Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Antique Out of Production and Vintage Helicopters > E-Sky Helicopters > Belt CP

Belt CP E-Sky Belt CP

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-09-2008, 04:03 AM   #61 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

"Just a case of definition, Holmes!!"

Futaba 14SG,
helihathnofury is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-09-2008, 09:18 AM   #62 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

HE HE!
Old 09-10-2008, 03:53 AM   #63 (permalink)

Default ALIGN PADDLE CONTROL ARM

Hi,
I am new and after a search in forum I did not fount how to align paddle control arm.

Have you any "link" (video, img, ...) about this?

Tks,
M.
inquisitore is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-10-2008, 02:44 PM   #64 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by inquisitore View Post
Hi,
I am new and after a search in forum I did not fount how to align paddle control arm.

Have you any "link" (video, img, ...) about this?

Tks,
M.
Solved! More easy I thought...
inquisitore is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-12-2008, 08:35 AM   #65 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi heli friends,

I just changed my main blades to carbon fibre and found that my belt CP some sort like... unwilling to take off . I set my Hov.pit to 2 o'clock then become better.

Normal? or something need to adjust.

Thanks.
cpc7084 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-12-2008, 10:24 AM   #66 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Stupid question: Is blades on in the correct way?

Other probable causes:
- Blade tracking
- Blade balancing
- Check everything is straight (feathering shaft, main shaft, etc.)

Hope this helps!

Belt CP (CRASHED): TP SG-90's, control arm mod, T-Rex 450 main shaft, EK1-0704a
T-Rex 500 CF: 5245 on cyclic, JR G770 3D gyro w. 3500G, DX7
Boddan is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-12-2008, 12:58 PM   #67 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

+1 to Boddan and TIGHTEN YOUR SCREWS!!!!!!!!
Old 09-12-2008, 06:24 PM   #68 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heli Yea! View Post
What I did is add one washer between the blade and the blade clip then back to normal again. Thanks Boddan and Heli Yea.
Old 09-12-2008, 06:40 PM   #69 (permalink)
Registered Users

I found that with full battery my belt CP will rotate to the left and when the battery power almost end, it will rotate to the right. I have to adjust the rudder trim during the same battery flight. Then with 1800mAh and 2100mAh different again the feeling.(every things are stock from e-sky)

Any one facing this problem? Is this because of the head speed? Can a head hold gyro solve this problem? I plan to have one.

What is the comparison between a Rate Gyro and a Head Hold Gyro? may be the advantages and disadvantages.

Thanks.

Regards,
CPC
Old 09-12-2008, 11:32 PM   #70 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

True, a good HH gyro should solve this. If you are going to buy one, get the best you can afford. I hovered about buying the Esky 0704B, the Futaba GY401 or the Logictech 2100. I went for the Esky on price, and regret it, as I [and others apparently] are having problems with the setup - see threads. Others with greater skills with these beasts - and I mean gyros and/or copters - might be happy with the Esky one and have great performance from it. But for me, and despite all the great help from the guys on here, I cannot figure it out. Personally, I don't think you could go wrong with the either of the options I indicated above.

Good luck

Mike
Futaba 14SG,
Old 09-13-2008, 03:19 AM   #71 (permalink)

Hi GuysI have a carbon Belt with Auminium everything else that I have inherited from a friend who no longer has time for it. He never got it hovering even and admitted to being rather inpatient.
I have since been the opposite.
I have meticulously read theough the setup posts, watched the vids etc, and have wound the beast up several times but have had a couple of problems.
The first was that he had the two rear servos swapped arouns and if you pitched forward the whole copter just sank on its skids, and if you pitched back it would rise in the air! Fortunatly I sused that out.
The remaining problem is this.
The heli is stable and rises on its training gear to the point of leaving the ground.
as soon as it leaves the ground it rotates couter clockwise, dispite full stick the opposit way.
If I watch the tail blades they are neutral in the middle and will swing both ways as I swing the stick. the Gyro is doing its thing but I just can't get it to stop rotating no matter what input I give it.
Obviously I have the setup wrong in some way, but can't figure it out.
I could move the servo back and forth on the boom, but this will allow the control arm to hit one side or the other of the tail rotor shaft.
at the moment the servo arm is centered and the blades are centered. full stick either way twists the blades the correct way to their limit. At the point of hover swinging the stick "seems" to affect the rotation, but as soon as its in the air around she goes.
anyone got any ideas for me?
Captain_s is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-13-2008, 04:02 AM   #72 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Hi Captain_s
Welcome to the forum
what kind/make of gyro are you using.If it is the standard try reversing the direction on the gyro, if its the 0704A try reversing on the tx
Old 09-13-2008, 04:18 AM   #73 (permalink)

Its the stock standard Gyro.
The Gyro seems to be doing what it is supposed to do.
What I "Think" the problem is is that I have upgraded the tail to the alloy one and that the little arms that join the control lever to the balls on the tail blade holders are too short and not giving the blades enough pitch range. full swing either way is only about 5 degrees. If I was to fit slightly longer ones then the range of pitch of the blades will be greater, and then perhaps I will be able to find the sweet spot and go from there.
I will try this tommorow once the battery is charged again unless there are any other ideas. It is definatly not the gyro thats the problem, I am pretty sure of that.
Cheers
Old 09-13-2008, 04:19 AM   #74 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Could be a stripped pulley, the black plastic one turning the belt. Worth a check CAPT S.

Mike
Futaba 14SG,
Old 09-13-2008, 07:31 AM   #75 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Hi Captain when you set the position of the tail servo at 90 degrees your pitch slider should be only 1/3 of its travel away from the boom side on it's shaft. The adjustment procedure is in the full Belt cp manual if you don't have one Jack has one in PDF format posted as a sticky at the begining of this forum. Also check that your tail rotor from lh side view is rotating CCW while the main rotor rotates CW if not you may have a twist in the drive belt. and it is normal for the Heli to drop when forward cyclic (elevator) is applied and upward when backwards cyclic (elevator) is applied you must compensate with your left stick to maintain your altitude. hope this helps you out! keep us posted
Gerry
EXI 450 - #1 Logitec 2100, TPsg90s ,Heli Max Axe CP
E-Sky Lama v4, EXI #2 build just started
gerrydobro is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-13-2008, 09:04 PM   #76 (permalink)

Thanks Gerry
If I had the pitch slider only 1/3 of the way across the blades were no where near 90.
Doing what I first thought, and making the ball joint arms a bit longer has fixed the problem. The Pitch slider is now at 1/3 and the blades only slightly pitched.
It now hovers nicely and has good rotational control.
This puzzles me!
With the aloy tail upgrade I suppose you are supposed to use the rest of the plastic tail parts that don't come with the upgrade. If this is the case then the arms are too short. Either that or something else is wrong and I have just compensated for it!
The belt and its associated gears are all fine, I have double and tripple checked them many times.
using the stock small plastic arms there is NO WAY that you can get the blades at 90 with the slider only 1/3 across!
so... its hoverering and controlable... have ai fixed it do you think!!!
Old 09-13-2008, 09:27 PM   #77 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

When the adjustment calls for 90 degrees they are refering to a 90 degree angle of the servo horn to the servos body or what is basically the midpoint of the servo arms travel (full left-middle-full right) with the servo arm at 90 or midpoint in its travel you loosen the servos mounting rings on the tail boom and slide the entire assembly on the tail boom while holding the servo horn from moving to obtain the 1/3 travel point on the pitch slider shaft. this is the realative starting point for the pitch of the tail blades, it gives you the proper initial tail blade pitch to hold the tail from spining against the inertia of the main rotors blade spin (CCW). you would adjust this the same using either the stock or upgrade tail assembly. Hope this helps!
Gerry
Old 09-14-2008, 12:13 AM   #78 (permalink)

Click image for larger version

Name:	tail.jpg
Views:	312
Size:	132.5 KB
ID:	62792

Funnily enough I have followed all the "Standard" setup for the tail.
I did exactly that, set the servo at midppoint and adjusted the slider to 1/3 but the tail blades were pitched way over and there was no way the heli would be any where near stable.
Above photo is current working setup. If the two black plastic ball arms were any shorter it pitches the tail in the wrong direction!
I think perhaps one of two things I might check now that you have said this.
firstly perhaps the shaft is too long??? or perhaps I have mounted the tail blade holders onto the shaft wrong??
is the shaft supposed to be flush with the end of the tail blade holder midpoint, and the grub screws in the flat on the shaft?
As I have it now its all sweet and hovers nicely with full control of the tail.
Old 09-14-2008, 02:44 AM   #79 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I've changed it completely because the esky slider binds at the end of travel, I used this slider no more binding and the arms are long enough
Old 09-14-2008, 07:32 AM   #80 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Hi Captain, your set up looks almost right on, If you adjust it a bit more so the slider is a little closer to the boom side it should give you some more positive pitch to the left which will give you a little more bite which will turn the heli a bit more CCW action. Along with the new pitch slider that Ber60 recommends from KA-Planes (btw I buy from them all the time-good service and fast!) Youu should have this all solved!
Gerry

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in