Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Beam

Beam Beam Helicopters Factory Support Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-24-2011, 09:08 AM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi Fabien,

nice model
I hope to see it in the air tomorow

Take care

Hervé
Hervé is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-24-2011, 12:16 PM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Hi Hervé,

too bad you were busy this afternoon,

we gave it a go at Villeneuve Loubet and made a small video but it's better if JOnathan takes it and that i record the video then loool !!!

It's damn quiet and powerfull !!!

See you,

Fabien
Fabien is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-26-2011, 02:50 AM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

HI,

here is a video we made yesterday.

Pilot is my buddy Jonathan Terahi to who i asked his thought about the heli. He just wants one now lol ...

The weight of the machine as it is is 3447 gramms with 2x 6S 2600 mah ( Gens Ace). We used 3000 mah 6S x2 in the video but i did not check the weight ( there are Jonathan batteries) .

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mOeD5OGyuJs&feature=feedu[/ame]

Last edited by Fabien; 11-26-2011 at 06:51 AM..
Old 11-28-2011, 04:01 AM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thank you so much for your awesome report and video, Fabien! As a manager of BeamMania, though any of my comment can be seen as just subjective, Avantgarde is a real thing. Frankly speaking, I've never flown this kind of RC helicopter. It is dead stable and agile and responds to my keywork with more accuracy than any other helicopter I've ever flown.
newmafi is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-28-2011, 04:22 AM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi,

you are welcome

Same here for me, if i remove my " professional" cap and put the " hobbyist" one, all i can say is that since 5 years i did not enjoy building a kit, then on first flight, despite the fact the BEast X was not completely tuned, all people on the field came by and said this thing looks " healthy" and on rails !

I just love it, the heli is tonight going to UK with me for more test flights, i'l see if i can post any videos.

I do not want to compare anything on a forum, but let's say that the heli comes up with a flying weight very close to a well known plastic frames helicopter and it combines the aginilty of the light weight witha bit more " presence" or intertia in the air, i would not know how to say or translate that ( i fly both of them).

But i will let the future customers tell what they think about it, anybody coming to the Orlando Helicopter Blowout, come to meet us on our booth and test fly the heli by yourself.

As a french total froggie i fly mode 1, but i'll have a mode 2 transmitter with me also )))

Best regards,

Fabien
Old 12-01-2011, 07:57 AM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi,

a new video wemade in UK Yesterday, pilot is Andy Hornyak ( Fast Lad - Uk)

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2K34evGJsxM[/ame]

Best regards,

Fabien
Old 12-01-2011, 09:56 AM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

Wow~~Very Nice!
newmafi is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-05-2011, 10:02 AM   #28 (permalink)
Registered Users

Packing up for Orlando

We hope to see you on our Booth during the Orlando Helicopter Blowout, we will be also available from the 7th of december for people around the field

Any interested people in the Beam helicopter, holding a valid AMA licence and including beginners are welcome to fly & try the helicopter,we have a mode 1 and a mode 2 transmitter ( can switch to mode 3 or 4 no problems).

Best regards,

Fabien
Old 01-09-2012, 02:52 AM   #29 (permalink)
Registered Users

Any problem with CoG if using 2x 6s 3300 lipos?

Cheers
Old 01-09-2012, 10:47 AM   #30 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi,

it depends on your ESC and how you locate it, and also about the cells weight.

But then, if you are a bit nose heavy, it's easy to add a very slight weight on the tail, some magazine test pilots did this this week with Galaxy 3300's lipos and said it was working perfectly

Good 3000's are really the best match i had on my own Beam so far and flight time is more than acceptable for 3D . But i also have a set of TP 3300's 65C and i added a bit weight on the tail as recommended by the magazine pilots ( Rc Copter Online in France) and well i can't feel any difference except longer flight time lol !
The videos i posted yesterday are their test flights, they have both Optipower 3000's and Galaxy 3300's.

Best regards,

Fabien
Old 01-12-2012, 07:39 PM   #31 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Very nice and a very detail pic thread ....im starting to like this bird...i would like to know a bit more info of this heli if you do not mind?...i saw that in AmainHobbies, that this kit comes with 3 different pinions..my 600class bird which is the logo600 is a 10s setup and i love it very very much...what are the pinions available in the kit so i can decide which setup should i go for if i were to purchase this kit...cheers
Old 01-12-2012, 09:08 PM   #32 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hello,

the helicopter is delivered with a 12T motor pinion. It was a small mistake i think regarding the 3 pinions in the kits

PInions are available 12T, 13T, and 16T.

The main gear is 120T

So all depends if you want to fly the bird with 6S, 10S or 12S (i guess 10S if you already have battery packs for the logo ?) and the motor you will choose.

The most important is to take the pinion gear for the motor depending on the ESC you will use: The Castle Creation Ice 2 HV 120A (that works perfectly, and also there are threaded inserts on the BEam AvantGarde left frame to fit the tabs of CC ICE 2 HV 80 / 120) , when used in SET RPM mode for the governor ( works great), will give a slightly lower head speed than when using YGE, Kontronik and regular ESC's.

If you tell me which motor and batteries / ESC you will use, then i can tell you what pinon to use

Also, knowing your flight style will help a lot, i won't recommend you same pinion if you fly hard 3D or if you want to hover and make smooth circuits

Bet regards,
Fabien
Old 01-13-2012, 02:54 PM   #33 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabien View Post
Hello,

the helicopter is delivered with a 12T motor pinion. It was a small mistake i think regarding the 3 pinions in the kits

PInions are available 12T, 13T, and 16T.

The main gear is 120T

So all depends if you want to fly the bird with 6S, 10S or 12S (i guess 10S if you already have battery packs for the logo ?) and the motor you will choose.

The most important is to take the pinion gear for the motor depending on the ESC you will use: The Castle Creation Ice 2 HV 120A (that works perfectly, and also there are threaded inserts on the BEam AvantGarde left frame to fit the tabs of CC ICE 2 HV 80 / 120) , when used in SET RPM mode for the governor ( works great), will give a slightly lower head speed than when using YGE, Kontronik and regular ESC's.

If you tell me which motor and batteries / ESC you will use, then i can tell you what pinon to use

Also, knowing your flight style will help a lot, i won't recommend you same pinion if you fly hard 3D or if you want to hover and make smooth circuits

Bet regards,
Fabien
Thank you Fabien for the kind reply...i have batts for 12s and 10s setups but for 12s i only have batts which i use for my trex500 which is 2650nanos...

esc i will be using either a 120(on my avant) or a 80(on my logo 600) Jive cause i can swapped em around and i only need to buy the bec cables to make this work...with this method i think i will save on $$$ for esc's....just need to calibrate my throttle endpoints everytime i swap the esc's around which is no big deal

motors will have to be a scorpion motor as my avant and logos have scorpion's in em so i don have to worry abt the connectors to the esc...i do not know which kv yet to get if i do get this kit...my flying style is 3d flight and my flying time is about 4mins and i do not like to fly more then 4:30...cheersss
Old 01-14-2012, 05:16 PM   #34 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi,

then i would say, if you do not like long flight times, just go with the following setup :

- 12S 2650 mah or 3000's, 3000 would bebetter but wel with 2650's you can do some nice flights also ( but shorter lol)
- 12T pinion if you use a Jive, the 80A will do the trick no problem ( it can handle the peaks fingers in the nose )) )
- Scorpion 4025-560 Kv, some people put the 4035 but it's too much power for nothing and screws holes o the mount are 3mm (we are releasing very soon a 4mm screws support)

Then, you can get that kind of 3D flight at 2300 Rpm's:

Beam Avantgarde 600 4th Flight 2300 rpm Gryphon blades Nexus HV servos Benjamin BOSSO (3 min 43 sec)

Best regards,

Fabien
Old 01-14-2012, 11:10 PM   #35 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Awesome smack flight!!!
Old 01-15-2012, 10:58 AM   #36 (permalink)
Registered Users

The pilot skills helps a lot also lol !!!!

Thanks,

Fabien
Old 01-17-2012, 01:34 PM   #37 (permalink)
Registered Users

Fabien

Could you please tell me what the boom diameter is and what pitch the main gear has?
Just checking if some parts are interchangeable with the Logo 600

Thanks Rinaldo
sick.orsky is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-17-2012, 08:21 PM   #38 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi Rinaldo,

i'll check that this morning and will send you the details,

BEst regards,
Fabien
Old 01-25-2012, 01:34 PM   #39 (permalink)
Registered Users

Is it not E6?
Luxo is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-25-2012, 03:57 PM   #40 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi,
I will post the info tomorrow for the main gear diameter. Module is 0.8 and 120t, but depending on the main gear diameter it might be compatiblewith the logoth a few mods ( and usage of the beam motor pinion). For tail boom same i have to check, i was not home and just came back so tomorrow morning i give a quick check on the computer.
Best regards,
Fabien

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in