10-06-2011, 03:17 PM   #347 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
You're on your own then! LOL
You are never on your own on Helifreak. there is so much information available and the BeastX forum has lots. For example see

https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=268460
Old 10-07-2011, 01:42 AM   #348 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Twas only Southern humour! I may be putting one of those on my 450 at some stage, so maybe then I can get some pointers from you.

Last edited by dauste; 10-07-2011 at 04:10 AM..
Old 10-07-2011, 05:41 PM   #349 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Twas only Southern humour! I may be putting one of those on my 450 at some stage, so maybe then I can get some pointers from you.
It will be the case of the blind leading the blind.

I see what you mean about the Scorpion motor being only half a mm away from the anti-rotation pin. Good design or woops doesn't matter. It misses. I am going to go for a 500kv motor. My brain (and fingers) cannot handle the headspeeds of a 560. Also I will fit the bigger belt drive gear to compensate. One of our pilots suggested using 105mm tail blade instead. If I did that I think I would want to add a bit to the tail fin or make another one. I do not particularly like the standard one. Its a bit tizzy for what is a bulldog looking machine.

You pointed out in a earlier post the frames not mating well where they meet the struts. Mine is the same but I do not think it really matters to me. Some might consider it puts a strain on the bolts in a heavy landing. We will see, however, I have not seen any reports of this occuring.

We had a fun fly at our club a couple of weeks ago and we had a elimination drag race. The Furion 6 with a 560kv beat all comers which included some top pilots with Trex 700E's, Rave's and Kasama's .
Old 07-15-2012, 11:27 PM   #350 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quite complicated. I just whack a bubble leveler on top of the pitch gauge and voila that's is your ground reference. Cheers.

Quote:
I was struggling trying to measure the pitch on the blades with my cheapo Align gauge and no flybar to measure off. I lined the heli up in front of a known level on my wall, but then thought the heli itself may not be level, so whatever I did was always just going to be an approximation. I had seen that screw in rod that you fit where the head button is, but didn't want to go to that extent.

I've now upgraded the Vbar to Pro software and it uses some simple measuring techniques to give very accurate pitch measurements. Having looked at the maths, I figured you could use this as the main means of measuring pitch and never use a pitch gauge again. So what to do... (apologies if you've seen this elsewhere, I'm sure someone else must have shown this before on the site.)

First I swapped one of the blades over and then fold them back in the blade grip like this.
pnnguyen is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-10-2012, 10:40 AM   #351 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnnguyen View Post
Quite complicated. I just whack a bubble leveler on top of the pitch gauge and voila that's is your ground reference. Cheers.
That works if/when the main shaft is perpendicular to the ground.
Old 09-10-2012, 03:11 PM   #352 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Yes it was complicated, but I was bored and just wanted to work out the math.

I use the Hobby Central calculator now. You can get it here works great as you can put in your target degrees and it will let you know the distance you will require between the blades.

I've had a nasty dispute with my neighbour that is finally over after 5 years. It has been sucking away at my financial resources, but a Judge has ruled in our favour and the a**hole has had to stump up over £100K in costs and damages. So got a cheque from him for £42K last week. Once that all clears, I'll be treating myself to a Whiplash (certainly think I deserve it) LOL

Old 09-11-2012, 03:47 PM   #353 (permalink)
NERD

Quote:
So got a cheque from him for £42K last week. Once that all clears, I'll be treating myself to a Whiplash (certainly think I deserve it) LOL
I have a birthday coming up....sometimeernothersoon...but there is no set time for presents *cough*,
Old 09-11-2012, 05:47 PM   #354 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Ah, if only it was all spare cash. That just about covers (but not quite) what I have paid out over the last 5 years in legal fees, court costs and joint experts. It would have been cheaper to hire a hit man! Lol

Old 09-11-2012, 09:53 PM   #355 (permalink)
NERD

Quote:
Ah, if only it was all spare cash. That just about covers (but not quite) what I have paid out over the last 5 years in legal fees, court costs and joint experts. It would have been cheaper to hire a hit man! Lol
Haha, just messing with you. I hope you start a Whiplash thread, and enjoy your new heli! I'm jealous!
Old 10-06-2012, 01:43 PM   #356 (permalink)
Registered Users

Are main blades come with the kit?
Old 10-06-2012, 04:20 PM   #357 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

You get a set of tail blades with the kit. No main blades, your choice on those.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in