Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Align 3G FBL System > Align 3GX FBL System

Align 3GX FBL System Align 3GX FBL Flybarless System Software and Hardware Support

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-31-2014, 03:27 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default 3GX setup on Align Trex600DFC and a DX8

I have set a 3 GX up on a 450 and a 500 DFC ok but my Align Trex 600E DFC is proving a hard nut to crack...

I have had so many attempts where I give up on lift off because it SCARES ME!

Usually I got horrible tail wag....I am starting to think after leveling the swashplate many times and getting a zero pitch that oh maybe my
GAIN (gyro) could be set as LOW AS 35% ? Should I try a gain this low?
The Manuel recommends 70% so I think maybe I am wrong trying a gyro gain so low?

Any ideas much appreciated.
Flyfun10 is offline        Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-31-2014, 03:28 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyfun10 View Post
I have set a 3 GX up on a 450 and a 500 DFC ok but my Align Trex 600E DFC is proving a hard nut to crack...

Usually I got horrible tail wag....I am starting to think after leveling the swashplate many times and getting a zero pitch that oh maybe my
The Manuel recommends 70% so I think maybe I am wrong trying a gyro gain so low?

Have you remembered to set your gyro gain to Aux2 in the Tx if using sats?
Bonkievan is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 01-31-2014, 03:30 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Yes.
Old 01-31-2014, 03:39 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Please excuse me for putting some simple ideas out there,..............don't mean to condescend......

No binding on the tail, tail rod ,Tail servo good?......
Bonkievan is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 01-31-2014, 10:38 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyfun10 View Post

As far as I can tell, Align manual recommendation of 70% is for transmitter that uses 50%-100% for HH. On DX8, it is 0-100% for HH. This roughly translates to starting point of ~40% on DX8 and increase/reduce from there. I would double check your transmitter programming and it is programmed with right channel assignment for the gyro sensitivity menu. Also double check the right size model for the tail delay in tail set up, should be large heli for 600.

I have been just using channel end points for tail gyro gain, in order to get the channel assignment thing in the transmitter programming out of the equation.
nameci is online now        Quick reply to this message
Old 02-02-2014, 03:12 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Exclamation I reset my model and started from scratch!

Many thanks for contributions....

I set gyro at 70 and it worked a treat, reset all the data on my transmitter and started from scratch, it was NOT A MECHANICAL FAULT AT ALL! It did not oscillate at all at the recommended 70% for gyro settings on the transmitter.

My new Castle ESC controller accepted the 100% travel as well! as when I first installed it it needed 137% on the lower limit or it would spool up just by plugging in the battery.

Funnily enough my settings for the transmitter seemed to be exactly the same. Shows what a good reset can do! Bit like all the phones I have had too. I think I may have never tuned my transmitter properly without a RESET.
Old 02-02-2014, 03:12 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Exclamation I reset my DX8 and started from scratch!

Many thanks for contributions....

I set gyro at 70 and it worked a treat, reset all the data on my transmitter and started from scratch, it was NOT A MECHANICAL FAULT AT ALL! It did not oscillate at all at the recommended 70% for gyro settings on the transmitter.

My new Castle ESC controller accepted the 100% travel as well! as when I first installed it it needed 137% on the lower limit or it would spool up just by plugging in the battery.

Funnily enough my settings for the transmitter seemed to be exactly the same. Shows what a good reset can do! Bit like all the phones I have had too. I think I may have never tuned my transmitter properly without a RESET.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in