Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Antique Out of Production and Vintage Helicopters > Outrage RC

Outrage RC Outrage RC - and XP Li-Po Factory Support Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-15-2011, 04:42 PM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi folks,

Some time ago i started thread in CAD/CAM branch but as long as it comes real i disidet to shift to this theme instead.

So... finally i got my frames from a good friend with CNC machine and was able to spend some time on my version of E-velocity. Main idea of this conversion is to use as less as possible additional parts as possible and here's only 3 of them - outrage 550 motor mount main shaft bearing block and shim plate for Scorpion motor. All the rest is from nitro version, stock parts.

Check this out and click to zooooom! :

Setup is 10S 3300 (25C series), motor Scorpion 740KV, main gear stock 129T, pinion 13T 0.8 modulus. Head speed should be ~2200RPM for comfort 3D and it's FBL. Blades 600mmSAB but I`m waiting SWE 630 to come and use as regular ones.

Frame now is of 2mm carbon but it's way too heavy (230g for all carbon parts) and total weight of the heli (with blades, canopy and batteries) is 3500g. (there is no receiver and CC-BEC PRO mounted yet but i've added their weight in total calculation). So i plan to shift to 1.6mm carbon to reduce total weight closer to 3400g.

All parts fits very nicely but still, i found a lot of slight changes has to be made on this frame to make it perfect.

Hope to get my BEC on Monday and have a good weather to throw this thing in the air next week.
Fell free to comment critique or advise :-) !
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-15-2011, 06:25 PM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

Comparing that to the Fusion, the batteries seem more forward, is that the balance point where you have them? Are you planning on selling the frames? Have you come up with a price?
kazager is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-16-2011, 07:46 AM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by kazager View Post
Comparing that to the Fusion, the batteries seem more forward, is that the balance point where you have them?
Yes, they are at the point of perfect balance right now. BUT, after some tweaking of the frame and adding CC BEC and receiver they will move a bit backwards.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kazager View Post
Are you planning on selling the frames? Have you come up with a price?
Hopefully yes. Can't tell the price yet.
Old 01-16-2011, 08:59 AM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

I wish they will sell a coversion kit still or atleast release the manual/parts explosion so we can make a list of what parts it would take for the conversion. I don't need to have the smaller canopy or the newer looking tail. Just need it to be e-power but not so overly fabricated that if something happens then the parts bolt easily back on.
HugoCraft is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-20-2011, 09:57 AM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

nice work , keep us in the loop im interested and watching-got any video of it flyin?
Old 01-20-2011, 11:46 AM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

Sorry, no vids yet. Simply can't find spare time to draw extra battery plate.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in