Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Compass Helicopters > Warp 360

Warp 360 Compass Warp 360 Model Helicopter Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-11-2014, 06:24 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default HS bogging under heavy load

The last time i flew my warp, when the head was under a high load, such as at the bottom of a big loop the HS would bog a lot. it has never done this before. I have the Scorp 2520-1360 so its not lacking on power.

I'm thinking the one way is slipping but when i hold the head with one hand and try to turn the main gear against the one way bearing it wont slip. i would think i would be able to over power the one way if it is slipping. After i noticed the HS bogging i did a few hard collective climbs and i could hear the HS bog again and a squealing noise.

I cant figure it out, do you guys have any ideas?
Frostwick is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-12-2014, 04:04 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Usually, it has to do with aging packs.
Does this happen on a fresh pack or more towards the end of the flight?
Old 07-12-2014, 06:50 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luigi_tuga View Post
Usually, it has to do with aging packs.
Does this happen on a fresh pack or more towards the end of the flight?
My first inclination was that I put a dead battery in by accident, but after checking the voltage, it was fully charged. I use gena ace 1600 and pulse 1350. it is definitely not the packs.
Old 07-12-2014, 08:33 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frostwick View Post
My first inclination was that I put a dead battery in by accident, but after checking the voltage, it was fully charged. I use gena ace 1600 and pulse 1350. it is definitely not the packs.
Yep, specially not those 1600, they must hold HS nice, right?
A re-check on the solders is a necessary step when problems like this occur.
Old 07-15-2014, 12:40 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

"I'm thinking the one way is slipping but when i hold the head with one hand and try to turn the main gear against the one way bearing it wont slip. i would think i would be able to over power the one way if it is slipping. "

This is not a valid test.

You might pull the main gear/one way out, clean it and re-lube it (with ATF or TriFlow) and see if that helps.

Sometimes ramp-roller clutches will squeal when slipping.

Has anything else changed (i.e. change in collective range)?
Old 07-15-2014, 06:27 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ah Clem View Post
"I'm thinking the one way is slipping but when i hold the head with one hand and try to turn the main gear against the one way bearing it wont slip. i would think i would be able to over power the one way if it is slipping. "

This is not a valid test.

You might pull the main gear/one way out, clean it and re-lube it (with ATF or TriFlow) and see if that helps.

Sometimes ramp-roller clutches will squeal when slipping.

Has anything else changed (i.e. change in collective range)?
"This is not a valid test." Thank you for explaining why!

and no, nothing else has changed.

The motor belt looked warn so im replacing that.
Old 07-15-2014, 09:55 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

""This is not a valid test." Thank you for explaining why!"

Sorry,

I was not trying to be a smart @ss.

I was trying to help.

It's not vibrating when you test it manually, and you have not idea how much force is actually on it when it is under load in flight. You might be over, you might be under, in terms of load-you just don't know.

The one way in my friends Atom squealed and exhibited strange behavior in flight (appeared to be slipping and grabbing). He took it apart and lubed it, and it was fine. He flew it quite a bit more after than.

I now have that Atom. When I went through it, I cleaned the OWB out and lubed it again. I have over 100 flights on it now. I am the fourth owner...

I have been messing with ramp-roller clutches in model helicopters since the mid-1980's (I am older than dirt), so I am a bit familiar with them.
Old 07-16-2014, 08:50 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ah Clem View Post
""This is not a valid test." Thank you for explaining why!"

Sorry,

I was not trying to be a smart @ss.

I was trying to help.

It's not vibrating when you test it manually, and you have not idea how much force is actually on it when it is under load in flight. You might be over, you might be under, in terms of load-you just don't know.

The one way in my friends Atom squealed and exhibited strange behavior in flight (appeared to be slipping and grabbing). He took it apart and lubed it, and it was fine. He flew it quite a bit more after than.

I now have that Atom. When I went through it, I cleaned the OWB out and lubed it again. I have over 100 flights on it now. I am the fourth owner...

I have been messing with ramp-roller clutches in model helicopters since the mid-1980's (I am older than dirt), so I am a bit familiar with them.
Okay awesome! thank you for the help. After taking apart the heli I noticed that the motor belt looked to be quite warn and there was a lot of dust near the motor from it. I am going to replace the belt and hopefully that was the cause. I also, as you recommend, will clean and lube the roller clutch. again thank you for the help sir.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in