Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Walkera Helicopters > 4G3

4G3 Walkera 4G3 Helicopter Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-17-2009, 08:55 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Is it better?

Is the 4g3 better than the 4#3b V2? I know that the 4#3b V2 is brushless and the 4g3 is brushed but i heard that they have a 4g3 with a brushless motor. I want the one that is better at 3D manevurs. I will be flying it at two full size gymnasium that r side by side. (Oh, and i have saved enough money to get either) THX
mxrider2637 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-17-2009, 11:49 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

If you wish to do 3D, then there is only one choice - the 4G3. This is fully aerobatic with a STUNT option on the TX and symmetrical blade section, unlike the 4#3. which has cambered aerofoils and will NOT do inverted.

Mike
Futaba 14SG,
helihathnofury is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-17-2009, 02:08 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yes, as Mike mentions it's the only one that can fly inverted, since it's collective pitch, and the 4#3B is fixed pitch, BUT, am I guessing correctly that this will be your first heli?
Blade 400, mSR, mCPX - Sonix SX450SE - Walkera 1#A, 4#3, 4#3A, 4#3B, 4G3
Dusty1000 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-17-2009, 02:55 PM   #4 (permalink)
Thread Starter Thread Starter

no, i have had a blade cx, and mcx and have as well flown 3d airplanes which i currently own two, and i am very patient. Is it a hard heli to fly? also is there a V2 version out that is brushless, i have heard that there is but it's all so confusng!?
Old 01-17-2009, 03:50 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Yes, it is quite confusing as these upgrades and mods keep coming quite fast from Walkera.

The Brushless is an upgrade, it is not the standard.

There is a 4#3a which is Fixed Pitch, plastic head.
There is a 4#3b which is Fixed Pitch, metal head.
There is a 4G3 which is Collective Pitch, plastic head.
There is a 4G3 which is Collective Pitch, metal head.

Brushless kits are starting to become available for both the 4#3 and the 4G3.

There is a new transmitter (the 2801) which is now starting to be available and is being packaged with the 4G3.
Steve Joblin is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-17-2009, 04:57 PM   #6 (permalink)

Thanks everyone, I am just about to order one online, wats the best site, I was thinking about ehirobo.com and is this heli a good heli, by that I mean is it a good deal for the money and is it a reliable choice( sorry for all the ?'s)
Old 01-17-2009, 05:50 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

DO NOT BE SORRY FOR ALL THE QUESTIONS!!!!! That is what we are all here for!

Ahhh... I see you are a fellow Pennsylvanian! As you are in the US, I would order from WowHobbies.com.

There are many good places to buy from, but for a the actual heli, I think that buying from a US company makes sense in case you need to return it for whatever reason.

I have provided a listing of most places that I know of here... https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=108496
Old 01-17-2009, 06:52 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by mxrider2637 View Post
no, i have had a blade cx, and mcx and have as well flown 3d airplanes which i currently own two, and i am very patient. Is it a hard heli to fly? also is there a V2 version out that is brushless, i have heard that there is but it's all so confusing!?
Hi, the brushless 4#3B is already available as a RTF heli, the brushless 4G3 will follow soon. Yes these helis are all much harder to fly than what you are used to. You will already have a decent idea about the different orientations, and you will know how the controls work, but the big difference between coaxial helis and single rotor helis is that coax helis balance themselves in the air, with single rotors it's quite the opposite. They always want to tip one way or the other and you will have to learn to input the correct amount of cyclic at the right time, in the right direction to stop this happening, just to keep the heli in the air, before you even think about forward flight.

Also the 4G3 will suffer damage every time you crash into a hard surface, a 4#3B will more often than not get away with it. If you have already ordered a 4G3, you would be best to start off learning to hover over grass, that way it will suffer damage maybe 1 out of 5 crashes, which is very good for a CP heli. Another thing about CP helis is, with their linkages going from the swash to the blade holders, they change direction very quickly, so there is not much time to correct mistakes. FP helis only have the swash connected to the flybar, which is all you control, then the blades follow what the flybar does, resulting in far slower changes of direction, hence you get more second chances.

Anyway good luck with whatever you choose, let us know how you get on
Old 01-17-2009, 09:08 PM   #9 (permalink)

I am leaning toward ehirobo.com cuz it's cheaper and I can get a aluminum case, is it alot harder than the coax helis? Also would it he worth to wait for the brushless 4g3. Thanks everybody
Old 01-18-2009, 01:25 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

I just recently started flying coaxial and single rotor helicopters. Yes, single rotors are a lot harder to fly than coaxials. But they are a lot of fun to fly once you start to figure out how to do it.

If you are going to start with micro single rotor heli's then I'd suggest either a 4-3Q or 4#3b rather than a 4G3 to start with. I have all three and I've just recently made huge progress learning to hover the 4-3Q and the 4#3b. The 4G3 seems to be harder to fly and requires more room.

Both the 4-3Q and 4#3b are pretty tough. You can crash them hard quite a few times without breaking anything. And you will crash a lot while learning to fly them. The 4G3 will break blades alot more often. You would go though alot more blades learning on the 4G3 than one one of the others.

There is a good thread on this forum about what spare parts to get for the 4#3b that you should take a look at if you decide to get one. Spares needed for the 4-3Q are similar.

The 4-3Q is my favorite..
Tom77 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-18-2009, 08:31 AM   #11 (permalink)

mabey i should get the 4#3b to start with, the only reason i wanted the 4g3 was to do 3D but if they are as hard as they sound then i wont get it
Old 01-18-2009, 09:21 AM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Don't be put off!!!! The 4G3 is a fab little heli, and needs some decent tweaking of the TX to get a reasonable amount of stability; there are threads here detailing the adjustments to make. Yes I get through a few blades at the beginning, but now it flies pretty well and is reasonably stable in the hover. Stick with the 4G3 if you want the added flexibility of doing 3D. It will feel difficult at first - dont they all??? - but you will soon get it set up properly at the swash and TX.
Good luck,

Mike
Futaba 14SG,
Old 01-18-2009, 04:16 PM   #13 (permalink)

Now I'm coin toward the blade cp pro 2 cuz the shippin suck on the 4g3
Old 01-18-2009, 04:20 PM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Shipping is fine from chinese-jade to mainland USA?
Futaba 14SG,
Old 01-18-2009, 04:49 PM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Now I'm coin toward the blade cp pro 2 cuz the shippin suck on the 4g3
Both WowHobbies.com and RotorFever.com have very resonable shipping rates. Both are US companies and provide excellent service.
Old 01-19-2009, 12:19 AM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
mabey i should get the 4#3b to start with, the only reason i wanted the 4g3 was to do 3D but if they are as hard as they sound then i wont get it
Yes all single rotor helis are hard to fly, though some are harder than others, it's generally recommended to stay away from small collective pitch helis until you know how to fly. Here's a guide which should hopefully be helpful.

http://www.eflightwiki.com/eflightwi...licopter_Guide
Old 01-19-2009, 04:42 PM   #17 (permalink)

now i feel stupid cuz i thought shipin would be bad OOpsy, i didnt realize the deals from chinese jade, now i might get either
Old 01-19-2009, 04:50 PM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

No need to feel stupid... When you get one in your hands you will realize why the shipping is so reasonable... they are tiny and light!
Old 01-21-2009, 10:21 AM   #19 (permalink)

Default where i got mine

I ordered mine yesterday from wowhobbies.com this might be TMI but what the hell

I purchased:

! $ SALE !!! (*HM4G3 CNC metal upgrade helicopter) -Newest version with RX2605A- includes extra main blades and extra tail rotor (has wk-02 servos, and the newest receiver, also the 2601 tx ) 195.98

2 extra sets of main rotor blades 9.00
2 extra sets of landing gear 5.00
1 extra tail rotor blade 2.00
2 extra main brushed motors 10.00
1 extra tail motor 4.00
4 extra batteries 23.92
1 extra charger 8.95

Subtotal: $258.85 Shipping & Handling: $24.95 Tax: $0.00 Order Total: $283.80

I hope i don't break anything i didn't already buy.

Wow hobbies seemed to be pretty good, so i purchased it from them. they mailed it same day.
RaptorFlier is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-21-2009, 11:20 AM   #20 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Great deal! I'm holding out for the brushless version with the 2801 transmitter... I think it will be selling for about $300... You paid a bit less, but got ton's of extras... I call that a very good deal!

WowHobbies is great... you won't have any problems. They usually pack the extras in the actual heli carton (not in the shipping box), so don't wig out when you open the shipping box and only see the heli box inside!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in