Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Simulators Support > RealFlight Flight Sim

RealFlight Flight Sim All versions of RealFlight Sim

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-19-2007, 08:05 PM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

When you first turn on G4, look at the first screen. You will see a tab that says "additional options". Click on that and register and you will get a update that will correct it.

Download and install the available update.
Turn off G4 and restart.
Now import the models again.

Note: When importing, be sure to use the third option for gtx files. Also you will only be able to import files from G3 and G3.5. Earlier versions will not work with G4.

Will work now.
Billybuck is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-26-2007, 09:19 PM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

This is a GREAT model for RF.... It has improved my muscle memory for the TREX a bunch....

But I am getting a slight list with these variants. at a hover, the rotor is about 3 degrees starboard low. The only adjustment I have made is the flybar weight. Anybody have ideas?
Retired list: Gaui200 BladeCX2
58Gemni is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-27-2007, 12:43 AM   #23 (permalink)
HF Support

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 58Gemni View Post
This is a GREAT model for RF.... It has improved my muscle memory for the TREX a bunch....

But I am getting a slight list with these variants. at a hover, the rotor is about 3 degrees starboard low. The only adjustment I have made is the flybar weight. Anybody have ideas?
This is normal for clockwise rotation main rotor helicopters. I believe there is a thread on this in the T-Rex 450 sub-forum. Have a look!
ChrisH is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-27-2007, 10:04 PM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

Got it... read it... thanks a bunch
Retired list: Gaui200 BladeCX2
58Gemni is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-27-2007, 10:18 PM   #25 (permalink)
HF Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by 58Gemni View Post
Got it... read it... thanks a bunch
No problem. Have fun with the model!
Old 12-03-2007, 11:16 AM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thank you for putting out a great model. I really love it
Kinta is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-08-2007, 03:08 PM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

This model is great. It is the only one I am using, as it is the closest thing to my RCT-450 I could find.
700 size scale Bell Jet Ranger 206BIII, 450 size scale UH-1N, 180 size fpv race/freestyle quad w/Fatshark Dominator V3 goggles, mCPX BL, some edf jets and a plank or two, DX8, AMA# 923167, Clubs: Silver Hills RC, Coeur D Alene Modelers Association
JasonJ is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-14-2007, 06:25 PM   #28 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default can't download

Hello All,
I have been trying to download this model all evening. Any chance there is someone out there willing to email the EA to me?

thanks.

Disregaurd. I got the file from Bryce.

no time to surf the web. MUST FLY SIM!

Last edited by AbdnAllHope; 12-14-2007 at 07:45 PM..
AbdnAllHope is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-29-2007, 02:42 PM   #29 (permalink)

Default RF G4 Trex

Hi all I just bought the G4 and uploaded it to my Desktop. I have registed and checked for any updates.

problem is I cant seem to upload this Great Trex everyone is talking about. Kind of a let down cause I have the real thing behind me but have only hovered it twice.

I have gone to "Import" and then selected the "g3x" file and a line comes up on the bottom of the sim screen that says it cant upload it because this AC does not exist in its files. I have uploaded the files from cutting edge to MY Documents.

Why isnt this working

Please help and thanks

Trevor
vettster is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-29-2007, 05:03 PM   #30 (permalink)
HF Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vettster View Post
Hi all I just bought the G4 and uploaded it to my Desktop. I have registed and checked for any updates.

problem is I cant seem to upload this Great Trex everyone is talking about. Kind of a let down cause I have the real thing behind me but have only hovered it twice.

I have gone to "Import" and then selected the "g3x" file and a line comes up on the bottom of the sim screen that says it cant upload it because this AC does not exist in its files. I have uploaded the files from cutting edge to MY Documents.

Why isnt this working

Please help and thanks

Trevor
Please read this thread.
Old 12-29-2007, 08:12 PM   #31 (permalink)

Default G4

Thanks for that. But I figured it out. It seems that once youve uploaded it to the G4 list of AC. It puts the Trex into a folder of its own at the top of the list. I dosnt appear as Trex with all the other AC you have to open this folder.

And Now that ive been able to use it. WOW!! it really is impressive.

Good job.

Hope this helps other G4 owners
vettster is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-29-2007, 08:15 PM   #32 (permalink)
HF Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vettster View Post
Thanks for that. But I figured it out. It seems that once youve uploaded it to the G4 list of AC. It puts the Trex into a folder of its own at the top of the list. I dosnt appear as Trex with all the other AC you have to open this folder.

And Now that ive been able to use it. WOW!! it really is impressive.

Good job.

Hope this helps other G4 owners
That's the way G3.x works as well. As you can see, all of the G4 aircraft are in a folder called "G4 Aircraft" or something of the like. Obviously, when you import something, it's NOT coming from G4 so it won't be in that list.
Old 01-01-2008, 03:17 AM   #33 (permalink)

I seem to be the only one with this issue, but when I import and open this Trex, the main blades, tail blads, and flybar are all off (I think they are the 600 size...). I changed the measurements in the edit menu, but I still couldn't get the heli to take off. Anyone else having this problem? Thanks.
M249 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-01-2008, 06:41 PM   #34 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Sorry to hear you are having problems installing this model.
Could you please explain in detail how you imported the model?
Which version of Realflight do you have?
phrank is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-01-2008, 08:30 PM   #35 (permalink)

I downloaded it from the knifeedge website and simply followed the usual import procedures: I opened realflight, went to import, selected KEX, found the file and imported it. It then says on screen that the import was successful, but when I open the model everything I previously described is off. I have RealFlight G4. I have been having problems connecting to the web on my other computer (the windows one), so maybe I need to figure that problem out and then update G4 in order for the model to work properly?
Old 01-01-2008, 11:50 PM   #36 (permalink)
Registered Users

Use the Realflight Archive option to import.
Billybuck is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-01-2008, 11:52 PM   #37 (permalink)
HF Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by M249 View Post
I downloaded it from the knifeedge website and simply followed the usual import procedures: I opened realflight, went to import, selected KEX, found the file and imported it. It then says on screen that the import was successful, but when I open the model everything I previously described is off. I have RealFlight G4. I have been having problems connecting to the web on my other computer (the windows one), so maybe I need to figure that problem out and then update G4 in order for the model to work properly?
Mmm, there's your error! Don't select "import KEX", select "import G3X". At least that's how it is in G3.5 ...
Old 01-02-2008, 01:33 AM   #38 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I have G3 and the two 450 downloads on first page. How come one of the models breaks at tailboom right away and other model you have to hit full throttle before it also in some way self distructs?

Thanks
ICHItheKILLER is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-02-2008, 01:48 AM   #39 (permalink)

Thanks for your replies guys! I tried importing using the archive method (the import G3X method) but when I do, G4 won't recognize anything in the 450 folder as import-able. It only sees the KEX file when I try it that way, but then it imports all messed up. Has anyone else used this heli in G4 that could maybe let me know how I should properly do this?
Old 01-02-2008, 02:01 AM   #40 (permalink)
HF Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by M249 View Post
Thanks for your replies guys! I tried importing using the archive method (the import G3X method) but when I do, G4 won't recognize anything in the 450 folder as import-able. It only sees the KEX file when I try it that way, but then it imports all messed up. Has anyone else used this heli in G4 that could maybe let me know how I should properly do this?
OK, I think I got this. There shouldn't be a "450 folder". When you download the file, Windows will probably think it's a .zip. Delete the .zip ending so it's just .G3X. Then, import the .G3X file.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in