Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > MSH Protos

MSH Protos MSH Protos Helicopter Support Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-02-2014, 10:44 PM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excelon View Post
Sounds good and I'm looking forward to building my own.

What type of flight times are you getting and with what battery and setup?
I'm using Hyperion 2600mah 6S packs, at lower headspeed I get 5:30 with 20% reserve in the packs (that is on the non-stretch bird).

Chief
BHChieftain is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-03-2014, 07:45 AM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default Protos 500 FBL - MSH GOOD COMPANY TO LAST A WHILE???

Quote:
Originally Posted by BHChieftain View Post
I'm using Hyperion 2600mah 6S packs, at lower headspeed I get 5:30 with 20% reserve in the packs (that is on the non-stretch bird).

Chief
Man, I don't know how you guys get such long flight times. I have a fbl with sk540 425mm blades an 2600mAh batts (gens ace and glacier) and I get 4:00 or so flying a mix of aggressive sport and slow 3D including tic tocks (hard on batts, yes?) Voltage at end is ~22.2, but the batts only use about 1500mAh, so maybe I can push it. Stock Scorpion motor, yge esc.

And yes, I really like the bird. At 80% d/r, 30% expo, and 75% throttle gov store, it's pretty peppy. At 90/20/80 it's kinda insane. Haven't crashed after 500+ flights, so can't speak to replace costs or ease, but it has a good rep. (Other than two dumb tip overs, the only issue was a belt break around 300 flights. I spray with silicone, but be aware. Was able to auto with zero damage.)
matthewcornell is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-03-2014, 08:06 AM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthewcornell View Post
Man, I don't know how yoMays get such long flight times. I have a fbl with sk540 425mm blades an 2600mAh batts (gens ace and glacier) and I get 4:00 or so flying a mix of aggressive sport and slow 3D including tic tocks (hard on batts, yes?) Voltage at end is ~22.2, but the batts only use about 1500mAh, so maybe I can push it. Stock Scorpion motor, yge esc.

And yes, I really like the bird. At 80% d/r, 30% expo, and 75% throttle gov store, it's pretty peppy. At 90/20/80 it's kinda insane. Haven't crashed after 500+ flights, so can't speak to replace costs or ease, but it has a good rep. (Other than two dumb tip overs, the only issue was a belt break around 300 flights. I spray with silicone, but be aware. Was able to auto with zero damage.)

As far as flight times go.... from what I heard, never judge how much is in the pack by voltage. Charge your pack and see how much mah is put back in. Mah X .08 = 80%. That's should be your threshold. Other could chime.in if I'm wrong.

One thing to check that effected me a lot on my Logo 6th SX is gear mesh. I was getting 4:30 with tight gearing, checked and re adjusted.... now getting strong 7 min flight with 623mm and low to mid hs. I'm not pro pilot so this is perfect for me
Excelon is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-03-2014, 11:09 AM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default Protos 500 FBL - MSH GOOD COMPANY TO LAST A WHILE???

Ok, but is it ok to go below nominal 3.7v/cell?
matthewcornell is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-03-2014, 09:24 PM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Ok, but is it ok to go below nominal 3.7v/cell?
Personally I would not go below 3.7v resting after a flight.
Old 04-04-2014, 03:55 AM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Man, I don't know how you guys get such long flight times.
It is in RPM. Lower the head speed and you'll be able to fly longer. Now - would that fit your flying style or not - that's the different matter!

Quote:
I have a fbl with sk540 425mm blades an 2600mAh batts (gens ace and glacier) and I get 4:00 or so flying a mix of aggressive sport and slow 3D including tic tocks (hard on batts, yes?) Voltage at end is ~22.2, but the batts only use about 1500mAh, so maybe I can push it. Stock Scorpion motor, yge esc.
Judging what you put there I suspect your head speed is around 2600-2700 if not slightly higher. When I fly it around 2400RPM (similar/same setup as yours) I cannot do hard 3D/aggressive stuff and tic/tocs are Tai Chi kind but I can fly up to 6 minutes and return up to 1600-1700mAh to the battery... All on 2600mAh GensAce batteries...

Flying @ 2800-2900RPM it is on steroids and I can tic/toc it 80% of 3:00 I fly it and return 1500-1600mAh to it... Maybe even more! So judging by that I deducted your headspeed!
clicky is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-04-2014, 04:27 AM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excelon View Post
As far as flight times go.... from what I heard, never judge how much is in the pack by voltage. Charge your pack and see how much mah is put back in. Mah X .08 = 80%. That's should be your threshold. Other could chime.in if I'm wrong.
ALWAYS judge your pack by end-flight resting voltage first and foremost.

All packs degrade in capacity over time (so from 3000mah, it may degrade to 2700mah over time, and then 2500mah... etc)

So your 80% measured 6 months ago may no longer be the same today. The end resting voltage will tell you.

Almost consistent to a T, 80% draw will put your cells at around 3.75-3.78V per cell.

If you ended with 3.70V, but you put back "80%", then you know your pack has degraded a bit.

PRÔTOS 500 Brain HK-3026
PRÔTOS 500 StretchVbar HK-3026
rchelijc is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-05-2014, 02:51 PM   #28 (permalink)
Registered Users

That's something in what you say. I never fly my packs past 3.75 resting V. I feel only comfortable when they are at, at least, 3.77-3.78.
clicky is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in