Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > nano CP X Brushless Mods

nano CP X Brushless Mods Blade nano CP X Brushless Mods Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-20-2014, 02:32 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Best Nano CPx Upgrades

I have been flying a stock Nano as well as HH BL upgrade Nano for quite some time now. I'm looking to bling one out now though. I will probably buy a brand new kit, and work with all new parts.

What is everyone using in terms of frame, head, swashplate, and skids? I plan on getting the AD Wild V2 Brushless Kit as well.
Advertisement

Old 08-20-2014, 03:07 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

CNC swashplate, Lynx main shaft and 42mm. tail prop, solid tail boom, any AD brushless conversion kit, direct solder every thing, upgrade the wiring and better batteries. Everything else is a waste of money, doesn't add to the performance of the heli and just adds weight. Oh I forgot, Jim Stoll's nCPX canopy pin gizmo.
Old 09-19-2014, 03:32 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

i have 3 nano's and they are fun to fly, but a "bling" heli is the most pointless thing to build...bling might as well mean "heavy as hell", you need to run brushless just to get off the ground, and it has no floatiness at all, you cut power and it drops like a rock rather than hanging in midair for a second, weighing 2 to 3 times more than stock means it falls with 2-3 times more impact...not to mention the extreme amount of money you will be spending to end up with a helicopter that flies worse than stock, and yes, they do, ive flown several blinged out nano's and they are terrible...

with the nano you want to upgrade the motor and swashplate, and as little else as possible, saving the weight is number one, then increasing power, and then strengthening parts...

you are sooooo much better off spending that money on a trex 150, the stock trex is more powerful than a wild upgraded nano, almost the same size, and parts are half the price.

of course the biggest factor is the main chips on the trex don't fail every 200 flights, align is a 1000X better company than eflite, there is a reason there are a BUNCH of companies who exist only because so many people are unsatisfied with their cheeply made and poorly designed blade helicopters...there are upgrade part companies because Blade charges way to much for tiny bits of plastic, and design them to break too easily, brushless upgrade companies, because they cut corners and use the most inefficient and short lived motors on the market to cut costs and there are board repair companies, because they knowingly ship their nano's and some other models with defective main boards, and then blame the problem on you after you sit on hold for 2 hours waiting to get a replacement...

align has none of that, just quality helicopters that do what they were designed to do and do what they say it will do...along with replacement parts that are durable and reasonably priced...
sethf8403 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-04-2014, 10:32 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Wow Seth.. Bitter much? I feel the exact same way about anything with the align name on it... But that's why there are different choices..
1000 times better? Really? Have you ever gotten bad customer service from horizon? I never have..
Their stuff is made of plastic because plastic is cheap.. But plastic is also more crash resistant.. And let's face it.. The nano is going to crash
You know why there are upgrades for micro's? Because people will buy them.. You know why there are so many for blade helicopters? Because there are so many out there.
Know why blade helicopters seem to have more problems than any of the others? Because there are so many out there.. Sheer numbers gets you more problems.. Especially in mass produced products. let's say 5% of anything made will have problems, that is an abstract number I pulled out of my.... Doesn't sound so bad if you only make 100.. Or 1000... But what if you make 10000.. Or 100000.. I think you get the point.
look how busy the blade forums are.. Talk as much crap as you want.. They are popular for a reason. It's a reasonably priced product backed by excellent customer service. Plus, out of the box BNF...
I sold a few friends on the nano and one of them killed the battery like a lot of other people have had.. Horizon sent him a new motor and board,, for free... It was the motor.. Now he is flying around and has a spare board.
Lastly...These things weren't meant to last forever, they are going to break and wear out, Enjoy them while they last.
Diabolo S #41
TDR 2
The others come and go..
craigdieselmac is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-04-2014, 10:51 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

I've had over a dozen nCPX's, 2 bought new, the rest bought used or traded...and in every configuration from bone stock to massive bling.

The best of the bunch is the Dbl Bl DFC built by MegaStumbler...hands down the cream of the crop

Even with it's massive weight and mild conversion, it flies the pants off every other version I've had...including 3 HH Bl's that went south quickly.

The rest had minor issues with tail motors and such, but all had power issues.

The DFC flies great...rock solid...no blowout whatsoever...crashes and gets back up to do it again

About twice the investment of the HH Bl mod, but 10 times the performance
JonJet is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-11-2014, 10:11 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Jon, can you provide the link to that build?

In regards to HH and customer service, they have been great. I have a few problems with different birds and purchases, but they really work to make it right and don't hesitate to get you back out and flying again. I've had a bad board, they just shipped out a new one, I had to return a red bull 130, new one sent right back. I've called them more than a few times and they really have been great.
Old 12-11-2014, 11:45 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flexin View Post
Jon, can you provide the link to that build?
Sure...

www.megasmicros.com

Let him know what you want and send him the beginning...he'll finish it up and send it back ready to rip holes in the sky
JonJet is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in