Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopters > Newbies: Tips and Information

Newbies: Tips and Information Section of HF, specifically for Passing along info to newcomers to the hobby. Setup, tweaking, orientation practice, etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-04-2009, 12:23 PM   #61 (permalink)
Registered Users

Fantastic info... Thank you so much.. wish i had run into it before my crash... now its time to
Omhra is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-01-2009, 07:14 PM   #62 (permalink)
Registered Users

Smile Thanks

I'm new to 'proper' helicopters, only flown Co-axal stuff so far for the last 2 years.
I couldn't work out how to adjust the gain for my gyro on my DX7, thanks to your video on the DX7 I think I have it all worked out now. Many thanks!

Thanks Thanks Thanks Thanks Thanks Thanks Thanks Thanks Thanks Thanks Thanks Thanks Thanks Thanks Thanks Thanks Thanks Thanks Thanks Thanks Thanks Thanks Thanks Thanks Thanks Thanks Thanks Thanks Thanks Thanks Thanks Thanks Thanks Thanks Thanks Thanks Thanks Thanks Thanks Thanks Thanks Thanks Thanks Thanks Thanks Thanks Thanks Thanks Thanks Thanks Thanks Thanks Thanks Thanks Thanks Thanks Thanks Thanks Thanks Thanks Thanks Thanks Thanks Thanks Thanks Thanks Thanks Thanks Thanks Thanks Thanks Thanks Thanks Thanks Thanks Thanks Thanks Thanks Thanks Thanks Thanks Thanks Thanks Thanks Thanks Thanks Thanks Thanks Thanks Thanks Thanks Thanks Thanks Thanks Thanks Thanks Thanks Thanks Thanks Thanks Thanks Thanks Thanks Thanks Thanks Thanks Thanks Thanks Thanks Thanks Thanks Thanks Thanks Thanks Thanks Thanks Thanks Thanks Thanks Thanks Thanks Thanks Thanks Thanks Thanks Thanks Thanks Thanks Thanks Thanks Thanks Thanks Thanks Thanks Thanks Thanks Thanks Thanks Thanks Thanks Thanks Thanks Thanks Thanks Thanks Thanks Thanks Thanks Thanks Thanks Thanks Thanks Thanks Thanks Thanks Thanks Thanks Thanks Thanks Thanks Thanks Thanks Thanks Thanks Thanks Thanks Thanks Thanks Thanks Thanks Thanks Thanks Thanks Thanks Thanks Thanks Thanks Thanks Thanks Thanks Thanks Thanks Thanks Thanks Thanks Thanks Thanks Thanks Thanks Thanks Thanks Thanks Thanks Thanks Thanks Thanks Thanks Thanks
Frostbite is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-03-2009, 07:40 PM   #63 (permalink)
Registered Users

quick question:

crashed my blade cp pro2. bought new parts and a heli-max blade balancer. besides the fact that i paid %30 too much for it at my LHS, is this balancer any good? i read something about balancing a blade span-wise and chord-wise...i am pretty new to this but i am pretty sure that it doesnt balance chord wise...

i understand the balancing blades is important, but how much into the extreme do i have to go? i don't mind buying the koll balancer but is it necessary? is the heli-max good enough?

thanks,
G
neavissa is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-08-2009, 08:54 PM   #64 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

The complaints that I've heard about the Heli-Max balancer seem to focus on it's sturdiness, or lack thereof. What some have done is to permanently attach it to something solid so that the parts of the frame don't move around, that can affect it's accuracy.

On a heli the size of a blade CP, I would say that chordwise balance really isn't that important. The blades are so small that the chances of the chordwise CG being different enough to cause a problem are pretty slim. Just check the static balance and that the spanwise CG is in the same spot on both blades and you'll be fine. Check out Finless' Blade Balancing 101 vid. for more information.
j bomb is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-08-2009, 08:59 PM   #65 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by j bomb View Post
The complaints that I've heard about the Heli-Max balancer seem to focus on it's sturdiness, or lack thereof. What some have done is to permanently attach it to something solid so that the parts of the frame don't move around, that can affect it's accuracy.

On a heli the size of a blade CP, I would say that chordwise balance really isn't that important. The blades are so small that the chances of the chordwise CG being different enough to cause a problem are pretty slim. Just check the static balance and that the spanwise CG is in the same spot on both blades and you'll be fine. Check out Finless' Blade Balancing 101 vid. for more information.
thanks for the info. i returned, i should say tried to return, the heli-max balancer. i didn't like exactly what you pointed out. its to flimsy...however, i am gonna get the dupro tru-spin prop balancer. i wanna balance the rotor heat as well...i understand that with small helis like the cp pro, its not necessary to balance certain things...i just like doint it because i am bored out of my mind!!! LOL

thanks,
G
neavissa is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-22-2009, 08:43 AM   #66 (permalink)
Registered Users

Ihaven't seen them all, but so far really good thanks
fspilot is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-28-2009, 07:37 PM   #67 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi, I am new to Heli and this site. Thanks so much for all of this awesome information! I couldn't get the DX7 with GY401 video to load... I have been through most of the others already.
trekk114 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-11-2009, 02:57 PM   #68 (permalink)
Registered Users

Just fyi in case you didn't know...the battery guide link is no longer good...just an add to sell you that domain.

Not Good>>LiPo Basics: http://www.bladebusters.com/batteryguide.html

Otherwise this is all great...many thanks!!
wvflier is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-16-2009, 04:13 PM   #69 (permalink)
Registered Users

Tx for all the useful information kgfly!
I need a good schoolin!
yakflyer is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-29-2009, 09:48 AM   #70 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Newbie need help ! DX6i

Anyone could make a " how-to " video about programming a DX6i with a CP Pro2 and a B400 but not for full 3d for a newby how want to learn ? Thanks a lot !
RollinJo is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-30-2009, 10:49 AM   #71 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default tape

and also thank for the video's it help me a lot but know i need that align balancing tape and i cant find the part # anywhere on the web ? Could you help me ?any of you have the part # like this i could order it via my lhs , thanks again great job guys this forum is really educative for me !
RollinJo is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-30-2009, 02:18 PM   #72 (permalink)
Registered Users

I use black/white electrical tape.
Jerry Moore, AMA #878954,TARANIS OpenTX- Pantera 600 FB - Pantera .60 FB - Takes a licking and keeps on kicking! KISSAM = Keep It Simple Stupid: Affordable, Maintainable -
Visit Early and often - http://open-txu.org
Jermo is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-07-2010, 01:53 AM   #73 (permalink)
Registered Users

Good info!
Surg is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-27-2010, 11:10 PM   #74 (permalink)
Registered Users

Great ingo
dodongtisoy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-12-2010, 09:10 AM   #75 (permalink)
Registered Users

Great Info! thanks for compliing this!
Mnemic is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-27-2010, 10:40 PM   #76 (permalink)
Registered Users

Question different messages

Thank you for the 101 video's. I am a CP (SR) noob. have flown MCX and CX3 for 10 months and am very good. Question; are the head pieces, from top of rotor head to swashplate the same as the blade balancing 101 video..was it an Align? Isn't it a bell-hiller unit? I am being confused with different information, for instance ball links not being turned 1/2 turn as I learned today in video. Who is headmaster here? Dave, again; thank you.
Skyranger is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-01-2010, 06:00 PM   #77 (permalink)
Registered Users

I must need to post something before I can view any of the vids, but being a newb this looks like a fabulous wealth of knowledge! Thanks in advance.
windexh8er is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-14-2010, 09:53 AM   #78 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks for the great info!
a489 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-07-2010, 12:57 PM   #79 (permalink)
Registered Users

Awesome! thanks alot
CanadianHeliPilot is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-27-2010, 11:51 AM   #80 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks for sharing. I'm just getting started and information like this and having it contained and persented in a single location is very useful.

Again, thanks people like you and some other guy i saw on another link named Bob that take time to compose and compile info for rest of us
sghelis is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in