Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Thunder Tiger 30/50

Thunder Tiger 30/50 Raptor 30, Raptor 50 Helicopters

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-21-2015, 04:41 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Message From HRP

Greetings Thunder Tiger Customers,

This is Ryan Wood, Marketing Manager of HRP. It is unfortunate that I have to address you under these circumstances.

Over the past few months, many of you have been inquiring about parts support for Thunder Tiger helicopters. I sincerely apologize to all of our customers who have been left in the dark over the availability of parts and what models will be supported in the future. A variety of factors have prevented us from getting the parts you need, but that is no excuse for a lack of open communication to our loyal customer base. I am deeply disappointed by our actions, and we are taking steps to repair the trust that has been lost. Here are some immediate actions we are taking to rectify the situation:

• HRP is meeting face-to-face with Thunder Tiger management this week. The goal of these meetings is to get definitive answers regarding parts support for all active heli models for the short term and long term future. Once the information is provided and confirmed, I will share via this forum.

• We will be utilizing new purchasing software that will allow us to respond to parts demand more quickly. We plan on having at least two air shipments per month direct from the Thunder Tiger factory. With this new process the turnaround time should be no more than 3-4 weeks, if Thunder Tiger has stock of the requested items.

• We are aligning more resources to provide improved customer service, purchasing and technical support. We will also be providing more direct support to the Thunder Tiger heli team.

• We have changed our ordering system on hobbyrecreationproducts.com so that customers may backorder out-of-stock items. Once again availability is subject to the Thunder Tiger factory’s stock levels.

We realize the trust has been broken but we are dedicated to fully supporting the Thunder Tiger heli product line in the future.

Best Regards,

Ryan Wood
Ryan Wood HRP is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-02-2015, 05:35 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan Wood HRP View Post
HRP is meeting face-to-face with Thunder Tiger management this week. The goal of these meetings is to get definitive answers regarding parts support for all active heli models for the short term and long term future. Once the information is provided and confirmed, I will share via this forum.
Ryan,

I appreciate the transparency. I've got a new 50 Titan SE sitting in a box that's a heckuva lot more valuable there as compared to assembled w/o parts support. So I'm keenly interested in knowing the state of affairs for the future state of Raptor parts from HRP.

Since the meeting should have been concluded by now, are there any updates?

Thanks,
Frank

Last edited by franklin_m; 05-02-2015 at 05:39 AM.. Reason: correct heli version type
franklin_m is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-02-2015, 08:52 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I want to know also!... I have two Raptors...
Old 05-02-2015, 09:06 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Me too! I have 1) 30 2) 50's and 1) 90 to be concerned about.
jamiejap77 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-30-2015, 06:25 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I don't know how the rest of you feel, but the lack of a response is starting to concern me.
Old 05-31-2015, 06:30 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

never again will I buy tt. 2 helis grounded over a few simple,common parts!
rcflier1 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-31-2015, 07:48 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I'm going to give them a couple more weeks before I give up on TT. Ryan posted something on the otheRR site that made it sound like they would have an annoucement of some sort soon. Apparently, they've been meeting (teleconferencing?) with TT daily.

Sad thing is that there isn't another 700 on the market right now that interests me. However, I went without a 700 for years and I think I can go without until the new plastic Logo700 shows up.

I keep wondering where Nick Maxwell is getting his parts.

Last edited by prototype3a; 06-01-2015 at 07:32 AM..
prototype3a is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-13-2015, 08:35 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

any new updates??
joecass2 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-14-2015, 06:25 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

yea, read the new post! tuff on us
Old 06-14-2015, 08:27 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

do you have a link can't seem to find it thanks
joecass2 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-15-2015, 07:09 AM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

the link is in the raptor 90 forum
Old 07-21-2015, 03:40 AM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Discounted Model Replacement Offer

If we buy one of the discounted model replacements, how do we know that we won't be right back here in a year or two?
GizmoWizard is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-22-2015, 07:25 AM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

EXACTLY!
Old 07-27-2015, 02:26 PM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by GizmoWizard View Post
If we buy one of the discounted model replacements, how do we know that we won't be right back here in a year or two?
Which is the exact reason I sold mine - which in itself was a shame!
Old 08-16-2015, 09:50 AM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by GizmoWizard View Post

Well, you don't. But the Raptor was one of the longest supported helis ever, no? Thunder tiger doesn't exactly have the reputation for bailing. Nitro is dead. Sure people still fly it, myself included, but nitro is dead. Thunder tiger fell victim to that. Doubt there is much they coulda done.
minatrix is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in