Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 800 Class Helicopters

800 Class Helicopters 800 Class Helicopters

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-30-2013, 03:45 PM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default 800MX

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyrotor View Post
I think they just did.

http://youtu.be/uMv09DAY8gk

Thanks Skyrotor for posting. I would just like to point out that our motor was able to withstand 3 minutes of 110 amps so you can beat your helicopter as hard as you like. So something must have been set incorrectly in the other video. You cannot deny that most guys at fun flys fly Align motors without issue. If there is a issue you pickup the phone and call your local distributor for service on the Lifetime Service Plan. I know you've seen many videos of team pilots flying them for 3-4 minutes depending on what they are doing. But never once have they burned one up. To be honest I've used E in many application for years helicopters, airplanes, cars, and boats and I have only had one problem with a motor when I was coming in on final. I won't say which brand as it was not any were talking about. I've been flying electric since Nicds so been doing it a while. So with that said when motors are used properly they perform.

But the above should enable you to feel even more confident if all the flights at fun flys and videos don't do it.

Thanks for flying Align,
Jeff Fassbinder
Director of Marketing
Align
Advertisement

Old 03-30-2013, 05:36 PM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I agree, testing and results can be skewed ....

Easy enough solution(s) are available..

I suggest contacting one or more independent testing facility to perform life and destruction testing that have no vested interests in the outcome..

In the US, located on the eastern seaboard there are at least 2 world known and renowned facilities,..

Dayton T Brown and Brookhaven National Lab, that can perform such testing and produce clear conclusive test results.

If any would care to prove their product, easy enough to contact them and make inquiries for such testing.

Until then .... " the this proves, or that proves " is a moot point.

nightflyr is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-30-2013, 06:02 PM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Re: Align 800mx does not live up to its hype

+1
Old 03-30-2013, 07:02 PM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunch View Post
all i know is that i had an Align and it burned mid-flight three minutes into a flight.
and i understand that Align stands behind their motors and have a lifetime warranty per say,
but when my motor burned mid air, my heli went nose diving into the ground because when the motor burned it was like it showed in the test, it could barely be turned so my blades stopped turning and couldn't even do an auto.
now Align did turn around and sent me a new motor, but who is to cover the $109 canopy, $7 rx mount, $200+ CC HV2 160 and $125 blades ???
Im not trying to stirr things up but have an honest question. When the motor stopped, did the one way on the main shaft fail as well? Because that should've allowed the blades to continue with the motor frozen. On a normal auto the motor is stopped long before the heli touches down. Im just curious thats all.
700N YS.91 600N Pro OS 50 Hyper, GY611, 600E Pro All stock, Spartan Quark, NX4 OS 37, BeastX, HK250 DFC, Tarot ZYX-S, UMX Beast, X525 Quad with camera gimbal, HK control board, Spektrum DX7, Pheonix Sim v4.0
AMA# 97405
Bengsch85 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-30-2013, 07:31 PM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default main blades

no,
the OWB is still the same i am using today, KDE upgraded from stock and it did
NOT fail.
here is what happened.
about three minutes into flight i did a loop and as i was coming around nose dive at about
3/4 of the loop i noticed smoke, and within 3-5 seconds blades stopped.
i had about 4 people witnessing this and after all of us trying to figure out what happened
it was the motor that burned and because the heli didn't have any air to grasp on since it was going nose down (hence no air resistance agains the surface of the blades) and the only
resistance against the blades was now burned motor which is hard to turn so the blades had stopped sooner.
of course it didn't help that at the exact same time my rx battery went too so i have completely lost control over the bird. why the battery went is out of my league.
i am using CC 20A BEC now with a scorpion backup battery in case BEC goes.

all i am pointing out is if the motor didn't go to begin with i wouldn't have to spend $500 to repair it... i think!
hunch is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-30-2013, 08:03 PM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Agreed, anytime a forced auto is required from something like this, its not right. I was just curious as I have had a complete drivetrain lockup and still was able to auto it but like you said a nose down attitude will scrub head speed quickly so it makes sense now. Thank you for sharing that
700N YS.91 600N Pro OS 50 Hyper, GY611, 600E Pro All stock, Spartan Quark, NX4 OS 37, BeastX, HK250 DFC, Tarot ZYX-S, UMX Beast, X525 Quad with camera gimbal, HK control board, Spektrum DX7, Pheonix Sim v4.0
AMA# 97405
Bengsch85 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-30-2013, 09:22 PM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightflyr View Post
I agree, testing and results can be skewed ....

Easy enough solution(s) are available..

I suggest contacting one or more independent testing facility to perform life and destruction testing that have no vested interests in the outcome..

In the US, located on the eastern seaboard there are at least 2 world known and renowned facilities,..

Dayton T Brown and Brookhaven National Lab, that can perform such testing and produce clear conclusive test results.

If any would care to prove their product, easy enough to contact them and make inquiries for such testing.

Until then .... " the this proves, or that proves " is a moot point.
I agree this would be a no questions asked results. Still though, with both scorpion and Align running the tests it "proves" to me that these motors are more capable than I am. Even if both of them modified their test motor to maintain +100 amp, I only pull 30-40 average with spikes of 125. So its safe to say that I will never have a problem with either motor ever.

Spartan Vortex, Scorpion Motors, ExperienceRC Batteries, OMG Servos
FrSky Taranis
DaveHolland is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-30-2013, 10:05 PM   #28 (permalink)
Registered Users

Agree. Both are great motors at difference price point. If you got extra cash, go with Scorpion. If your on a budget, go Align. Both motors can outperform 99% of our abilities. I have both and they run great.
skyrotor is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-01-2013, 10:29 AM   #29 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Re

Steppo,

Of course align put their front runner on their test.
Do you think you can walk into the store and buy golf clubs
Like Tiger uses, even thou Nike makes them?? Of course not.
Nike makes custom made million dollar clubs for its front runner and us,
Other mortals we can but machine production made ones.

Same with align. They picked one motor that will outperform all the production made ones
And put it on the test bench. Well what do you think the results will be??

You think that szabo and robertson and all the other guys go to the hobby store and
Buy kits from align like we do?? Yeah right! They get the "Tiger" kits that are made special for them and we get the 2nd grade stuff.

It makes sense.
hunch is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-01-2013, 11:01 AM   #30 (permalink)
Registered Users

steppo stop trolling and double posting your kidding your self
Old 04-01-2013, 11:04 AM   #31 (permalink)
Registered Users

hunch your off the mark

all factory guys fly off the self kits so your statement off the mark i WOULD swap any part out with anyone if they dont believe me,

if you see me at a FF and you have an Align come and see me ill swap part for part any day
Old 04-01-2013, 11:07 AM   #32 (permalink)
Registered Users

This one gave me a flashback thought about..... 3g / 3gx units.

Quote:
Steppo,

Same with align. They picked one motor that will outperform all the production made ones

You think that szabo and robertson and all the other guys go to the hobby store and
Buy kits from align like we do?? Yeah right! They get the "Tiger" kits that are made special for them and we get the 2nd grade stuff.

It makes sense.

Last edited by runesb; 04-01-2013 at 11:09 AM.. Reason: spelling
runesb is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-01-2013, 11:17 AM   #33 (permalink)
HF Support

My HF Map location

Quote:
Steppo,

It makes sense.
WHAT??? I hope someone steps in real quick and dispells this theory. No reason to run a test if that is the case since the results are worthless.

Rick
rdlohr is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-01-2013, 11:26 AM   #34 (permalink)
Registered Users

Rofl
Old 04-01-2013, 02:05 PM   #35 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Steppo,

It makes sense.
I know what you mean about this. Yes in some sports or hobbies, the sponsored people use the experimental not consumer grade equiptment. I also think that heli flying a little different. I understand they could bust out the top shelf components to make the motor, but this theory does not apply to any other aspect of heli flying. Is their carbon frames thicker, or thinner perhaps to save more weight. The servos work better? Even the 3GX, what could they improve and leave out for the consumer line? Any of these advances or little bits to help their pilots gain an edge transfer over to the consumer line. It would be counter productive for Align to no provide the public with what their team members run. This isnt golf, the typical consumer is after what the pros use, so therefore the pros equiptment is standard.

FrSky Taranis
Old 04-01-2013, 02:52 PM   #36 (permalink)
Registered Users

I will put this out there, All of the pilots factory guys and reps all get there Helis and parts from Assurance, All helis that Colin Jamie Ben and Alan fly are production kits including myself for anyone to think that these are not is way off the mark, I will put this out there once again i will swap any part for part off any of my helis to anyone that see me at an event as long as their part is in good working order you tell me what Team would do this you tell me what mfg would allow this i see none doing this.

I pulled parts off my own heli in LV, which grounded me but allowed an end user to keep flying that weekend. Our Customer service goes way beyond this forum or any other forum.
Old 04-01-2013, 03:21 PM   #37 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dino Spadaccini View Post
I will put this out there, All of the pilots factory guys and reps all get there Helis and parts from Assurance, All helis that Colin Jamie Ben and Alan fly are production kits including myself for anyone to think that these are not is way off the mark, I will put this out there once again i will swap any part for part off any of my helis to anyone that see me at an event as long as their part is in good working order you tell me what Team would do this you tell me what mfg would allow this i see none doing this.

I pulled parts off my own heli in LV, which grounded me but allowed an end user to keep flying that weekend. Our Customer service goes way beyond this forum or any other forum.
Great news. That being said, what Align pilot wants my perfectly working 750mx for their 800mx? Its for scientific research of me flying with it.

FrSky Taranis
Old 04-01-2013, 03:32 PM   #38 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by destroyerbmx View Post
Great news. That being said, what Align pilot wants my perfectly working 750mx for their 800mx? Its for scientific research of me flying with it.
The way you fly you need a 700mx...

Slow & Steady!
nmdesertracer is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-01-2013, 04:06 PM   #39 (permalink)
Registered Users

Who wants the screws that came with my align kit? Im sure they would make great solder tin.

Don't start about quality please,! :rolleyes:
Old 04-01-2013, 05:06 PM   #40 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmdesertracer View Post
The way you fly you need a 700mx...
Snap! I sense someone that knows me...I am out.

FrSky Taranis

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in