Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopters > CAD/CAM

CAD/CAM R/C Helicopter CAD/CAM

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-03-2014, 09:40 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default What kind of hand controller for a router?

There are many types of hand controllers. Wired or wireless, pulse generators or button type, mach3 controller or direct control card connected. Which one do you prefer and suggest? I like the wired hand wheel pulse generators but want to ask for your opinions before I get one.

Thanks,
Suat
Trex 600 Gasser FBL | HeliXHeli conv. | OS GT15HZ | iKon | Homemade onboard generator
Azalin is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-03-2014, 11:30 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

I don't currently have a pendant controller, but have heard good things about this one:

http://www.vistacnc.com/b07_pendant_...dant_p1A-S.htm

Website has a few to choose from based on your budget and necessary features.

-Mike
Old 03-03-2014, 04:21 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeSherman View Post
I don't currently have a pendant controller, but have heard good things about this one:

http://www.vistacnc.com/b07_pendant_...dant_p1A-S.htm

Website has a few to choose from based on your budget and necessary features.

-Mike
Looks like a nice controller. Thanks.
Trex 600 Gasser FBL | HeliXHeli conv. | OS GT15HZ | iKon | Homemade onboard generator
Old 03-04-2014, 02:04 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

My main concern is the connection type. The one you posted is connected to the computer. On the other hand there are controllers which you can connect to the control box.

My concern with the mach 3 type controllers is that the windows can crash, or mach 3 itself can crash. Then the hand controller will become non functional and this may cause a damage to the machine. I'm building my first machine right now so I'm just thinking. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
Old 03-04-2014, 09:11 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'm still finalizing the CNC conversion to my benchtop G0704 mill. I have all the electronics complete and tested. I just have the last bits of the mechanical updates to wrap up. I've added rolled ball screws to replace the acme threaded rod so I've spent a lot of time doing the lathe work to turn down the ends for my bearing blocks. I can use a manual Bridgeport at work and a benchtop lathe at my buddies house to make parts.

It's been a lot of work, but I've learned a bunch along the way. When I started my conversion, there weren't any bolt-on kits available yet. I now see there are a couple that are priced quite nicely - but hey, the point was to design and build my own conversion....so I did.

Now to your question - I don't have an answer for you. My setup has an eStop within reach of standing next to the mill....so IF something went wrong I could either use the hard mounted eStop or the pendant eStop if I had one. Limit switches should also kick in if the machine gets that far.

Mach should be able to handle a crash - what it does with the pendant control I'm unsure of. Perhaps search the Mach3 forums for some clues. Mach has been around a while and used on many DIY and production machine tools so I'm confident that it would work as you intend it or it wouldn't be as popular as it is today.

Regards,

Mike
Old 03-11-2014, 09:06 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I have the vista MI and it is great! I was a little short on $$$ and hesitant to go for one of the more feature filled Vista pendants. If I had to do it over again would not hesitate to go for any of the P2-P5 models based on the success I've had with the MI.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in