Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Jeti Duplex Radio Systems

Jeti Duplex Radio Systems Jeti Duplex Radio Systems Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-23-2012, 12:06 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default DS16, DX8, or 14SG

Is the Jeti that good? How can they compete against the guys who have been in this business for years? I do like the way it looks.
#1 TDR, Trex 450, 550, 600N, and 700N
chris982 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-23-2012, 05:27 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris982 View Post
Is the Jeti that good? How can they compete against the guys who have been in this business for years? I do like the way it looks.
Jeti has been around for a while. These 16 channel transmitter series radios have been released in Europe for over two years. What makes Jeti stand out from the crowd is build quality, telemetry, programming options, and the ability to easily move any switch to any position easily. The gimbals are on 9 ball bearings which make it the smoothest movement I've seen. They also use hall sensors rather than pots so there is no pots to wear out. The hall sensors provide 4,096 steps in the movement. Cases are aluminum. Recievers output traditional single servo output for each of the 16 channels available or you can configure the receiver to output all 16 channels via PPM so you can wire FBL or Drone controllers using a single cable that accept PPM signals.

From a programming standpoint you can configure just about anything you want. You can configure each stick, slide, knob or switch to do what you want it to do. In the DS-16 there are acelerometers that can also be set to any function. There is virtually an unlimited amount of model memory. You can load MP3 music and have it play back while you are flying. You can record your own voice and commands and play them back. I have a friend that now has all his IMAC routine played back as he flies. There a stock 3,5,7,9 point throttle curves, plus you can add as many as you want. There are other stock 'curves' available. You can program servo speeds in any direction. you can set up logical switches and a host of custom mixes tied to any flight mode. You can establish any number of flight modes assigned to any switch. The list goes on and on.

The best feature in my opinion is the real time telemetry. All telemetry can be recorded, displayed and/or spoken based on your configuration. The telemetry can be displayed live in real time. It can also be spoken to you at set intervals or on conditions. You can also play it back on your computer. Lets say you want to know how many amps your motor has consumed. You can set it up to warn you after you have consumed X amps, you can program a switch so every time you hit it it tells you the amps consumed or you can set an acelerometer to tell you amps consumed when you tilt the radio to the right or left or front or back....all your choice. Transmitter battery life, receiver pack battery life and signal strength data comes as an integral part of the system.

The display is the largest out there and is mounted on the top of the radio for easy viewing.

This is all in a package for less than $1,300.00. There are too many things to list, but you can see more at http://circlecityhelis.com/jeti-dupl...first-30-sales and you can download the manual at http://file.espritmodel.com/document...jeti-dc-16.pdf

Lou
www.circlecityhelis.com
lperagallo is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-23-2012, 05:28 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

They have an absolutely amazing feature set. There's a remarkable difference in the quality of the build as well as the functionality of the system vs the others. Its like comparing a Ford model T to a modern Sports car.
Old 12-23-2012, 08:56 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

How much will the smaller one cost? I think its the DS16.
#1 TDR, Trex 450, 550, 600N, and 700N
chris982 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-23-2012, 09:01 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

So are you buying one Seasick ? Im tempted & thinking about it
jchen is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-23-2012, 10:58 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Any news regarding the release date of the DS-16.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
stathis is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-23-2012, 11:35 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris982 View Post
How much will the smaller one cost? I think its the DS16.
I am running a special for a limited time offer for only at $1,295.00 with a 9 channel receiver included. Once the special is over the cost will be $1,495.00 without a receiver.

It comes with a transmitter, case, wall charger that actually works, and USB connector to use for connection to your PC. You can update your firmware and load playback logs with the USB.

You can pre-order with a $390.00 deposit at http://circlecityhelis.com/jeti-dupl...adio-pre-order

Lou
www.circlecityhelis.com
lperagallo is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in