Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > nano CP X

nano CP X Blade nano CP X Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-11-2014, 01:06 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Nano always tilts to the right

Hello!

Yesterday I bought the nano cpx to learn to fly CP helis, because my attempt with a trex 450 was unsuccessful.

From the first time I started trying to hover it I noticed that it would slightly tilt to the right, but I thought it was my fault. Now, after many flights I am able to hover it with no problem and at some time get to a state where it's solid stable for like 5 seconds (no input), but even during that state, the heli seems to be tilting to the right.

Now, I put on the other blades, because someone told me they might help, but I am currently chargin my batteries. So, what's the problem with my nano?
madsilencerr is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-11-2014, 01:42 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

That's perfectly normal, there is no problem at all. They have to tilt slightly to the right to offset the side thrust from the tail rotor. If they didn't tilt they would get pushed sideways by the thrust from the tail. You might notice it more on some helis than others but all single rotor helis do it to some extent.

Whoever told you to change your blades... best ignore them in the future because they don't have a clue.
Old 09-11-2014, 01:58 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Here's another thread about it,
https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=646942
Old 09-11-2014, 03:07 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

So I should get back to the original blades? Not the ones with the bullet thing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
madsilencerr is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-11-2014, 03:10 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

The bullets should be are easy to fly with. But really that it totally normal I won't worry about it.
Twill is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-11-2014, 07:34 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by madsilencerr View Post
So I should get back to the original blades? Not the ones with the bullet thing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes the bullet blades are the best if you are a beginner... and if the Nano is still to fast for you, try D/R 60 ( for all servos) and 30-40 EXPO . That will really slow the heli down ... gradually work you way up to 80-85 for better performance / behavior.
Old 09-13-2014, 06:50 AM   #7 (permalink)
HF Support

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by madsilencerr View Post
Hello!

Yesterday I bought the nano cpx to learn to fly CP helis, because my attempt with a trex 450 was unsuccessful.

From the first time I started trying to hover it I noticed that it would slightly tilt to the right, but I thought it was my fault. Now, after many flights I am able to hover it with no problem and at some time get to a state where it's solid stable for like 5 seconds (no input), but even during that state, the heli seems to be tilting to the right.

Now, I put on the other blades, because someone told me they might help, but I am currently chargin my batteries. So, what's the problem with my nano?
From another thread on this topic:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArchmageAU View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by LightGuy View Post
I just picked up a new nano CPX to practice orientation hovering, and it flies great to me right out of the box with the recommended DX8 settings. It controls fine and seems very stable - I love it.

However, it hovers at a tilt - the right side of the heli (spinning blade "disk") is unlevel and dips down on the right (the left side is higher than the right). It still seems to hover fine without a lot of float or turning, but it isn't level when it hovers. It is pretty noticeable, with the right side dipping down about 3/4 of an inch lower than the left.

I haven't seen this before on my other helis. Any ideas?
Perfectly normal.

Translating tendency.

Old 09-15-2014, 01:43 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Helicopters in general tilt like that. Some IRL are manufactured with asymmetrical skids to compensate. Americans fly "left skid low", the rest of the world mostly the opposite because because American helis direction of rotation makes their "translating tendency" opposite the rest of the World's.
Santa Cruz's most reliable source of broken Nano parts!
headless_monkeyman is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in