Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Walkera Helicopters > 4G3

4G3 Walkera 4G3 Helicopter Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-23-2013, 07:36 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Forwarding 4g3 parts to 3 axis control

I dusted off the ol' Novus CP which I had converted to the Turbo Brushless hot-rod whatever about 2 years ago. I had given up trying to make this thing work. I did a little research and wound up with an RX 2605A receiver and with adjustments to the 2 do-dad screws on the RX, made the thing "flyable". I actually hovered it, but soon lost control, resulting in a final crash that sent me back to WOW ordering more parts. Question, can I upgrade this to a V120D03 by getting the 3 axis gyro 2613v Walkera sells along with the flybarless head parts without having to upgrade the transmitter? (Transmitter is a Novus TX 624 6 channel). Gads, it would be nice to have this fly similar to a Blade mCPx after spending the money on the upgrades etc. By the way, that mCPx is wonderful!

Lon
Hellytriever is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-24-2013, 06:05 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Having slept on the issue, my resolve is to take the plunge and order the receiver and see if it functions with the Novus Transmitter. I see from the dates on these 4g3 threads, it's time has come and gone. So for anyone out there hanging on in the 4g3 v120d03 world, I'll post my results.
Old 11-05-2013, 06:08 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Happy day, the Novus transmitter binds with the 2613v receiver. In a quick test, all functions appear normal. (I'm nervous about dialing in the tail motor because it would just spin apparently without influence to control inputs.)

Mixing a flybar head with a 3 axis gyro sounds ill advised, so I ordered flybarless parts to build a new FBL head from Chinese Jade. I ordered the second generation frame with the larger RX tray which will also allow attachment of the all plastic landing skid. This plastic skid looks a little beefier than the wire skid that came with the Novus CP and has a better battery tray with an additional slot for at least one of the 10A speed controls. It will be a Walkera V120D03 when complete. By now you may be wondering, so I must say that where I'm located, this is the time of year for wind and rain, good for working at the bench. Oh, and if the weather cooperates, I actually have other helis that fly!
Old 11-18-2013, 01:07 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default movin on...kinda slowly

Okay, the parts have come in off the slow boat; lucky I guess that I live next to the port! Very positive experience ordering from Chinese Jade. He even sent a jade token and thanked me for my business. So I'll be putting together the FBL in the next week or two. On an added note, I'm now the proud owner of a Devo 10 and successfully made the transition to the Deviation soft ware, then back . I'm hoping to use this to bind to the RX2613V, once I can fathom the set up "principals" and application of the Deviation settings.

Lon
Hellytriever is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-29-2013, 08:15 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

The need for a couple of 1mm allen wrenches and a 1.5mm nut driver.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in