Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopters > Newbies: Tips and Information

Newbies: Tips and Information Section of HF, specifically for Passing along info to newcomers to the hobby. Setup, tweaking, orientation practice, etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-08-2014, 02:28 PM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

I too am looking for a basic setup for a 5003D for the DX6/9/18. I have a DX6 gen2 and this is my 1st 500 size. and I'm still a Noob at the programming of the radio. Can anyone help with a .spm file ? Please?

fingers crossed...

peace
Not_Here is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-18-2015, 04:40 PM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default 200 SRX with DX6

I am very new to this and am still trying to figure everything out. I found the 200 SRX download on Spektrum's website and successfully loaded it with the SD card. Does anyone know where to find a key to what each of the switches controls? Specifically, I am looking for the beginner/intermediate/experienced switch (I think it is B) as well as any other switches that can help me out. Right now, it doesn't seem that the self-leveling feature is working in any of the modes. Any advice would be appreciated.
Muzzlebag is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-19-2015, 07:45 AM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muzzlebag View Post
I am very new to this and am still trying to figure everything out. I found the 200 SRX download on Spektrum's website and successfully loaded it with the SD card. Does anyone know where to find a key to what each of the switches controls? Specifically, I am looking for the beginner/intermediate/experienced switch (I think it is B) as well as any other switches that can help me out. Right now, it doesn't seem that the self-leveling feature is working in any of the modes. Any advice would be appreciated.
I responded to your question in the other thread, but in short: B is indeed flight mode and I think throttle hold is switch H? I set mine for switch A, but it's personal preference.

I'd like to know what exactly you are expecting out of self-leveling. It is designed to return the heli to level flight, as in if you move it, and let off the stick, it'll level out, instead of continue to move in that direction like many CP helicopters.

There are several people here who are very smart on this helicopter. If you can be specific on your perceived issue, I have a feeling the collective mind here can help you figure it out. Better yet, shoot a video with narration. We love videos.

Former heli pilot.
KevinPJF is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-19-2015, 01:05 PM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

Sorry for posting the same question in two different places, but I really appreciate the response. I guess I imagine the self-leveling feature would help the helicopter to return to a neutral position after small control movements are made (kind of like you described). The way it works right now, if I make any control movements (including yaw), the helicopter takes off and requires quite a bit of stick movement in the opposite direction to stop it (which really doesn't stop it, just gets it moving really fast in the other direction). Ultimately I just crash it which is getting a little costly. I guess I am just over controlling it, but wanted to see if the DX6 in some way needs to be set differently to allow this feature to work, or if it is just automatic with the beginner and intermediate modes. Thanks again!
Old 04-19-2015, 05:44 PM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Sorry for posting the same question in two different places, but I really appreciate the response. I guess I imagine the self-leveling feature would help the helicopter to return to a neutral position after small control movements are made (kind of like you described). The way it works right now, if I make any control movements (including yaw), the helicopter takes off and requires quite a bit of stick movement in the opposite direction to stop it (which really doesn't stop it, just gets it moving really fast in the other direction). Ultimately I just crash it which is getting a little costly. I guess I am just over controlling it, but wanted to see if the DX6 in some way needs to be set differently to allow this feature to work, or if it is just automatic with the beginner and intermediate modes. Thanks again!
No no. No worries.

That's exactly what it's supposed to do. If you are in FM1, and give it some gentle/short aileron movement, when you let off the stick, the heli should level out (as in the disc should be level with the ground), however, it may not STOP it from moving in that direction, what with inertia. Try this: Get it up in a level hover (it should lift basically straight up, with no need for corrective input, as long as it isn't windy), and give it just a slight nudge to either the right or left. Just enough to cause the main shaft to require a slight tilt. Just move it and return the stick to neutral. The bird should move, then return to level flight. If not, there's an issue.

Have you read through Junkman's how-to stickies at the top of the forum? In there, he describes how to do a receiver reset, a servo calibration and trim flight. I'd strongly recommend carrying out these steps. Just be meticulous and deliberate in doing it, so you don't miss anything. After you do that, check it out again and see if there is any improvement.

Good luck to you!

Former heli pilot.
KevinPJF is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-19-2015, 05:50 PM   #26 (permalink)
HF Support

My HF Map location

Quote:
From the manual:
Quote:
  • In Beginner Mode (switch position 0), the bank angle is limited to 15 degrees. When the cyclic stick is released, the model will return to level.
  • In Intermediate Mode (switch position 1), the bank angle is limited to 35 degrees. When the cyclic stick is released, the model will return to level.
  • In Experienced Mode (switch position 2), the bank angle is not limited. When the sticks are released, the model will not return to level. If you lose orientation, use the Panic Switch to return the model to a familiar orientation.
Advanced mode is how a CP heli usually flies (think of balancing a metal ball on a glass plate and how you would get it to the other side of the room without touching the ball bearing and only affecting the tilt of the plate).

You learn to control this, either get a simulator (Clearview, Heli-X, neXt, Phoenix, RealFlight), or start very slowly (like RADD's guide - http://www.dream-models.com/files/docs/FieldManual.pdf).

If you get a sim, have a look at: From tail-in to all 8s and funnels in 6 months (It assumes you have the hover tail-in working to start with and gives the basics to go anywhere you want).

Btw, Tail will work like a normal heli (push to turn, release/center to stop).
Old 04-19-2015, 09:00 PM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

Alright, thanks again for the advice guys! I'll definitely try those suggestions. Again, I really appreciate it!
Old 06-21-2015, 02:43 AM   #28 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malapp1 View Post
It took a little while to understand it but I finally got it. It would be nice if the manual were a bit clearer. It took me a while to figure out that channel 5 had to be -100, 0, +100. Oh we'll, I got it and it's flying!
Hi, I just got my DX6 and still working on the safety mode setting. Can you make it a lil bit detailed? Like set chan 5 to wich key and where to change it to -100, 0, 100?

Appreciated
rodar is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in