Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 700 Class Electric Helicopters

700 Class Electric Helicopters 700 Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-17-2012, 07:33 AM   #81 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dino Spadaccini View Post
the old gear will tap out if you use a screw driver from the inside if the bearing comes out with it not a big deal just you a pair a wire cutter and keep cutting the old gear to get the bearing off. Now install the bearing back into the case now take the new gear and the old tail out put shaft insert the small end into the new gear now place on a solid surface and tap into place with a hammer should take no more then 10 mins
Thanks for the tip Dino, was getting concerned about this for when my new parts get here.
This makes sense and should work well.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-17-2012, 08:41 AM   #82 (permalink)
Registered Users

Dino, no offense, but that won't work in this case. The black umbrella is so large a diameter it will not go into the ID of the bearing. I could not even get it to start. I even put a small chamfer on the end trying to get it to start. When I tried tapping it in, it was so tight it destroyed the bearing

The remaining 3.5 hours was spent sanding/scraping the black gear to fit into the new/last bearing I had on hand so as not to mess it up.

BTW, I am now waiting on some small shims to arrive, as the new tail shaft shoulder is about .1mm too short and lets the shaft move back and forth when the tail case is assembled. Put the original tail shaft back into the case, no play, reinstall the new tail shaft, play is back and when the shaft is loaded to the tail blade side, it makes the mesh too tight. Load it the other way, and it's as smooth as (well lets just say it's smooth).

I am waiting on a backup set so I will see what the new shaft does when I receive it.

Ralph

Amain Hobbies Team Rep
rcflyerheli is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-17-2012, 09:03 AM   #83 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

I had the same play running that way to see what happens, just make sure to shim it correctly or it will wear the gear out, on a side i am sending them an email about the gear being so tight

thanks Dino
Old 12-17-2012, 09:13 AM   #84 (permalink)
Registered Users

My gear had a similar problem. It was about an 0.008 inch interference fit on the shaft side of the bearing shoulder and 0.004 on the gear side. I worked it down to a uniformed 0.004 over the entire shoulder. I turned an aluminum arbor and sleeve to press the end bearing on and then into the case. The gear mesh looked good; although, if I were to do it again I might consider a couple of small shim to increase the contact pattern.
jsg001 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-17-2012, 09:36 AM   #85 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have a question that is not directly related to the gear but hopefully you guys will know at least Dino. I got the new gears last week and before I could put them in I crashed the bird (servo horn screw came loose ) . Anyway I will be putting the new Gear in on the rebuild but my question is that the DFC has new part numbers for the TT and Boom can you use the original 700 parts or is there a difference in the parts? My supplier does not have the DFC parts in stock but I can get the originals. Thanks for you help.

Nathan
Nate540 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-17-2012, 09:49 AM   #86 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Is it necessary to replace the umbrella gear that fits into the tail hub, or can you skip it if it doesn't go smoothly? I have 2 torque tube align Helis, and have never stripped an umbrella gear..
Geardaddy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-17-2012, 10:36 AM   #87 (permalink)
Registered Users

that is for the nitro boom it 10mm longer for the new DFC heli
Old 12-17-2012, 11:05 AM   #88 (permalink)
Registered Users

Dino, what about the axial play some of us are now seeing? Sorry, I didn't see your reply about send a email to Align on these issues.

Amain Hobbies Team Rep

Last edited by rcflyerheli; 12-30-2012 at 07:55 PM..
Old 12-17-2012, 11:15 AM   #89 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dino Spadaccini View Post
that is for the nitro boom it 10mm longer for the new DFC heli
Dino

If I go with the n boom TT and Control rod will that work?
Nate540 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-17-2012, 11:54 AM   #90 (permalink)
Registered Users

yes sent them a message about the in and out play on the tail shaft
Old 12-17-2012, 01:06 PM   #91 (permalink)
Registered Users

My black gear was also very large, I just stuck the new gear onto the end of a large driver in my drill, wrapped the outside with a bit of sandpaper, and worked it down to size in a few minutes. That part has gone fine, getting the tail slider moving freely through the entire range is still a work in progress, still a bit tight when all the way in close to the tail case. Otherwise the build is done and its been very easy and issue free.
Motorbreath is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-17-2012, 01:12 PM   #92 (permalink)
Registered Users

subcribed
jimmitch is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-17-2012, 01:25 PM   #93 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorbreath View Post
My black gear was also very large, I just stuck the new gear onto the end of a large driver in my drill, wrapped the outside with a bit of sandpaper, and worked it down to size in a few minutes. That part has gone fine, getting the tail slider moving freely through the entire range is still a work in progress, still a bit tight when all the way in close to the tail case. Otherwise the build is done and its been very easy and issue free.
Look at your slider to grip links where they attach to the grips. If the screw is too tight, it will bind the grip at full travel. Not stumping for KDE, but their performance tail upgrade with the BB links seems to solve the issues.

Amain Hobbies Team Rep
Old 12-18-2012, 06:57 AM   #94 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helos4me View Post
Thank the heli Gods for the core strength of the RC community. If we can't figure it out, no one can.
yeah...plus one on this...

I maidened mine today, and could swear she was humming at the higher head speed.

lol.. the shafts just hit Malaysia today, so I ordered one straight up...
EC225LP is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-18-2012, 07:13 AM   #95 (permalink)
Registered Users

if you tighten the small bolt on the pitch fork to much the dog bones will drag some you have to play with that to make it just right.
Old 12-18-2012, 09:56 AM   #96 (permalink)
Registered Users

I measured my tail shaft axial end play with the new gears at 0.006 inch without shims or modifications. How does that compare to what others are seeing?
jsg001 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-18-2012, 10:09 AM   #97 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Just got mine in, man it was tough, slight chamfer on the black gear shaft and put it in the freezer, then put the tail case bearings and all in the oven on low heat for a bit.
I inserted the old tail shaft into the top of the black gear and pushed it down on the tail case to get it started, once well into the top bearing I removed the shaft and pushed down on the gear with a block of wood padded with a towel folded over.
Looks good so far, mesh is perfect, less axial play in the tail shaft and tail grips. I'll report back after next flight on Sunday.
Old 12-20-2012, 03:10 PM   #98 (permalink)
Registered Users

Actually ordered my new tail shaft kit today, they were in stock in the UK for about 2 hours...

Trex 700E DFC - AR7200BX, Gryphon GSR-7075
Spektrum DX8 - Phoenix Sim
Yodaaaaaaaaaaaa is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-20-2012, 10:42 PM   #99 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi,

Another thing I've noticed, the fit of the black umbrella in the torque tube is not tight, has play.

I make another test with another black umbrella and have the same play.

But when I put the old white umbrella fits tight and don't have play.

Can be a problem?

Best Regards.
Old 12-23-2012, 04:55 PM   #100 (permalink)
Registered Users

Installing the upgraded gears in the bearing was a pain.
I came up with a little tool - I just cut an old 600 torque tube that I had and put it in the drill. Made it much easier to sand down the gears to the point where I could almost get them in there. Put them in the freezer for an hour and viola, in they went.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	SSC_0020.JPG
Views:	545
Size:	221.6 KB
ID:	376432   Click image for larger version

Name:	SSC_0021.JPG
Views:	541
Size:	207.0 KB
ID:	376433   Click image for larger version

Name:	SSC_0022.JPG
Views:	543
Size:	208.6 KB
ID:	376434  
Goblin 700

chosen69 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in