Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopters > Aerial Videography and Photography

Aerial Videography and Photography Aerial Video/Photo from R/C Helicopters

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-18-2005, 12:00 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Broadcast 360

I recently entered the world of AP with a company in Kansas. Been having fun flying thier Observer and getting some bugs worked out. (dang tail pitch slider keeps hanging up).......anyway. Mike, the owner of Aerial Images, Harry-cam. operator, and myself met with Jody this past weekend and shot some video at a relative's residence. While there we picked up a new mount, the Broadcast 360. I just thought I'd post here and see if anyone else has tried one out.

I would have liked to have gotten more stick time with it but the Benzin I had strapped to it was set up with a soft head and semi semetrical blades. It was pretty windy out. The heli lifted it with no problems with a head speed of about 1400. In the week to come I'll be using a Benzin that's set up for it and should yeild great results. If anybody's interested I'll post my results.
"Size it up, then scale it down"
Christopher J is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-18-2005, 01:33 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

id like to hear about it as I am interested in a cam mount in the near future. Please post pics also
Garland is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-18-2005, 05:46 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Here is a pic of the Broadcast 360 that Jody brought to us this past weekend.

Not only does he make a nice mount but he hand delivered it!! How about that for service?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 100_0830.jpg (746.8 KB, 429 views)
Old 04-18-2005, 07:35 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

just currious, what camera are you using with that mount? and what's the little black box on the left top corner of the pan/tilt part.. a remote shutter control? is that an option for the camera or something you special ordered. Very interested in that mount, got any more pictures of it?
Old 04-18-2005, 09:08 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

We are using either a Cannon for still shots (can't remember which model, sorry, but will find out. ) or we are using a Sony SX 2000 3 CCD video cam. The little black box is for the Cannon. We can power on/off zoom in/out and record or stand by from the Tx using the little box as an interface between the receiver and the cam. For the Cannon the little box interface the contro to make the zoom function and to snap shots. Pretty neat. It was special ordered I believe. You can reach Aerial Images at 913-642-7240 for more info.
Old 04-18-2005, 09:48 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

thanks for the info that's a prety cool feature. wonder if i could get something like that for a pentax? guess Ill just have to see do you know if they have a website?
Old 04-19-2005, 12:02 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

You'd have to get a hold of Mike. He could give you more information. I'd love to answer your question better but instead of guessing I'd rather refer you to the source.......

Actually come to think of it I believe we got ours from Jody at Helicam Solutions, not the one for the Canon still shot cam but for the Sony video cam.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in