Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Jeti Duplex Radio Systems

Jeti Duplex Radio Systems Jeti Duplex Radio Systems Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-11-2012, 12:00 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default Jeti Duplex DS-16 Design is now Final

Looks like we have settled all the details. Final version of the Jeti Duplex DS-16 is even better than expected. For better reception we have decided to go with two RF modules and three antennas. One of the modules has 2x antennas, this way all broadcasting angles are covered. The LCD case is made of smooth black plastic. You can expect video very soon.

Can be preordered at http://circlecityhelis.com/radio-gea...adio-pre-order

Lou
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1116.jpg
Views:	213
Size:	52.9 KB
ID:	373249   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1119.jpg
Views:	158
Size:	48.8 KB
ID:	373250   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1123.jpg
Views:	166
Size:	50.3 KB
ID:	373251  
www.circlecityhelis.com
lperagallo is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-11-2012, 12:11 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Very nice Lou.

Was the decision to add a third antenna based on the internal antennas and case design partially obscuring the signal from certain angles?

I'm just wondering if this is considered an improvement over the DC-16 in terms of signal reliability/strength or perhaps the DC-16 has no such problem because its antennas are out in the open and free of any obstructions.
Jeti DC-16
Kiba is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-11-2012, 12:19 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiba View Post
Very nice Lou.

Was the decision to add a third antenna based on the internal antennas and case design partially obscuring the signal from certain angles?

I'm just wondering if this is considered an improvement over the DC-16 in terms of signal reliability/strength or perhaps the DC-16 has no such problem because its antennas are out in the open and free of any obstructions.
I would suspect, that with everything that Jeti does, it was to make the best quality product in the marketplace. DC-16 is out in the open so no worries.

Lou
www.circlecityhelis.com
Old 12-11-2012, 12:38 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Just to verify this.
The antenna stub that showed up in an earlier picture on the upper right of the LCD display is not going to be in the production model ?

I see a green LED glowing.
I realize the manual is probably not ready yet, but do you know what it signifies and what the LED on the left signifies when it is lit ?
Old 12-11-2012, 01:01 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkovalcson View Post
Just to verify this.
The antenna stub that showed up in an earlier picture on the upper right of the LCD display is not going to be in the production model ?

I see a green LED glowing.
I realize the manual is probably not ready yet, but do you know what it signifies and what the LED on the left signifies when it is lit ?
The stub is gone. Although it will take a while for all the pictures to get updated. This is information that is just a few hours old. No, I don't know what the LEDs are.

Lou
www.circlecityhelis.com
Old 12-11-2012, 01:08 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by lperagallo View Post
The stub is gone. Although it will take a while for all the pictures to get updated. This is information that is just a few hours old. No, I don't know what the LEDs are.

Lou
My guess is that the stub was only added because they originally had aluminum going around the LCD and when they removed the aluminum "interference" they got much better signal strength. The DC-16 Probably didn't have that issue because the antenna was in the handle.

Now I will just look forward to FCC certification!
Old 12-11-2012, 01:59 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

looks even better than previous pictures.

I think the green LED is to show its powered up but I am not sure either.
im4711 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-11-2012, 02:09 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Can I assume the that display is still backlit and just timed out in these picture?
Old 12-11-2012, 02:14 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Can I assume the that display is still backlit and just timed out in these picture?
Yes, you assumption is correct it is backlit.

Lou
www.circlecityhelis.com
Old 12-11-2012, 06:03 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Awesome Lou! Thanks for the update! Quite frankly, I'm still wondering if my resistance to change is driving me to the DS and whether, as a pinch flier, the DC might be a more interesting choice. Decisions, decisions...
Old 12-11-2012, 08:00 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbdane View Post
Awesome Lou! Thanks for the update! Quite frankly, I'm still wondering if my resistance to change is driving me to the DS and whether, as a pinch flier, the DC might be a more interesting choice. Decisions, decisions...
I can't speak for you Brent, but as someone who started holding & thumbing, then switched to a neckstrap and pinching, then switched to a tray & pinching, I have to say of all the options the tray is the most comfortable especially with the shoulder strap. You don't even notice the weight of the TX and you have a nice spot on the tray to rest your hands and relax your arms. I used to get slight wrist discomfort without the tray as I'd rest a little of my hands on the corners of the TX; with the tray you get full wrist & hand support and that slight discomfort went away.

I just happen to know someone with a DC-16 you can try and see if it works for you.

If the tray-style doesn't work out for you I'm sure the DS-16 will work.
Jeti DC-16
Old 12-12-2012, 08:01 AM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

This is a HIGHLY personal thing, so my preferences are only my preferences.

I'm a pinch flier and like to have the TX tilted down away from me.

Personally I hate neck straps, and I find trays too unwieldy to deal with. I would hit people and things if I had a tray hanging off of me.

What has really worked well for me is the no-neck over the sholder harness which holds the TX securely at my waist level and takes all the weight off my neck. It also holds the TX in close to me and away from the heli if I squat down next to it. A tray really would get in the way of "my" natural flow pattern at the airfield.

Old 12-12-2012, 10:08 AM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
This is a HIGHLY personal thing, so my preferences are only my preferences.

I'm a pinch flier and like to have the TX tilted down away from me.

Personally I hate neck straps, and I find trays too unwieldy to deal with. I would hit people and things if I had a tray hanging off of me.

What has really worked well for me is the no-neck over the sholder harness which holds the TX securely at my waist level and takes all the weight off my neck. It also holds the TX in close to me and away from the heli if I squat down next to it. A tray really would get in the way of "my" natural flow pattern at the airfield.
100% agreed on the shoulder straps, they may take longer to slip on and off but they're so much more comfortable than a neck strap!

I've found no real difference from what you describe when using the tray; the tray really doesn't add much size or heft to the TX and it's still held right against my waist. The best reason I've found for using a tray is that it gives you larger spot to rest your hands and that's something I found makes a huge difference in comfort level-- especially on those days where I'd fly 16-18 packs.

The arms of the DC-16 tray have multiple positions; depending on where you attach the strap you can adjust the amount of forward tilt.

While I've found they work well for me I'm aware they don't work for everyone. I was opposed to trays for several years for reasons of looks... and then I tried one. Personally, I can't hold or use the TX as shown in the picture you posted; that cramps my hands in very short order.

Anyways, let's not let the DS-16 thread devolve too far into a tray vs handheld thread.
Jeti DC-16

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in