Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Compass Helicopters > Odin and 3D+

Odin and 3D+ Compass Odin and 3D+ Model Helicopter Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-29-2013, 06:14 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default cgy750/ 3d+ ??

Anyone running futaba 750 on there 3d+?
New to the futaba 750 so looking for some base settings to start at.
Finally spooled up my 3d and it's, but not being use to 750 gyro setup, little hesitant with maiden. Seems a bit "intense", have set for sport/3d so not too aggressive. Running os50, so not overpowered, 12.5* pitch/10cyc, Needs a good trim flight , hovered it and broke 2 landing struts on 2 separate landings. Only have it at 65% th, and -4* pitch for norm. low stick. She comes down hard, not sure if I should just use less - or if its in my fbl settings.
I only have about 10 flights on my first nitro nx4, w brain fbl and no problems at all. Took a flight or 2 to get use to it and set up was simple. Being use to the Brain just a little uncertain of setup w new fbl unit and a 50 nitro. If it were on a beater 450 wouldnt sweat it
crickr1 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-30-2013, 02:14 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

track down my mate Peter aka flyingkiwi here on HF ...... He has your setup and it flys perfect!
PM him.
Old 03-31-2013, 07:05 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

will do, Thanks
Old 04-07-2013, 12:15 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

The 3D+ will usully bounce pretty good before breaking a skid, but they're still a little on the weak side all the way around. I break the skids on every heli I own like crazy so I guess I'm kind of used to replacing them by now. -4 should be pretty gentle on the set-downs but you still want to arrest most of your downward motion before getting too low. I've noticed mine tends to wash out the air underneath of it a little more than my 6HV does and it drops at a pretty quick rate from about 5 feet down to 1-2 feet before it catches clean air again. I have controls set up kind of twitchy right now but a bit more EXPO helps with the cyclics. Pitches I try to keep as minimal as possible but the magic number for me seems to be either 12* or 13* in both directions and 11* of cyclic if I can get away with it on my BeastX's.
skunkworx is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-08-2013, 06:22 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by skunkworx View Post
The 3D+ will usully bounce pretty good before breaking a skid, but they're still a little on the weak side all the way around. I break the skids on every heli I own like crazy so I guess I'm kind of used to replacing them by now. -4 should be pretty gentle on the set-downs but you still want to arrest most of your downward motion before getting too low. I've noticed mine tends to wash out the air underneath of it a little more than my 6HV does and it drops at a pretty quick rate from about 5 feet down to 1-2 feet before it catches clean air again. I have controls set up kind of twitchy right now but a bit more EXPO helps with the cyclics. Pitches I try to keep as minimal as possible but the magic number for me seems to be either 12* or 13* in both directions and 11* of cyclic if I can get away with it on my BeastX's.
Trying to compare its characteristics to my 6hv and quite different. I can set her down much gentler, The weight must be the "BIG" factor on set down. Haven't had much time lately so only been getting couple quick flights in on my mini P. Need to spend some time with the 3d setup. Just picked up more fuel so that should help!

What size rx pack you running? I have 2000 life and its on the light size. She wants to tilt back still also.
Old 04-14-2013, 01:20 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I have 2200 2S and 2500 2S packs for mine. Both balance pretty well and I can't tell the difference on them in flight. I have them on the side of the battery tray but have tried them on the top and bottom too with no noticeable difference in flight performance.

The 3D+ is a teensy bit lighter than my 6HV so I tend to auto a little better with it. It;s definitely a different feel. Like it's quicker off center and a little more consistent. Kinda hard to explain until you've really flown both. I still think that the 3D+ is one of my favorite all-time helis for sure!
skunkworx is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-18-2013, 04:18 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks for input, Been busy lately and haven't given anything enough time lately.
Tend to just grab a batt for my Protos and get a quick flight in. Hopefully can get some time to spend on it soon.
Old 04-19-2013, 01:12 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I'm going to be putting the cgy750 I have into my 3d+ soon. I'm interested to hear how flyingkiwi is liking this setup. How's the gov setup for nitro? There was very little info for electric gov setup. I like how it flew on the 7hv and warp though (and thats saying something as the only other fbl I have had good luck with was vbar)

Can't wait to get my 3D+ going again!
RCHO Flying Field, Knightdale NC
lazor 22 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-20-2013, 09:00 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Finally spent a little more time on it. Changed my landing gear over to Outrage, seems to be better ,for now, looks good too! I think part of my hard set down was being in rate mode to get initial trim flight in. Was not comfortable w/what I was doing so it sat around a bit.
Did trim flight this morning, reset to AVCS, and put 2 flights on it. Now in AVCS, much smoother pitch control.Still need to work on tail gain/and stop, so far, as well as set up my gov. Overall not bad, still has some vibes, not sure about. Maybe motor mounts since all bearings were replaced. Now she's airborn and can spend some more time on it.
Looking forward to it.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in