Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Walkera Helicopters > Mini CP

Mini CP Walkera Mini CP Helicopter Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-23-2014, 07:28 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Repair / troubleshooting guides?

Is there any troubleshooting or repair guides for the mini cp to be had?
snagged is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-01-2014, 05:12 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

In my opinion, walkera's customer service sucks and to my knowledge there isn't an established troubleshooting guide. I usually ask these forums for help. What's your issue? Maybe we can help...
Old 04-02-2014, 12:27 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Thanx for your reply MiniCP, The only issue that I'm having is my helli (Mini CP) does not hover properly. It either drifts to the left sideways or drifts backwards. I've tried adjusting trims and it kind of sort of helps but it doesn't really help that much. Have tried to level the swash plate and that gets kind of confusing when coming to adjusting pitch levels. The manuals that came with my set seems to have been badly translated from Chinese. The user manual talks about setup with devo8 and mine came with Devo7E. and the user manual for the Devo7E does not address settings for specific aircrafts. It would be nice to have some sort of guide that say if your hell is doing this then check / adjust that. If your hell does not do that the replace this. and then explain the steps on how to do that. My RTF kit did come with 2 tiny allen wrenches and a funny looking plastic screw driver but lacked info on what the purpose they are used for. So for now I'm trying my best , by searching the internet for help. Would love more details about the settings for Devo 7e. I also been wondering how to go about switching from one flight mode to another. the manuals just said that it has a beginner , intermediate and advance modes but didn't explain how to switch between them. Thanx for your help.
Old 04-04-2014, 01:05 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hay snagged, is it a dramatic drift or does it slowly start drifting? CP helis drift a lot and require more controlling than fixed pitch helis (sorry if this sounds basic I'm not sure of your level of experience) so normally it would drift.

Trims work when trying to balance out the heli mid flight, however once the heli is unbound to the transmitter after the flight, the previously made trims will act as if they were set to zero. And you'd have to re-trim starting from where you left off (let's say you trimmed to the right about five clicks yesterday) so the five clicks to the left act as if they're on zero and you'd need to move it another five clicks for it to be balanced out again. And so on.

When I was waiting for my new receiver to arrive, I decided I may as well level the swashplate to try and get this bird in top shape. The way I did it was by taking off all five links, I was able to measure that each link was the same exact height (the two connecting to the rotor head should be longer by default). Now if you're worried about getting the servos at 90 degrees, I manually moved all the sevos to their 90 degree positions... As best as my eyes can see anyway. Then I put the three servo links onto the servos and rested them on the swashplate ball connectors (you can connect them if you want but i wanted to save time in case I wanted to shorten or lengthen the links) to see if the sawshplate was centered on the mainshaft looking from servos to rotor head. Once that's taken care of you can connect the top two links and power on your heli. Make sure throttle hold is on then move your stick to mid position and turn the propellers next to each other (such that when you move throttle one moves up and one moves down). The goal is to get them exactly at the same height when you're at mid stick. Judging the blades' heights, shorten or lengthen the links to adjust it. This might not be the best way to do it but it's how i did it at least, and it seems to have worked

If still after leveling swash and pitch links your heli drifts, there's a slight chance your board is defective. But I'm not very familiar with these boards so I wouldn't jump to that conclusion.

If still it drifts, but it's only a little drift, learn to fly with it anyway because small drifts aren't very noticeable in fff or hard 3D maneuvers. Hope this helps in any way... Good luck man!

Happy flying!
Old 04-04-2014, 12:40 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

I'm new to all this and only experience that I have with helicopters besides real ones when I was in the Navy is a month playing with an Airhog Gyroblade, so needles to say this is all new to me. My drifting issue seem drastic to me as my hell does drift at a pretty good clip and to adjust for it is kind of difficult as I usually kill power to drop it before it gets to far away and crashing it agaist a tree or a house or a car. I did find Finless Bob's video page here in the forums and found them to be most helpful with set ups and such. They do make sense of the provided users manuals. Along with your tips and the videos I'll attempt to mechanically adjust. my hell and see what happens. Thanx again for your help

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in