Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Walkera Helicopters

Walkera Helicopters Walkera Helicopter Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-23-2009, 08:11 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Help with Gyro and radio takeover!!!

My walkera prodicts seem to be ok but there is a main setback that i need help with. The gyro works through all ranges of adjustment, but when i turn the cyclic gain above 50% in the rudder adjustment, the gyro light turns on and then moves all the way to the extent of the servo control. It still functions, but it does not sit in center or react to the "range" setting. Please help... the gyro has "limit" and "gain" knobs, and two switches "invert" and "ds or nor". I know what these do, except for the difference between "ds" (digital servo) and "nor" (analog servo), and i dont know if it is the radio or the gyro taking over. I think after the radio gain is set above 50%, the gyro reaches its "coupling state, but i still dont understand why it would go to the extent to center its control. my gyro is set to analog servo.. :dance

Last edited by ZAOAOAOZ; 02-24-2009 at 08:37 AM..
ZAOAOAOZ is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-24-2009, 08:24 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Heading hold normally can creep to one side (and its normal)... it will also not return itself to center while in heading hold mode....

That being said.. eish.. another walkera.... good luck chuck :-)
Radiomaster TX16S
Fade-Dude is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-24-2009, 12:26 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Creep is normal in Heading Hold. How does it fly?
700 size scale Bell Jet Ranger 206BIII, 450 size scale UH-1N, 180 size fpv race/freestyle quad w/Fatshark Dominator V3 goggles, mCPX BL, some edf jets and a plank or two, DX8, AMA# 923167, Clubs: Silver Hills RC, Coeur D Alene Modelers Association
JasonJ is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-24-2009, 03:30 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Default Flying

Well i made a stand to setup all my helicopter needs, (posted here) and when i throttle it up the gain is just a little weak, I need about 65% on a typical scale, but after I hit 50% the helicopter goes wild and spins as fast as it can out of control. I dont know why this is set this way, youd think the gain should just be a 1- 100% typical gain adjustment, but no, somebody had to add just a little more technology and boom Im screwed. Gotta buy all the right stuff in pairs or it wont work. You know, there are two things I havent tried, 1. setting my gyro to digital servo, and removing the gyro altogether and see if it is the gyro taking over, or the controllers design to "couple to the gyro" after 50% gain. Im going to write walkera.
Old 02-24-2009, 03:35 PM   #5 (permalink)
Team Taco VP

My HF Map location

I moved this to the Walkera forum as I figured you would get a LOT more responses and help to your question in here rather than the main forum.

Bob
Finless is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-27-2009, 03:04 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

What heli and TX is it you have ZAOAOAOZ?
Blade 400, mSR, mCPX - Sonix SX450SE - Walkera 1#A, 4#3, 4#3A, 4#3B, 4G3
Dusty1000 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-02-2009, 07:15 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

I own a walkera wk-0701 radio, and all walkera electronics with an exi 450. Great helicopter... cheesy remote???
Old 03-03-2009, 04:37 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'm not familiar with either your TX, heli, or electronics, perhaps someone who is can advise.

I would guess that below 50% gain your gyro is in rate mode, and over 50% it is in HH mode. How does the tail behave when in rate mode? Ideally you want to start off by adjusting the position of the tail slider so that the tail holds as well as possible in rate mode with no rudder trim.
Blade 400, mSR, mCPX - Sonix SX450SE - Walkera 1#A, 4#3, 4#3A, 4#3B, 4G3
Dusty1000 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-07-2009, 06:18 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Final Reply, I fixed It

Well, after understanding and downloading the instruction manual, I found that the gyro adjustment locks into "lock" mode where the gyro takes full control over the heli. I dont like that and understand not why they do that, but I guess even though they should have done this through a whole new setting or switch, they cheapened their product and said anything over 50% do something else. Im not a big fan of my radio, and I am upgrading to a more sophisticated heli radio. Thx for all replies.
Old 04-13-2009, 02:18 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZAOAOAOZ View Post
Well, after understanding and downloading the instruction manual, I found that the gyro adjustment locks into "lock" mode where the gyro takes full control over the heli. I dont like that and understand not why they do that, but I guess even though they should have done this through a whole new setting or switch, they cheapened their product and said anything over 50% do something else. Im not a big fan of my radio, and I am upgrading to a more sophisticated heli radio. Thx for all replies.

No matter what the gyro always has full control of the tail. Thats the way it is. ALWAYS. No matter what gyro.

The "greater then 50% = lock mode" is normal for most gyros. This allows you to configure a spare channel on the tx/rx as a remote gain control so you can switch between 'Rate' and 'Heading Hold'. This is a feature that allows you to adjust the gyro while in flight.

Think of it this way
0%=100% gain in rate mode.
25%=50% gain in rate mode
75%=50% gain in HH mode
100%=100% gain in HH mode

And you can adjust this with a spare chan on your tx.
Kevo450 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in