Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Antique Out of Production and Vintage Helicopters > E-Sky Helicopters > Belt CP

Belt CP E-Sky Belt CP

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-19-2013, 06:33 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Spinning Belt CP V1

Hi
I can't get my old CP to stop spinning. The heli spins to the left during spoolup.
I've checked the belt tension and 90 degrees on servo. I've also tried to move the servo forwards and backwards on the boom but it doesn't help. At all. My tail blades are spinning the right way, and I've tried to move the tailgrip in and out on the shaft. Servo mounted on the right side of the boom looking from behind.
Any sugestions?

Jimmy
Jimmyonyberg is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-19-2013, 07:48 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

It sounds like your gyro needs to be reversed,,, not the positioning. There should be a slide switch that will allow directional change.

Have you flown this heli before?
If so, and it was right, be forewarned, the Esky gyro's are notoriously weak and prone towards failure.
Old 08-19-2013, 08:37 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Yes I thought to, I tried reverse the gyro but it didn't help. It's the same problem in R/N. I flied the heli before when I was starting this hobby and of course I crashed it
Rebuilted it and then the problems started. I'm afraid the gyro is a goner?
Old 08-19-2013, 08:59 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

The way to check the tail, and the settings that Tom mentioned is as follows:

First check the tail spins the correct way. To do this turn the main blades clockwise, as viewed from above, and the tail blades should turn anti clockwise when viewed from the right hand side of the helicopter. Another way to look at this is to note that the tail blade nearest the front of the heli should be moving upwards into the downwash from the main rotor. Leading edge of the blade first of course.

If the above is correct you next need to check if the rudder direction is set correctly. To do this apply full right rudder and check to see if the leading edge of the tail blades moves nearer to the boom as you do so. If they do not then you have to reverse the rudder direction in the Tx servo reversing.

Once the tail responds to the rudder stick correctly you need to ensure that the gyro is correcting in the appropriate direction, as mentioned by Tom. To do this you need to push the tail sharply to the right, as viewed from the rear. As you do so you should again be able to observe the tail blades leading edge move nearer to the boom. If it goes the opposite way you will have to reverse the gyro switch, as described by Tom, and if it doesn't move at all, then either your gain is too low or your gyro isn't working correctly. If you don't know how to adjust the gain, then post back with some more details and we'll see if we can help.

Cheers

Sutty
sutty is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-19-2013, 09:01 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Just made a quick video of what I said above. It is still cooking on youtube, but if you check back an hour or so after this post, then all should be well.

Cheers

Sutty
Old 08-19-2013, 03:15 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Thank you for the detailed answers
I'll will check it out tomorrow.

Jimmy
Old 08-21-2013, 12:33 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Sut the vid is private
Old 08-21-2013, 04:21 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Thanks for letting me know bud. I uploaded it in the same way as normal. Don't even know how to make it private, so if it is, it managed to do it all on its own. I'll check it.

Cheers

Sutty
EDIT: Just checked, and it is listed as public, so if it still wont let you it's a youtube issue beyond my control. Nothing you would need to see anyway pal.
Old 08-21-2013, 01:16 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Jimmy, I guess you are covered with Sutty's detailed answer. So Where in Norway are you from ? Me and Ragge1 here are flying in Bergen.

Sutty, video is still listed as private. Not that I can help you out with that as I have no experience with uploading to youtube.

RC Heli Lounge on Discord : https://discord.gg/92HmhxWK
Tjomp is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-21-2013, 01:35 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Thanks Tomas. I looked again, and now it says private, but I certainly didn't choose that option. I uploaded it like I always do, and apparently I have 141 uploads, so I would hope I know how to do it, lol.

Anyway, I've changed it now, so we'll see if it sticks.

Cheers

Sutty
Old 09-03-2013, 08:12 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

I had similar problems before and posted for help. Here's the thread that helped me out https://www.helifreak.com/showthread...light=spinning

Thanks again to Creteus and Sutty.
808terry is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in