Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 700 Class Electric Helicopters

700 Class Electric Helicopters 700 Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-03-2010, 10:32 PM   #161 (permalink)
Registered Users

I actually had a thermal shutdown twice on my Jive 80HV when mounted up front. I could only get it to do it when running a lower headspeed of 1950. At 2100 it doesn't skip a beat.

I've now added a heat sink so I'm crossing my fingers that it'll be good now.
blbills is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-03-2010, 11:20 PM   #162 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by blbills View Post
I actually had a thermal shutdown twice on my Jive 80HV when mounted up front. I could only get it to do it when running a lower headspeed of 1950. At 2100 it doesn't skip a beat.

I've now added a heat sink so I'm crossing my fingers that it'll be good now.
If you are using the Jive in conjunction with an Align 700M you will have to initiate Mode 10 in the Jive.
My guess is the ESC was blinking in groups of 8 blinks after the shutdown....??

Mick

aussiemick is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-04-2010, 06:34 AM   #163 (permalink)
col
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edvard R View Post
You don't really need to disregard the elevator, but it is important that you set the cyclic swash values to the same for aileron and elevator. Usually, this means the pitch range will be the same for both.

12 degrees is a lot on cyclic. I have rolled mine down to around 9 or 10 by using D/R after setup. You can use D/R to adjust to your liking as you fly. I will leave the 12 degrees to Szabo...

14 degrees is a good collective value with 2250 or so RPM. Makes it move about for sure...
Hi, my swash mix is aile 75, elev 86, pitch 47, so i get 11 degrees cyclic for aileron and elevator, if i lower my elevator to 75 to match my aileron than when i measure elevator cyclic i only get 9 degrees, so why would i do that, i want 11 on both, not 9 on elev and 11 on aileron..
Cheers Col
col is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-04-2010, 06:57 AM   #164 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Understand where you're coming from. The thing is you're not flying in setup mode, and while I can't explain the deeper details of what happens in flight mode, I have experienced that for instance piro flips are very uneven if the cyclic swash values are not the same.
I have the 3G on 5 helis now and it is the same on all. Roll and flip rates seem consistent.

Still, it seems you have yours working with different values, so I am guessing it is possible. Might just be me that's getting old and conservative
Edvard R is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-04-2010, 11:20 AM   #165 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussiemick View Post
If you are using the Jive in conjunction with an Align 700M you will have to initiate Mode 10 in the Jive.
My guess is the ESC was blinking in groups of 8 blinks after the shutdown....??

Mick
I am running in mode 10. It would be a hard cutoff if I wasn't. Instead the power just trickles off in 30 seconds or so. Plenty of time to bring it in safely. I love Kontronik!
blbills is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-04-2010, 05:19 PM   #166 (permalink)
Registered Users

There are 3 types of shutdown on the jive: thermal is slow shutdown, software is slow shutdown, hardware is hard shutdown.
helicraze is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-04-2010, 08:09 PM   #167 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by helicraze View Post
There are 3 types of shutdown on the jive: thermal is slow shutdown, software is slow shutdown, hardware is hard shutdown.
Yep - and the last one makes you love Kontronik just a little less...
I have not tried the 80HV up front on the 700E, but as Blbills says, I would not recommend that without a heat sink. Mine comes down at around 55-60 C. The 80HV would probably be 10-15 degrees more judging by my previous experience. That would likely cause the thermal. Head sink, maybe even with a fan, would be needed.
Old 06-04-2010, 10:44 PM   #168 (permalink)
Registered Users

I could not resist, i used mode 4 on my 80HV as its all i had (am waiting on a 120HV with mode 11/10) had a hard shutdown, but hey i learnt to auto LOL
Old 06-05-2010, 04:00 AM   #169 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by helicraze View Post
I could not resist, i used mode 4 on my 80HV as its all i had (am waiting on a 120HV with mode 11/10) had a hard shutdown, but hey i learnt to auto LOL
I hope the heli survived?
Old 06-05-2010, 06:32 PM   #170 (permalink)
Registered Users

Oh yes no damage, perfect auto LOL (not sure how that happened).

120HV is hard to find at the moment, so my friend is sending me his brand new unit and i will replace once they are back in stock, so flying next weekend. In the meantime i swapped out main and tails to radix.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in